Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Urethane Kouki 180sx Lips - GROUP BUY CLOSED.

After much interest from the Kouki 180sx crowd, I've finally come through with a Urethane replica of the highly sought after 180sx lip.

Rather than making another typical fiberglass replica that is prone to cracking on the first driveway you go up, we've decided to make a Urethane replica which will be able to take beatings for years to come.

Several people have already cracked/replaced their fiberglass versions. Not only is this annoying, but you'll end up spending more in the long run having it repaired/repainted/replaced.

Now, pricing.

Price is set at $400/each.

Shipping will be a flat rate of $70 to the lower 48 states.

Some may think this is costly, but finding a real OEM lip is next to impossible and dealing with weak fiberglass that LOVES to chip/crack/break gets old really fast.

Another reason is, we're having these lips made in the good ol' USA. No outsourcing here. Quality control and deadlines are our top priority. We didn't want to have shitty replicas made. So, "you get what you pay for" definitely comes into play.

The urethane will be thick and fitment will be spot on.

This is a Group Buy. So, we need 30 orders filled. Otherwise, we will not be having the lips made.

Seeing as to how a lot of people like to back out at the last minute, we will not be taking deposits.

Full payments need to be received. Otherwise, you will not be added to the list.

Again, 30 orders need to be filled. So, until that number is reached, the lips will not be made. If you're the type of person that wants their parts NOW and hate waiting, this group buy is not for you. This isn't something that will happen overnight. 30 orders will take weeks...even months. Patience is virtue.

ETA is 4-6 weeks for the lips to be completed. After that, they will be boxed up and shipped via Fed Ex.

If 30 orders are completed, another group buy will be set up, but same goes for that. 30 orders will need to be completed(which will nearly be impossible after this one). So, this may be your ONLY chance to have a Urethane version.

For all of you fiberglass guys, this is the perfect time to upgrade to something durable. Already own a real OEM Kouki lip? It doesn't hurt to have an extra. Hell, use the Urethane replica and save your rare OEM lip, which is what I plan on doing.

Payments - Paypal preferred. PM me for this info.

Cash is fine for the local guys, but like I mentioned earlier, you will not be getting a product until 30 orders are completed.

Bold blue = Paid.

1. Treefish
2. Nacho_240

3.AWDtoyota
4.AWDtoyota

People interested:
1. brndck - 2 Lips
2. silviaguy240 - 1 lip
3. I LUV MY S13 - 1 lip
4. 180sxdrifter - 1 lip
5. Touge Monster - 1 lip
6. Satal95 - 1 lip
7. Souljahzs13 1 lip

Here's the fiberglass copy(which was an exact copy of a real OEM lip) that will be used to make the Urethane version.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
damn only a one time thing, dont even have kouki aero yet. but im gonna try to scrape together the cash for this.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #3
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaguy240 View Post
damn only a one time thing, dont even have kouki aero yet. but im gonna try to scrape together the cash for this.
I'll be setting up another group buy after 30 orders come in, but it'll be next to impossible to reach another 30 for that one to go through.

So, this may very well be your only chance.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 02-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaguy240 View Post
same here, i wasnt planning on going kouki for a while, but like crimson said these lips are HARD TO FIND

hmm, give me 6 weeks

-Jorge
Old 02-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #5
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
do they atleast plan on keeping a fiberglass version in production after the group buys?
Old 02-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
do they atleast plan on keeping a fiberglass version in production after the group buys?
Fiberglass version is already in production and readily available with tabs and all. So, you don't have to wait for the other group buy to finish.

But, this isn't the thread for that.

To the refback below (with retarded responses and all), this group buy wasn't set up to maximize profits.

I'm doing this to help out the community.

My profit margins are ridiculously small to the point that it's not even worth doing, but I'm going through with it anyway because money isn't everything to me.

So, if you wish to have a Urethane replica made, find your own sources and let me know how that goes.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 02-05-2010, 01:00 PM   #7
180sxdrifter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
do u need the $400 in full to be in the gb?

Instagram @ikigai.no.jinsei
Old 02-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #8
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 180sxdrifter View Post
do u need the $400 in full to be in the gb?
Yes.

I've dealt with deposits in the past and they're not my cup of tea.

People back out at the last minute and demand their deposits back (even though I specifically stated it was non-refundable).

With payments made in full, it will all go toward having the lips produced.

If 30 orders aren't reached, the lips will not be produced and people will be refunded.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 02-05-2010, 01:37 PM   #9
180sxdrifter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Yes.

I've dealt with deposits in the past and they're not my cup of tea.

People back out at the last minute and demand their deposits back (even though I specifically stated it was non-refundable).

With payments made in full, it will all go toward having the lips produced.

If 30 orders aren't reached, the lips will not be produced and people will be refunded.
i'll put mine as soon i see progress

i'll be the 30th one to close the deal

Instagram @ikigai.no.jinsei
Old 02-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #10
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Quote:

No problem.

I'm already receiving inquiries about this.

