Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-12-2005, 11:29 PM   #1
Silvia_Drift
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Silvia_Drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ca18et tranny Vs Ca18det tranny

Hey guys. I searched and I found that some people are saying that the CA18ET tranny will work with the CA18DET motor on my S13. So, I go out and buy a CA18ET tranny from a 200sx and now some people are saying that the CA18ET tranny is shorter than the CA18DET tranny. Is this true and what can I do about this? Someone said something about swapping bell housings or something. Also, are there any other differences in the trannys?
Silvia_Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2005, 11:58 PM   #2
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
On one of my selling cars which was a Ca, I got a auto ca for cheap. To make the make 3tripple my money I needed to find alternatives rather then paying 200$ for a tranny. I went to the junkyard and picked up a 1984 200sx turbo tranny. I did not want the tranny since it IS TOO SHORT AND HAS A SHIFT LINK LIKE A 300zx. So I bought just the bellhousing, for 40$ then atached a ka tranny (3 on the side of my house) just like a rb20-ka, or sr-ka etc... I now had a fresh Ca tranny with low miles, and put the car on ebay 2 days later. Excuse me if Im jumping from place to place. Im almost finished with the 12pack. I need to stop, but I cant. I will get help later, right now I feel great. Long story short, get just the bellhousing.
TheSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 12:13 AM   #3
chris4130
Leaky Injector

chris4130 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, all you need is a bellhousing... then you can you KA, SR, CA, RB20 Blah blah..
chris4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 12:21 AM   #4
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4130
Yes, all you need is a bellhousing... then you can you KA, SR, CA, RB20 Blah blah..

The last one is a rb25de
you were so close.
TheSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:08 AM   #5
Silvia_Drift
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Silvia_Drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sorry I'm a n00b lol. Is the belhousing just the outside casing on the tranny? I can take pictures today to show you guys what I bought and what part I need. Also, I have an Excedy racing clutch for the CA. Will this still work if I use just the CA bell housing?
Silvia_Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 01:30 PM   #6
Nostradamus
Zilvia Junkie

Nostradamus will become famous soon enoughNostradamus will become famous soon enoughNostradamus will become famous soon enoughNostradamus will become famous soon enoughNostradamus will become famous soon enough
The bellhousing is the front half of the tranny that bolts to the motor.