Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
FattyMcBaggins
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
FattyMcBaggins is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
VQ35 Swap Bible!

Hey guys,
I just wanted to pitch an idea. For those of you who haven't seen my car, I've spent the past few years building a VQ35 swapped S13. Originally it seemed as if there was a good bit of information regarding the swap. But, once I started trying to really map out what I would need to complete the project, I found that most of the information was either inconcise or somewhat conflicting. I also CONSTANTLY worked with shops that were supposedly “experts” on the swap, and I couldn't believe how horrible the quality of their products were. I sent out my wiring to the “pro's”, and then, after spending months chasing wiring gremlins, opened up the wiring that the shop did, only to find wires that hadn't even been soldered together. I bought powersteering and fuel conversion setups from another so called swap expert, only to have to fix, or order extra parts in order to ACTUALLY make them work. So, after having to solve almost all of the problems with this swap on my own, and ALSO having to fix most of the parts/services that I received from the so-called experts, I now feel like I have a pretty comprehensive knowledge of how to do this swap, THE RIGHT WAY.
So, I'm strongly considering writing a book, that details the entire swap, part by part, wire by wire, including any little modification that has to be done to the car to make it fit/work. I would include a COMPLETE parts list, including any and every tool that would be needed. I was inspired once I bought a manual for an FFR GTM (kit car) and saw how absolutely idiot proof they had made most of it, and they're explaining how to disassemble a Corvette and then assemble a whole car! I wholeheartedly believe that I could produce a manual, and possibly any custom parts that are needed, to help make this swap more accessible. I'll also include information explaining how to make many of the parts, including pictures, dimensions, etc. For those that want a more visual experience, there will be a deluxe addition that comes with a DVD with how-to videos for some of the more complicated parts. I think this swap is going to become increasingly popular as SR/RB's get older and harder to obtain parts for.
I'm hoping to sell it as an “e-book” of some sort for anywhere between about $30-50 (depending on whether or not . I know it seems steep, but it would save you THOUSANDS in runs to Autozone or Home Depot, trying to solve problems. Not to mention, you would save COUNTLESS hours with this book. I would happily pay $50 to have everything spelled out for me. But, before I dive into a project of this magnitude, I'd like to get some feedback from people. I know there are swap DVD's out there (not for this swap), and people have done scattered writeup's and the such, but nobody has gathered all of the info into one place, and done it with offering a true value to the customer. Anyways, let me know what you think guys!

Dyno Run Video - VQ35 S13 - Tuning At UpRev - YouTube
FattyMcBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links