Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 08:19 PM   #31
Dante319

Trader Rating: (0)
Dante319 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey guy as soon as you come back from vacation I'll be getting one of these. Now my engine is a ka-t with the ssa bottom mount manifold that places my S15 T28 in the same position as an SR for that matter. The T28 is using its own inlet, but my hotpipe is for an S13 going through the hole for the old resonator box. I could post a pic tomorrow to give you an idea of what I'm running, please get back at me as soon as you come back from your vacation.
Thank you
Old 03-20-2006, 10:29 PM   #32
whitey240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
whitey240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
surprisingly, I received my pipe today. I was thinking to myself damn thats sick turn around especially when I ordered it late last Wednesday. First thing i see was the silicone connectors, well they are pretty much the cheapest ones you can get. OK thats not to bad, I can replace that. So then I look at the pipe. the welds were far from clean, I have only been welding for a few months and I have made cleaner. Then for some reason there is a spot on the pipe where maybe a plug went that is now welded shut. and not very clean either. Definitely just wish I would have made my own instead of paid 65 bucks for a decent product. The only thing that is good is the fitment. just from eyeing it up it seems like it will be a nice fit. So now I am going to grind down the welds, clean them up and just powdercoat it. I hate when things don't look clean
Old 03-21-2006, 05:38 PM   #33
Pepperoni
Zilvia Addict

Pepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Pepperoni
whitey240, i'm sorry you are not completely satisfied with the product. I try to do the best I can on each pipe, especially when I'm trying to pump these out by myself. As you stated, you should know that aluminum is significantly harder to work with than metal. If you are looking for a pipe that is factory welded, perfect from defects, and "cleaner", I suggest you go to Enjuku, heavythrottle, Greddy, etc. and pay the $200+. Everyone else, thank you and glad the pipes got to you guys okay. I'll be returning late saturday
Old 03-22-2006, 11:06 AM   #34
mrsynister

mrsynister is on the path to ruinmrsynister is on the path to ruinmrsynister is on the path to ruin
bought a kit from aure! great product. you can really hear that turbo spool. especially if u have a ball bearing turbo. and the bov, loud as hell depending on what bov u have. i have both the greddy type s and type rs. i like the sound of the type rs better. sounds like a whip!!! u wont be disappointed with his product. great job aure!!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 06:02 AM   #35
reverend_sean
Leaky Injector

reverend_sean is an unknown quantity at this point
I am in too. Shoot me a PM Aure!
Old 03-26-2006, 11:21 AM   #36
Grey240Drift

Grey240Drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Sent you a PM
Old 03-30-2006, 06:54 PM   #37
Pepperoni
Zilvia Addict

Pepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nice
thanks guys. im tryin to take care of everybody in chronological order. if you havent heard from me please let me know, but i think i replied to everyone's PM/emails
Old 03-31-2006, 01:48 PM   #38
DriftChicken
Leaky Injector

DriftChicken is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperoni
Yup you're right. The difference is in the turbo inlet. The T28 intake pipe has one bend while the T25 intake pipe has two bends. If you're going to be using the T25 inlet, then you should get the T25 intake pipe.
From what I've read when going for T28 on s13 sr you have to use the t28 inlet pipe for s14/15. Otherise the pipe if in a weird position, no room. I'm now assuming that this will affect which pipe you go with, right?

What I'm getting at is that it sounds like the t25 version will not work when you upgrade to t28 turbo, which requires a t28 inlet pipe and, hence, matchign t28 intake pipe.

Here's my source...

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...&Number=168010

Now... I'm pretty sure of what I jsut said. Please read the link and let me know if I've misinterpreted (sp?) it.

Thanks

- Chicken
Old 03-31-2006, 03:30 PM   #39
gsxrbg

gsxrbg is an unknown quantity at this point
ok i really need one with no bungs,bov is on the coldpipe

Last edited by gsxrbg; 04-02-2006 at 05:45 AM..
Old 03-31-2006, 08:03 PM   #40
Pepperoni
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftChicken
From what I've read when going for T28 on s13 sr you have to use the t28 inlet pipe for s14/15. Otherise the pipe if in a weird position, no room. I'm now assuming that this will affect which pipe you go with, right?

What I'm getting at is that it sounds like the t25 version will not work when you upgrade to t28 turbo, which requires a t28 inlet pipe and, hence, matchign t28 intake pipe.

Here's my source...

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...&Number=168010

Now... I'm pretty sure of what I jsut said. Please read the link and let me know if I've misinterpreted (sp?) it.

Thanks

- Chicken
thats right. T25 inlet is much different than T28's. I'm sure you could cut up the T25 intake pipe and get it to work with the t28 turbo, but you might as well save money and get the T28 pipe.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:47 AM   #41
gsxrbg

please get back to me pepperoni i really want one of these
Old 04-03-2006, 05:49 AM   #42
nrg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
nrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nrg
I'm upgrading t28 on my s13 sr and using z32 maf.
I would need a piping made just like the OEM t25 version, but with the t28 size. BOV and catch can buns on them too with reducer couplin.

