Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
ashtonroche is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Some FWD Nissan Love..B13 Sentra Big Turbo

Alright before i get any hate on this ill say ive been apart of this forum for a while now and have many buddies with 240's and ive fully built rwd sr20 motors just as much as fwd ones. Ive done s13 sr20 swaps in 240's and you name it, ive probably done it. Anyways here is the setup:

92 Nissan Sentra Se-r

Fully built SR20, all work done by me and noone else.

SR20VE block
SR20DE crank
ACL race rod and main bearings
SR20VE oil pump, pickup tube, spacer and aluminum underdrive pulley.
Eagle Rods
CP pistons 8.5:1X 86.5mm bore
Cosworth 1.1mm headgasket
Golden Eagle Honda B16A vtec head studs
JWT S4 cams
All new gaskets and seals
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Venom 740cc injectors
Calum ecu tuned by me
Z32 fuel filter
RWD tubular t3 topmount manifold rewelded and braced
T3T04 60 trim turbo with the larger .82 turbine housing
Tial 38mm wastegate
Custom made by me 3" downpipe dumping straight down under the car
AEM wideband o2
AEM Truboost boost controller set to 18psi low, 26psi high
Autometer Oil pressure guage
Tial 51mm bov
Z32 maf
3" piping
32X12X4" fmic

Drivetrain

Stock b14 se-r transmission with stock axles
Fidanza 8.8lb flywheel
ACT extreme PP with 6 puck sprung disk

Cooling

Mezier water pump block off and electric water pump
Honda Civic single wide two core aluminum radiator
Flexalite 12" 1250 cfm fan
Custom aluminum crossover pipe

Suspension

Ground control coilovers
GR2 struts
ES bushings all the way around

Weight reduction

No A/C
No P/S
No front or rear bumper support
Nothing in the bay that isnt needed to run the motor
Nothing behind the dash such as all a/c stuff
Nothing behind the front seats
All tar and sound deadning removed
No exhaust or heat sheilds under the car

Car weighs in at 2080 lbs without me in it.

Here is some pics and vids of the car and PS: i daily drive this car every single day in AZ 120 deg summer weather 60 miles round trip to work and so far no problems other than the crappy stock trannies but next week comes a bullet proof P11 LSD trans

Car has gone a best soo far of [email protected] mph on bald slicks with no life on them in 90+ deg heat. Much more to come from this car when it cools down.

YouTube - Nissan Sentra Turbo runs 11.10@ 131.43mph vs mod GSXR 750 bike

YouTube - 700awhp Lancer Evo vs 500whp Nissan Sentra SE-R

YouTube - Turbo Sentra Se-r SR20 vs Mustang

Here is a vid of the car on 18psi street tires.

YouTube - Nissan Sentra Se-r build in action Turbo SR20DET

Enjoy and any comments appreciated.
ashtonroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2009, 11:18 AM   #2
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
That looks really safe in the even of a front end collision. Welcome to awesometown.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
i love SE-Rs. pretty cool.

and i doubt any of us would survive in a serious accident with our cars anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:22 AM   #4
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
thats a pretty sick b13.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:24 AM   #5
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenki.life View Post
i love SE-Rs. pretty cool.

and i doubt any of us would survive in a serious accident with our cars anyways
If I survived I'd at least want to have the full use of what remained of my legs.

If that sentra rear ended someone hard enough, you'd probably have a clutch and flywheel for legs.

Cool car I guess.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:47 PM   #6
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

lol yeah what you talking about there is a huge fmic for a bumper support now, haha.

Thats why you dont follow too closely as well or drive retarded.

Thanks for the comments guys. Ill have to put up a couple pics of some of customers and friends cars that are in the works right now. Ill do that a little bit later.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:07 PM   #7
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
If I survived I'd at least want to have the full use of what remained of my legs.

If that sentra rear ended someone hard enough, you'd probably have a clutch and flywheel for legs.

Cool car I guess.
the beginning of the 6 billion dollar man....

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:28 AM   #8
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

oh come on, you know that would be badass
Old 09-01-2009, 07:40 AM   #9
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Attention mall shoppers, the next twenty people to buy an orange smoothie will also receive a complimentary... Nissan Sentra
Old 09-01-2009, 08:44 AM   #10
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i dont care how much hp you pack into that car, i still think sentras are ugly/pos. but good job.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:41 AM   #11
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
i dont care how much hp you pack into that car, i still think sentras are ugly/pos. but good job.
Actually Austin, B13 Sentra's are bad ass little cars.

They were pretty much the 90's FWD equivalent of the Datsun 510. They handle like bats out of hell and are actually quicker than a 240sx.
Yup, Blasphemy.. I said that!

