Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-07-2016, 05:37 PM   #2161
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Except they actually look like this in the show.

The dude on the left looks like he is maybe like quarter Taiwanese or something, though I would guess Italian from Brooklyn.
Look at all that blonde and brown hair. Two of them have literally perfectly round eyes. Appropriating my culture.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2016, 05:44 PM   #2162
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Lol.. hair color isn't a product of your culture. It's a product of your ethnicity. And there are plenty of ppl of all ethnicities with lighter colored hair.

And I still see a lot of narrow eyes in that pic on most of the characters who don't have cybernetic eyes...

Togusa is the only one that always screamed euro to me...
Old 07-07-2016, 05:45 PM   #2163
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This is would be like me getting mad about the actor who plays thor being british or some shit. When thor has to be nordic. And what main character in the star wars movie was Asian?
We should just talk about the cartoons we watch oni-fam
Being able to make televisual cartoons is Western cultural approbation,but you dont see me bitching about that. So is being on the net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:55 PM   #2164
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
^^^Not even remotely similar comparison. British & Nordic are different cultures, but the same Caucasian ethnicity.

Use of technology is not cultural appropriation.
Quote:
Cultural appropriation happens when elements of a minority culture are used by members of the cultural majority; this is seen as wrongfully oppressing the minority culture or stripping it of its group identity and intellectual property rights.
GITS group identity & intellectual property rights have essentially been stripped. In the eyes of the casual audience, it will now be recognized as something intrinsically European.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:56 PM   #2165
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
And there are plenty of ppl of all ethnicities with lighter colored hair.
Oh yeah? Name like seventeen.
All of their clothes are a direct product of my culture. Technically they should be wearing kimonos and wooden sandals.
Also, television and computers and the internet were invented by my culture and therefore by me, so they should find their own medium to distribute their show through.
Stop raping my identity.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:05 PM   #2166
simmode1
Post Whore!

Shit man, I'm black and EVERYBODY in my family has brownish-red hair. Gets even lighter in the summer. That's 17 right there.

The part you're neglecting about cultural appropriation is that the majority in power (of the production studios, in this case) are likely going to strip the content, absorb all of the credit & leave none for the culture that produced it.

Asians CANNOT do that to the European culture because they do not control the majority power to oppress, influence thought & decision.

What I find really sad is that by doubling down on the idea that Scarjo is the best pick because she & the rest of whitewashed cast will pack seats, you're also saying that the majority don't want to watch Asians in starring roles. But other than martial arts flicks, Hollywood has never even given them a chance. And even that, Bruce had to carve that niche for them.

At least they got Beat Takeshi in there, so that's something.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:20 PM   #2167
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
^^^Not even remotely similar comparison. British & Nordic are different cultures, but the same Caucasian ethnicity.

I dont recall being from the caucasus mountains.

Yeah Matej you white privileged asshole, all the significant moments in humanity,vaccines,medicine, literally all technology, that everyone else parasitized off of western civilization, and that western civilization kindly let them have, Does not count as cultural approbation! Only trivial shit like cartoon characters counts as cultural appropriation! You just dont understand logic.

Also, ive decided today that despite having the same skin color as other Europeans and Asians, that Dutch people are in fact their own race and subspecies of the human taxonomy. Therefore, i expect you to base your financial and artistic decisions , off of what i feel is inclusive
Old 07-07-2016, 06:35 PM   #2168
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
I dont recall being from the caucasus mountains.
Well, I 100% agree with this one. Wholly inaccurate label to slap on such a large group, but a European scientist said it and the world just ran with it...lol
Old 07-07-2016, 09:50 PM   #2169
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
In production...

In addition to Johansson, the film will also feature Rila Fukushima (The Wolverine), Beat Takeshi Kitano (Battle Royale), Kaori Momoi (Memoirs of a Geisha), Chin Han (Captain America: The Winter Soldier), Danusia Samal (Tyrant), Lasarus Ratuere (Terra Nova), Yutaka Izumihara (The Wolverine), Tuwanda Manyimo (The Rover), Juliette Binoche (Clouds of Sils Maria), Michael Pitt (Hannibal), and Pilou Asbæk (Game of Thrones).

Ghost in the Shell will open in U.S. theaters on March 31, 2017.
Late Night Crew #1

Last edited by Felipe; 07-07-2016 at 11:54 PM..
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:30 AM   #2170
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
Honestly I don't really care about the ghost in the shell casting.

I'm bummed about them casting Tilda Swinton or whatever her name is as the ancient one in dr strange. She looks fucking stupid.

Lmao. Exactly. The "ancient one" in any story, movie, media ever has always been an old bald Buddhist looking Asian man. Here they have a bald Caucasian lady. Surprised they didn't just leave hair on her.