So, we'll see how things go.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 02-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #11
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:

same. I have money ready I just dont want it lingering untill I know this is going through
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #12
obsolete
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
obsolete is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_Monster View Post
same. I have money ready I just dont want it lingering untill I know this is going through
lol i could see this won't get very far. if you got the money, then why not start things off? If everyone waits and sees, then the list will remain at zero

Last edited by obsolete; 02-05-2010 at 02:36 PM..
Old 02-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #13
drift_maniac
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
drift_maniac is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yea i dont see why crimsonrockett cant just special order these. i mean 30 people is ALOT to wait for.

just sayin, im not going to buy but yeah been reading through alot on the private sellers review.

but iono im a noob here.

crimsonrockett seems legit with 87 ++ reps.

just my 02. why not just special order per individual. im sure who ever is making and selling this are gonna make money from a person or 30 person.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #14
satal95
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (24)
satal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Definitly in but like the rest I would like to see how many people do sign up before sending $470

I know this isn't the thread but where do we go for the fiberglass version because I would like the lip now lol
Old 02-05-2010, 02:36 PM   #15
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
to anyone questioning johnnys legitness, stfu.
before you even try to say anything, go find a manufacturer and get a few quotes to see how much they charge for setup and production of something for a batch of only 30. most places would laugh your ass right out the door. most places won't even get out of their chair for anything less than an order of a few hundred. i know, i checked into getting s14 jdm aero lips made in urethane and every place i contacted wanted a minimum of 50 x 380 each.

even at 30 x 400 each, do any of you happen to have $12k lying around to front this operation? do you really thing johnny is going to get rich of this?

to johnny: i'm interested, local pickup tho? discount if i buy 2 or more?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #16
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

I'll be ordering one myself.

I do have two real OEM lips(one being brand new), but I wouldn't mind having a urethane replica to use. That way, I can leave my brand new lip alone.

Quote:
before you even try to say anything, go find a manufacturer and get a few quotes to see how much they charge for setup and production of something for a batch of only 30. most places would laugh your ass right out the door. most places won't even get out of their chair for anything less than an order of a few hundred. i know, i checked into getting s14 jdm aero lips made in urethane and every place i contacted wanted a minimum of 50 x 380 each.

even at 30 x 400 each, do any of you happen to have $12k lying around to front this operation? do you really thing johnny is going to get rich of this?

Thank you.

Like I said earlier, my profit margins are extremely small. I am NOT getting rich off of this. I'm doing everything I possibly can to keep cost as low as possible for the general public.

Tyler, local pick up is more than welcome. I'll be personally shipping these out.

Also, if there's someone local to you who also wants a lip, I can do combined shipping.

Again, I'll do whatever it takes to keep cost as low as possible to you guys.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 02-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #17
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
are you making them with the studs that go through the bumper?
Old 02-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #18
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
are you making them with the studs that go through the bumper?
No, because they're actually pretty useless.

They're weak and love to break off with very little force.

OEM lip hugs the bumper very well.

So, bolts at both ends + bolts on the tabs and a strip of double sided tape from the lip to the bumper will be more than enough.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 02-05-2010, 03:21 PM   #19
drift_maniac
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
drift_maniac is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:

i dont think no is doubting him. just that people from what ive read, no one wants to front $470 then its gonna take a few weeks to fill the order of 30 then a few more weeks to even get the product.

no need to get all worked up about it. you got his back, we see that
Old 02-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #20
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
No, because they're actually pretty useless.

They're weak and love to break off with very little force.

OEM lip hugs the bumper very well.

So, bolts at both ends + bolts on the tabs and a strip of double sided tape from the lip to the bumper will be more than enough.
good.

The studs suck.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #21
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
urethane is the way to go..
got a lip for my z32 made from it and it's awesome.
u can bend it all day.
doesn't crack/tear or anything.

awesome.
even better material then oem usdm s14 kouki front lips.
WUT?
Old 02-05-2010, 05:52 PM   #22
Pandapants
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Pandapants is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Pandapants
Is there a deadline you have to get 30 purchases?
Old 02-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #23
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandapants View Post
Is there a deadline you have to get 30 purchases?
No deadline.

Company making them for us is ready whenever we are.

If it seems like we can't reach 30 orders, I will simply call the whole thing off and refund people their money.

Today being the first day, I already have about 9 people interested.

We'll see how things look a week from now.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 02-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #24
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
ok this is set, should have my $400 on march 19th.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:13 AM   #25
Souljahzs13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (66)
Souljahzs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Quote:
No deadline.

Company making them for us is ready whenever we are.

If it seems like we can't reach 30 orders, I will simply call the whole thing off and refund people their money.

Today being the first day, I already have about 9 people interested.

We'll see how things look a week from now.
10 including me, once I see the 9 names up I will send out my money
Old 02-06-2010, 10:16 AM   #26
Nacho_240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (36)
Nacho_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Let's get this thing goin'!

Urethane is definitely that way to go.

All you guys need to start sending payments.

Put me on the list. I sent mine already.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:18 AM   #27
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

List updated.

Two payments have been received.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 02-06-2010, 10:18 AM   #28
Nacho_240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (36)
Nacho_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Do you only want to offer this deal to Zilvians? Have you considered posting on other forums?

Just a thought.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #29
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho_240 View Post
Do you only want to offer this deal to Zilvians? Have you considered posting on other forums?

Just a thought.
I may, but seeing as to how Zilvia is my main forum, I'd rather keep it here.

We'll see.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 02-06-2010, 04:51 PM   #30
AWDtoyota
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
AWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
If I order more than one will shipping be $70 for the two lips? Or double? Can you fit three in a box?
Closed Thread