Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Archive and FAQs

Archive and FAQs Archives and Frequently Asked Questions about the 240SX are in here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2009, 09:54 AM   #11
McCoy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
McCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black R View Post
I'm looking to run something similar to this on my s13.

But I'd like to use the z32 aluminum uprights and q45 rear end, knuckles, etc.
Like this... these are richards housings with Koni 8610's in them.

Quote:
The two caveats with this setop (IMO) are lack of separate lower perch adjustability, and the clunking issue due to unloading and reseating.
The rears can go pretty low, and with the right spring length you will have pretty good adjustability out back. As for the clunking, I live in a pretty rough area and never hear clunking, even over uneven railroad tracks at speed, so I just don't see this as being an issue.

If you REALLY want to do something about it, just install a tender spring and be done with it.