Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-26-2015, 12:35 PM   #61
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Old 04-26-2015, 12:38 PM   #62
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 02:13 PM   #63
Corbic
Post Whore!

Old 04-26-2015, 02:37 PM   #64
Corbic
Post Whore!

Old 04-26-2015, 02:43 PM   #65
JRex
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JRex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I had no idea battles were just unpolished CST Zero's...learn something new every day lol
Old 04-26-2015, 05:11 PM   #66
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
they're not. they're rebranded CST. You can get black, bronze, etc CST...
Old 04-26-2015, 05:17 PM   #67
Chris28
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Chris28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Last edited by Chris28; 04-26-2015 at 06:40 PM..
Chris28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:51 PM   #68
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW View Post
they're not. they're rebranded CST. You can get black, bronze, etc CST...
true.
cst's on my fd

Old 04-26-2015, 06:56 PM   #69
s13 drifta
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (105)
s13 drifta will become famous soon enoughs13 drifta will become famous soon enoughs13 drifta will become famous soon enoughs13 drifta will become famous soon enoughs13 drifta will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 105 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Your cheap Rotas/XXRs/Varrstoens/etc are not gonna fucking explode.

Guess again.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:30 PM   #70
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
The other MB wheels were actually nicer wheels than the Battles. The Weapons and Competitions were actually made by A-Tech and were very good quality wheels. The Battles were Chinese shit, NOT made by A-Tech. I would like to see the stampings on the CST's to see if they were actually the same wheels, I've always been curious.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:26 PM   #71
ZX88
Post Whore!

ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
The other MB wheels were actually nicer wheels than the Battles. The Weapons and Competitions were actually made by A-Tech and were very good quality wheels. The Battles were Chinese shit, NOT made by A-Tech. I would like to see the stampings on the CST's to see if they were actually the same wheels, I've always been curious.
so I have also been wondering about this. The first pair of battle bought in 08 seemed to be better quality than the set I bought last year. The newer set powder coat seemed more fragile, and they definitely had the made in china stamped on the back. Let me take a look at my old battles, i dont think they have a cst stamp on them...
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:49 PM   #72
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
battles are dope, they were my first set of wheels back in 2008, loved them so much I bought a pair for skid spares now and that's coming from someone who had 18x9.5 + 12 CR Kai's and currently have 18x9.5 +12 chrome work XT7s
Old 04-26-2015, 09:01 PM   #73
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
The Battles were Chinese shit, NOT made by A-Tech. I would like to see the stampings on the CST's to see if they were actually the same wheels, I've always been curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
so I have also been wondering about this. The first pair of battle bought in 08 seemed to be better quality than the set I bought last year. The newer set powder coat seemed more fragile, and they definitely had the made in china stamped on the back. Let me take a look at my old battles, i dont think they have a cst stamp on them...
Made in China Battles?!? You've got to be kidding...
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 drifta View Post
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/wrx8xb/RotaFTW.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...hark/wheel.jpg

Guess again.
I'm trying to drop this subject to stop derailing the thread. But I know the story behind both those ancient history pics. What happened to that P45R was a lot worse that hitting a curb/pothole and could have happened to any wheel. Plenty of Rota/XXR in use daily driving, drifting & time attack with no issues at all. Don't act like Battles are unbreakable. Shit happens. Drop it.

Last edited by simmode1; 04-26-2015 at 09:42 PM..
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:09 PM   #74
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
That's clearly a curb hit, the only wheel I've ever seen come apart just while driving is XXR/sportmaxx not saying all of them will do that they are just the only wheel brand I've seen do that, all those wheels are ugly as fuck anyway though so.. I would run rotas for skid spares any day though as long as they are in good sizes and they look rad
Old 04-26-2015, 09:50 PM   #75
unwtdhero
BANNED

unwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 drifta View Post

Guess again.

simmode.....shots fired
unwtdhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:09 PM   #76
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Just keep posting pics...plenty of ppl who own real wheels now have owned battles before and choose too now.....

In other news, I sold the set I was going to slap on my S14 so here's a battle free photo

#SUNDAYFUNDAY

rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:48 PM   #77
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Oh cool...
Real wheel vs rep wheel debate thread number 60
Old 04-26-2015, 11:07 PM   #78
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore

Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:20 PM   #79
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Old 04-27-2015, 12:23 AM   #80
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwtdhero View Post
simmode.....shots fired
I already returned fire. Maybe you didn't see the busted Battle up there. But damn, I did not post to fucking champion Rota. Neither brand is special to me. I got plenty ammo way more recent than those almost 10 year old pics you're quoting but just drop it already.

Battles content. Now play nice & let it go.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:10 AM   #81
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:14 AM   #82
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Battles content. Now play nice & let it go.
Still trying to figure out why you keep adding non-related crap to this thread? OP didn't ask for your OPINION on battles/cst's, so please stop.

On topic... 2008 i think?

xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:36 AM   #83
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Wouldn't mind another pair of battles as spares again.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:26 AM   #84
Chris28
Zilvia Member

Chris28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Checked my older set (~4 years old) and they have made in China cast in on the back side of a spoke. I'll check my new set (purchased within the last year) to see if there are any casting differences. Found a QC sticker on the barrel, no CST markings though.
Chris28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:31 PM   #85
StatticMyke
Zilvia Member

StatticMyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine looks like shit about to paint in a couple weeks but Battles none the less.
StatticMyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:46 PM   #86
pancakes562
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
pancakes562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
s14

Old 04-29-2015, 09:25 AM   #87
Corbic
Post Whore!

The battle rages on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanS View Post
Here's my work in progress from the UK

Difference in generations alongside my father's 1931 Ford Model A!

Old 04-29-2015, 11:59 AM   #88
lowerclass

lowerclass is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.dohcresearch.com/WP/portf...urst/#lightbox[8446]/1/

Not trying to get sued because this guy is apparently super anal about his pictures, but heres an example of driftu action in japan. For some reason I just never see the dudes in japan running rota's or xxr's.
lowerclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:29 PM   #89
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
That's a mighty busted wheel for EVERY SINGLE THING around the wheel being seemingly undamaged. What'd they run into a transmogriphier ray? FOH!!!
Old 04-29-2015, 01:40 PM   #90
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowerclass View Post
http://www.dohcresearch.com/WP/portf...urst/#lightbox[8446]/1/

Not trying to get sued because this guy is apparently super anal about his pictures, but heres an example of driftu action in japan. For some reason I just never see the dudes in japan running rota's or xxr's.
Aside from really nice jdm wheels being cheaper to buy over there, if the wheel doesn't have the JWL stamping, I doubt such wheels can even be sold in Japan. Look into the JWL certification process for your answer as to why. I'm curious if the made in china Battles have the JWL stamping...