As for motoko, maybe Jamie Chung? She's cute and has done fight films before. Popular but nothing near Black Widow status.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:24 PM   #2171
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Onara Gorou lol
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:01 AM   #2172
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Much LOL, whitewashing something that is already about white people

you haven't done enough deep thinking about this. What Famous Japanese-American actress can you name that could have played the role of Motoko? There isn't any, there isn't any that would be a household name here in America.
It would be more insulting to japanese people if they got a random chinese or korean person to pay the role.
Anime is already almost entirely about non-japanese races as it is, how many characters in anime have non-black hair? or non-black eyes? I do admit that motoko is supposed to be japanese, but even then there is a bunch of non-japanese characteristics present (big breasts etc)
Think! What is the target audience? it is obviously not anime nerds, because almost all of us believe American live action remakes are blasphemy. We already know the ending, none of us are gonna watch it.
They need a big name Hollywood chick to draw an completely new audience, (and one that has big breasts to play whatsherface)
They need to make money, not cater to our anime loving feelings.

also the character is a fucking cyborg, does it really freaking matter what race is playing a robot?

I'm not gonna watch it, I just think the whole controversy is retarded.
I have to agree.

If Anime has taught me anything, it's Japanese wish they where white.
Almost every single character has blue/green eyes, huge tites, blonde/red/colored hair etc.

Now for GITS - I personally think Scarlet is a terrible pick. Not because she's white (Motoko is a robot, so her racial background is irrelevant guys) but because she's not that great an actress and not a convincing bad-ass.

A young Kate Beckensale or Olivia Wilde is more on point looks wise. Kate also has that cold-hearted look.

Now a girl that can pull off the utter badasary would be Emily Blunt. Watching Edge of Tomorrow was like FUCKKKKKK. Just do some movie magic for the boobs.

As for Gods of Egypt. "White Washing" had nothing to do with that failure. The entire movie looked stupid as hell. Muslims were not going to see it anyways because it perpetuated pagan beliefs. No American would see it if you dragged up no-name foreign stars.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:08 AM   #2173
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
Lmao. Exactly. The "ancient one" in any story, movie, media ever has always been an old bald Buddhist looking Asian man. Here they have a bald Caucasian lady. Surprised they didn't just leave hair on her.

As for motoko, maybe Jamie Chung? She's cute and has done fight films before. Popular but nothing near Black Widow status.

Not seeing it.

Motoko looks more like a young Joan Jet.

Considering the first manga dropped in 1989... I suspect that has a lot to do with it.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:22 AM   #2174
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Well, I 100% agree with this one. Wholly inaccurate label to slap on such a large group, but a European scientist said it and the world just ran with it...lol
Color is an American concept. We only see Black, White, Mexican and Asian.

They rest of the world is much more specific. Remember the Holocaust? Those where not Blacks or Hispanics the Nazis rounded up and gassed. Yugoslavia? Those where not Arabs being executed.

Same goes for the other regions of the world. Middle East is a blazing shit whole genocide based on race (Egyptian, Persian, Gulf Arab, Pakistani/Indian). Americans see Africans as "blacks", but their are plenty of subtle differences that actual Africans readily see and it divides them into different ethnic groups.

Same goes for Asians, most Americans (Regardless of race) couldn't tell a Han from a Uyghur to a Tibetan, from a Korea, to a Japanese from a Okinawan. We just say "Oh, Asian! They must all get along and love each other and respect one another because they are all the same color!"
Old 07-09-2016, 03:27 AM   #2175
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

Not seeing it.

Considering the first manga dropped in 1989... I suspect that has a lot to do with it.
Just off top of head suggestion, but the hair, bewbs, etc... easily done with makeup, wardrobe etc... Scarlett or not, still watching it.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:09 AM   #2176
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Scarlett or not, still watching it.
+1

Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 08:38 AM   #2177
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Just off top of head suggestion, but the hair, bewbs, etc... easily done with makeup, wardrobe etc... Scarlett or not, still watching it.

It's her acting. She's played plenty of tough/action roles but I've never bought it. She has this mousy-ness about her.

Let's see her get ripped like Emily Blunt or Charlize Theron. Straight savages.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:50 AM   #2178
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Good animes you're watching or have watched?

Quote:
I have to agree.

If Anime has taught me anything, it's Japanese wish they where white.

I can't disagree with your overall posts with the ghost in the shell/actress topic, but this quoted part is purely your (and many westerners/American) perception.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:37 AM   #2179
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
I can't disagree with your overall posts with the ghost in the shell/actress topic, but this quoted part is purely your (and many westerners/American) perception.

Its kinda true though, have you been to japan? A very high percentage of them have dyed hair, even many males. They also wear these shirts with meaningless english phrases on them, its pretty funny.
They have white skin......i think y'all mean they wish they were more western,
They are already pretty western as well, they arent like china

Old 07-09-2016, 10:14 AM   #2180
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Oh you mean like the Kanji on clothing and tats we put on ourselves over here? Lol. I don't think I need to go into detail on why the Japanese, on that scale, do not want to be white. Just think about that for a sec.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:35 AM   #2181
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Oh you mean like the Kanji on clothing and tats we put on ourselves over here? Lol. I don't think I need to go into detail on why the Japanese, on that scale, do not want to be white. Just think about that for a sec.

