Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
angzt
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
angzt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
HKS .vs. GReddy | Top Feed Fuel Rails

I'm just curious what everybody's opinions are out there.

A fuel system upgrade isn't exactly cheap... I just want to make the right decision's. (I'm running an S13 SR20 Blacktop.)
I've already been using the GReddy intake plenum, GReddy external fuel pressure regulator, and NISMO 550cc injectors. Of course the next logical option would be the GReddy rail... But, what makes the HKS rail better? worse?

Any information / opinions would be greatly appreciated!

angzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
TitanRb25

Trader Rating: (0)
TitanRb25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rails are probably the one piece of equipment that really doesn't matter which one you choose. Essentially it's a hollow piece of metal, flowing fuel. At this point you are basically buying the name.

Pick one you like and go with it.
TitanRb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Why? Just run stock rail with the right injectors and a good EMS> Rail does nothing but look pretty pretty much. Get a good off rail FPR like aeromotive if you're going to invest in rail/fpr area. Even then you can runt the stock FPR up to 500-600 whp no problem if it's in good shape. Your next logical step is a good EMS or a good camshaft after that On topic of max hp with stock SR FPR 500 WHP all day - . I've personally done it. Invest is a Q45 TB instead.