Price on this please.

edit: are these piping Exactly like OEM. Just from your pictures, it seems like the bov recir valve is facing the wrong direction. It should be pointed stright at the rad support, instead of tstright up to the valve cover; like in those pictures.

driftingisgay.com
Old 04-03-2006, 11:09 AM   #43
shiftnslide
Zilvia Member

shiftnslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrg
edit: are these piping Exactly like OEM. Just from your pictures, it seems like the bov recir valve is facing the wrong direction. It should be pointed stright at the rad support, instead of tstright up to the valve cover; like in those pictures.
who cares what oem is like.. who has an oem front mount and hotpipe? he puts the recirc bung in the spot where there is as little vacuum tubing to the blow off valve as possible. mine only has like 4-5 inches of vacuum tube between the blow off valve and intake. i've had mine for a number of months now and don't stall when i go into neutral right after boosting like i used to before my bov was recirc'ed.

Old 04-03-2006, 01:27 PM   #44
nrg
Zilvia FREAK!

nrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud of
who cares? obviouslly I do. My recirculated valve is already cut and measured by the OEM location. my hks hot pipe with hks ssqv is facing the other way compared to yours. If he can't make it as OEM as possible, then what's the point of my interest? I could make these myself in my garage with my tig welder.

It's pretty obviusly that he made that recir valve perfect for "leaky" greddy bov.

driftingisgay.com
Old 04-03-2006, 06:53 PM   #45
Pepperoni
Zilvia Addict

nrg, everyone's BOV is facing differently and like shiftnslide said, I try to put the bung as close to the BOV as possible for a cleaner look, and reduce the hose length.

I do hesitate to put together an intake with setups like yours especially when you're upgrading to T28 and not sure where everything is going yet. The stock bung will most likely be moved up higher if using the stock t28 intake, and I don't know how that will affect your hosing.

And the bungs I use are not BOV specific..

I can only do so much with pics and can only theoretically guess where your future t28 hosing will trace to. I think you should just wait to see how the t28 mounts and where exactly is when put together... to avoid headaches, at least.

If you could make it yourself, you probably should. That way you're 100% positive the intake is put together the way it should be for your setup
Old 04-04-2006, 03:30 AM   #46
gsxrbg

do you have one with no bungs or bov flange?
Old 04-04-2006, 04:09 AM   #47
nrg
Zilvia FREAK!

Pepperoni, It's a s14 t28 on a s13 sr. it will face exactly like s14 sr20det, but with s13 bov and catch can bungs.

this one doesn't look clean at all =S

driftingisgay.com
Old 04-04-2006, 02:08 PM   #48
Pepperoni
Zilvia Addict

gsxrbg, ill send you a PM

nrg, as for that pic, i dont know where else you would mount the bung to make it look cleaner, i dont think it looks as bad as you make it out to be. sounds like you made your decision already, thanks for the interest.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:07 PM   #49
daredevildoug
Leaky Injector

daredevildoug is making his/her stupidity well-knowndaredevildoug is making his/her stupidity well-knowndaredevildoug is making his/her stupidity well-knowndaredevildoug is making his/her stupidity well-known
What is the status of my order? i sent you a payment the other day. lmk. thanks

-derrick
Old 04-04-2006, 07:42 PM   #50
RaidenKing
Zilvia Member

RaidenKing is on a distinguished road
I'll take one for an s14 t28
Old 04-07-2006, 01:24 AM   #51
drifter808
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
drifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
hook me up with one for a stock redtop with no recirc bung. send me a pm for full details
Old 04-09-2006, 08:53 PM   #52
NiSmo240luvR
Zilvia Member

NiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to behold
id like a bungless one for an s13 blacktop with a stock t25...how much?
Old 04-10-2006, 12:45 AM   #53
daredevildoug
Leaky Injector

daredevildoug is making his/her stupidity well-knowndaredevildoug is making his/her stupidity well-knowndaredevildoug is making his/her stupidity well-knowndaredevildoug is making his/her stupidity well-known
aure, nice job with shipping and the actual product. thanks. i like it alot...

-de
Old 04-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #54
jdms14_silvia
Leaky Injector

jdms14_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Gonna Take Some Pix And Ill Hit You Up.. Very Interested..
Old 04-11-2006, 07:25 PM   #55
gsxrbg

hey i got mine the other day and i want everyone to know that its worth every penny you cant beat the price and the quality, plus it comes with everything you need to install it,i put mine on and i have to say that it makes that little t25 sound like a jet engine the boost is alot more snappy too you dont have the stock tube expanding and contracting loosing pressure,he promised it by the weekend and sure enough it was on my door step fri night....thanks pepperoni ill post some pics
Old 04-11-2006, 07:51 PM   #56
Dante319

Dante319 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Aure just sent you payment and pics to your email address.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:37 PM   #57
sc ka24e
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
sc ka24e has a spectacular aura aboutsc ka24e has a spectacular aura aboutsc ka24e has a spectacular aura aboutsc ka24e has a spectacular aura aboutsc ka24e has a spectacular aura aboutsc ka24e has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
hey aure im very intrested i have a s13 red top with a gt28 i just need an intake with a catch can bung stock size is fine
Old 04-12-2006, 03:43 PM   #58
Grey240Drift

Grey240Drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks again!
Old 04-14-2006, 12:34 AM   #59
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

dvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enough
great intake!

Old 04-14-2006, 02:15 AM   #60
Pepperoni
Zilvia Addict

Thanks guys! Just contact me and let me know what kind of setups you're looking into

dvdevo - im glad the bung placement worked out. Having it relocated was harder than i thought (took me 1.5hrs to complete that alone, lol) but in the end it doesnt matter as long as it came out right. thanks again
Closed Thread