Well they are already white, so they better start tanning if they want to not be. No one said they want to be american, we said they in a lot of ways want to be western, and admire the west.
They are already westernized to a degree considering the tech we have given them. If they werent westernized, anime and 240"s wouldnt exist, they would still be samurais and shit
Calling someone western is a compliment

Old 07-09-2016, 10:36 AM   #2182
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Well they are already white, so they better start tanning if they want to not be. No one said they want to be american, we said they in a lot of ways want to be western, and admire the west.
They are already westernized to a degree considering the tech we have given them. If they werent westernized, anime and 240"s wouldnt exist, they would still be samurais and shit
Calling someone western is a compliment

Lol. Jokes right?
Old 07-09-2016, 10:45 AM   #2183
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Lol. Jokes right?

You just dont understand western civilization

Old 07-09-2016, 10:48 AM   #2184
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
You just dont understand western civilization

And you don't understand that Corbic said he thinks they want to be white by the way they draw their anime characters. I'm telling him, that's his perception on the matter, his opinion, which is false. Seriously, stop.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:51 AM   #2185
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
I don't get any of this shit. Not gonna waste brain cells over it either. I just want to watch kick ass anime and drive Japanese cars that make whoosh noises.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:53 AM   #2186
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Good animes you're watching or have watched?

Quote:
And you don't understand that Corbic said he thinks they want to be white by the way they draw their anime characters. I'm telling him, that's his perception on the matter, his opinion, which is false. Seriously, stop.

You have yet to give evidence to prove otherwise.
Also i dont think corbic means they literally want to change themselves into western people, he meant that they admire the west and wish to emulate it.
They are still japanese..
I admire prussians and wish to emulate them, but i cant just become prussian.
Corbic speaks of admiration/respect

Old 07-09-2016, 11:34 AM   #2187
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
You have yet to give evidence to prove otherwise.
Also i dont think corbic means they literally want to change themselves into western people, he meant that they admire the west and wish to emulate it.
They are still japanese..
I admire prussians and wish to emulate them, but i cant just become prussian.
Corbic speaks of admiration/respect

You can't sugar coat "they wish they were white."

Now going off just this:
Quote:
Almost every single character has blue/green eyes, huge tites, blonde/red/colored hair etc.
Why do I need evidence for this? They also have eyes of just about every color. Hair color? Also blue, green, purple blah blah. Huge tits? Believe it or not there are Japanese girls with big tatas. Not to mention guys draw these cartoons. They love boobs, why not draw them big. Do you know they are pretty extreme (subjective) in the sexual department? Where are you seeing the "white?" People will look at something and think what they want. Japanese see their anime characters as Japanese, unless obviously named a non-Japanese name. It's a cartoon, they all look off the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
I don't get any of this shit. Not gonna waste brain cells over it either. I just want to watch kick ass anime and drive Japanese cars that make whoosh noises.
Agreed.
Old 07-09-2016, 11:53 AM   #2188
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

Why do I need evidence for this? They also have eyes of just about every color. Hair color? Also blue, green, purple blah blah. Huge tits? Believe it or not there are Japanese girls with big tatas. Not to mention guys draw these cartoons. They love boobs, why not draw them big. Do you know they are pretty extreme (subjective) in the sexual department? Where are you seeing the "white?" People will look at something and think what they want. Japanese see their anime characters as Japanese, unless obviously named a non-Japanese name. It's a cartoon, they all look off the wall.
Even if they think all the characters are japanese, (which we all know they're supposed to be, they have japanese names and the shit occurs in japan), they still often have western characteristics. If not, every character would have black hair and very dark brown eyes.
It's a combination of needing to differentiate between cartoon characters,and western influences.
Cartoons are influenced by the real world, there is no denying that

Sorry we are invading the safe space were you keep your opinions on what japanese people are like

Here, I'll try to get the thread back on track,

Y'all should watch watamote, and the new girls und panzer movie
Old 07-09-2016, 11:57 AM   #2189
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Even if they think all the characters are japanese, (which we all know they're supposed to be, they have japanese names and the shit occurs in japan), they still often have western characteristics. If not, every character would have black hair and very dark brown eyes.
It's a combination of needing to differentiate between cartoon characters,and western influences.
Cartoons are influenced by the real world, there is no denying that

Sorry we are invading the safe space were you keep your opinions on what japanese people are like

Here, I'll try to get the thread back on track,

Y'all should watch watamote, and the new girls und panzer movie
Influence is one thing but "they wish they were white" is another. Stop acting like you think you know corbic. Not that I do, but I go off his post. You insert what you think he said as truth. Not the same. Like I said, Its a cartoon, not every character is going to look exactly like a Japanese person, hence the extravagant colors. Read the post exchanges and tell me who all invested in telling people about their opinion on Japanese people. I'm not alone. You kept poking at this topic, so when it was going off topic, it was largely bc you. I'm done.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:02 PM   #2190
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Influence is one thing but "they wish they were white" is another. Like I said, Its a cartoon, not every character is going to look exactly like a Japanese person. Read the post exchanges and tell me who all invested in telling people about their opinion on Japanese people. I'm not alone. You kept poking at this topic, so when it was going off topic, it was lagely bc you.
My first post was just about how talking about it was gonna be controversial, I didn't give my opinion on the topic, until others had done so.
everyone was starting to lean torward talk about actresses until it was you that also stated your opinion on it, and here we are. You are just as guilty