Its one of the few FWD I would consider owning. Its superior to the G20 as it has IRS rear vs the crap they put in the G20. Too bad, G20's look nicer no doubt. Though in terms of all out fun Sentra SER's are kinda dope.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #12
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Too bad this one is built for "straight line racing".
Old 09-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #13
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
yeah i know they got potential and are popular but just judging by its looks come on! its not gonna pull no girlies lol
Old 09-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #14
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Because he built this car to drop panties right Austin?
Old 09-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #15
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
I hate people who hack up front bumpers.

Modded cars attract men.

Nice oem cars attract women.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:02 PM   #16
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
That turbo is a little close to the radiator no?
Old 09-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #17
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
yeah i know they got potential and are popular but just judging by its looks come on! its not gonna pull no girlies lol
You drive a rattle canned 1990 "sports car"
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #18
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
That turbo is a little close to the radiator no?
Radiator? Who needs one of those? Cooling is so overrated.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #19
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Actually Austin, B13 Sentra's are bad ass little cars.

They were pretty much the 90's FWD equivalent of the Datsun 510. They handle like bats out of hell and are actually quicker than a 240sx.
Yup, Blasphemy.. I said that!

Its one of the few FWD I would consider owning. Its superior to the G20 as it has IRS rear vs the crap they put in the G20. Too bad, G20's look nicer no doubt. Though in terms of all out fun Sentra SER's are kinda dope.
I got my ass handed to me in the canyons back in the day by an SE-R, IN THE TURNS. Though, this was only when my car was SOHC and AUTO. It was a white SE-R.. fucker moved.

Ugly cars though, I'de never want to own one.. but to each his own.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #20
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Sentra SE-R's are really fast. One of the fastest and best handeling front wheel drive cars for it's time. Can't think of anything much better that japan offered either.

About on par with the nx2000.

Now THAT'S an ugly car.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #21
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

with the suspension setup i have it does handle fairly well, i could hold my own in the corners but too much throttle would not be a good thing in the corners. Perhaps a little too much power for actual twisties but with the lag from the big turbo its not that bad at all if i sayed in the 4500-5000 rpm area.

Thanks for the comments guys, Im already happily married so i could care less if the car drops panties, hahaha.

Neways I built if for what it is, i do everything on the car myself and noone touches my car at all as far as working on it. Even stock they will out handle most cars on the road. Dont get me wrong i would love to be rwd just for the fact the aftermarket support for rwd is far above the fwd sr20 crowd. Hell we dont even have someone that makes intake manifolds anymore. And good equal length turbo manifolds your looking at 1200 bucks or more brand new.

Thanks for all the comments guys.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:55 PM   #22
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Whats up ! Ashton! !!

didnt know you were on this forum !!

so that is sentra eric's been talking about ?

looks crazy...
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #23
KrazyS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (28)
KrazyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Not trying to mean, but for that engine having a full rebuild done on it it sure does look like SHIT! Take some time next rebuild and clean/paint the parts, it sure makes things look nicer!
KrazyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:57 PM   #24
!Zar!
Post Whore!

We're bringing it back to 99 style.

It's all about cheating on your wife.

Bill Clinton her without looking back blood.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #25
nismolism
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
nismolism is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
man i was just thinkin of this car earlier....i love the fmic set up a+
nismolism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:01 PM   #26
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
2010 B13 Sentra.

http://www.nissantsuru.com.mx
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #27
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyS13 View Post
Not trying to mean, but for that engine having a full rebuild done on it it sure does look like SHIT! Take some time next rebuild and clean/paint the parts, it sure makes things look nicer!
Actually the bay was repainted it is just really really dusty in the pics. I had a valve cover powdercoated gloss black but the stupid place that did it bead blasted the valve cover and didnt seal it off and i was not about to risk putting it on being the sr valve cover has soo many baffles its basicly impossible to get out all the sand and bead. No thank you.

The valve cover was painted but crappy. The block and everything else is very very spotless and doesnt leak at all. Ill take some better pics later when i give the bay a full detail. I shouldnt have painted it black cuz its soo hard to keep clean. White was soo much better, haha

But i eventually want to paint the body midnight blue so i went with black in the bay.

Again more things to come but im more about performance than looks, so i could care less.

Oh and the comment about the cooling system, Its realistically a bigger capacity radiator than the stock one. The radiator is almost 3" thick with a 1250 cfm flexalite fan. Mezier electric pump with no t-stat. Even in the 120 deg summer days this motor runs very very cool and has not even come close even after punching it several times to 120 mph in a row it has yet to get anywhere near hot. I have yet to see temps over 185 deg.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #28
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
Whats up ! Ashton! !!

didnt know you were on this forum !!

so that is sentra eric's been talking about ?

looks crazy...
yep, this is the one, Yet to be beat by anyone here in this lame town, not even several new 600's and even a modded 750 could not hang, not even close.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:18 PM   #29
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Yeah, they made them in mexico forever.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #30
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonroche View Post
yep, this is the one, Yet to be beat by anyone here in this lame town, not even several new 600's and even a modded 750 could not hang, not even close.
Sounds like bad riders.