Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: Which one ??
Manual Boost Controller 18 13.85%
HKS EVC-6 7 5.38%
HKS EVC-5 3 2.31%
HKS EVC-S 7 5.38%
Greddy Profec B-Spec II 35 26.92%
Apex-i AVC-R 23 17.69%
Blitz Dual SBC Spec-R 4 3.08%
Blitz Dual SBC Spec-S 1 0.77%
Blitz SBC i-D III Spec-R 6 4.62%
Blitz SBC i-D III Spec-S 3 2.31%
Blitz SBC i-Color Spec-R 2 1.54%
Blitz SBC i-Color Spec-S 0 0%
AEM Tru Boost 21 16.15%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
What kind of boost controller do you use or want to use ?

Let's see which brand, model people most use or want to use.

I know it is quite large selection, But those are boost controllers that available out there right now.
I personally have Blitz i-D III Spec-R Very easy to use and nice display, and very very stable on boost setting.

FYI, Difference between Spec-R/S for Blitz is Spec-R has Dual Solenoid and Spec-S has Single Solenoid.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2010, 12:32 AM   #2
VIPDRFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
VIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I use the GIZZMO Intelligent Boost Controller (IBC). It's very easy to install. The instructions are simple and straight forward. You adjust the duty cycle, it records the highest boost you reach, then maintains the optimum boost pressure.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:41 AM   #3
K_style
Post Whore!

K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPDRFT View Post
I use the GIZZMO Intelligent Boost Controller (IBC). It's very easy to install. The instructions are simple and straight forward. You adjust the duty cycle, it records the highest boost you reach, then maintains the optimum boost pressure.
Price seems very inexpensive compare to other products...

I am trying to add GIZZMO and ARK Design.. but don't know how to edit Poll list
Old 09-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
avs0730
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
avs0730 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to avs0730
aem very easy to use. i love it
Old 09-07-2010, 07:45 AM   #5
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
greddy profec B here... not the Spec 2 version.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:28 PM   #6
aled
Zilvia Junkie

aled is an unknown quantity at this point
Greddy Profec B-Spec 2 Here.

No complaints.

Setting wastegate gain/boost settings are very easy and straight forward.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #7
K_style
Post Whore!

How much gain do you guys set up to ?? say.... 1~100
Old 09-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
RurouniMidnight
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
RurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Used to have an aem tru boost it worked very well.

I now use a hallman rx pro manual controller because its simple and holds boost perfect no spikes and nothing to setup, i try to simplify what i can.

http://nightparade.wordpress.com/

Join in on instagram @nightparade
Old 09-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #9
K_style
Post Whore!

I guess Blitz EBC is not quite popular ...
Old 09-07-2010, 11:22 PM   #10
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RurouniMidnight View Post
Used to have an aem tru boost it worked very well.

I now use a hallman rx pro manual controller because its simple and holds boost perfect no spikes and nothing to setup, i try to simplify what i can.

How much boost do you run ?
Old 09-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #11
slideslidegnarslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
slideslidegnarslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
avcr hand down
Old 09-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #12
zoomswimmer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
zoomswimmer is making his/her stupidity well-knownzoomswimmer is making his/her stupidity well-knownzoomswimmer is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I love my Tru-Boost.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:32 PM   #13
RurouniMidnight
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
RurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
1 bar with s15 turbo

http://nightparade.wordpress.com/

Join in on instagram @nightparade
Old 09-09-2010, 12:33 PM   #14
aled
Zilvia Junkie

aled is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
11 lbs.
S14 SR Turbo
Old 09-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #15
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RurouniMidnight View Post
1 bar with s15 turbo
Same here.... But sometimes when I am on 5th gear full throttle, I notice boost goes little over 1.0bar.. say 1.04bar ?
I guess I need to mess around with manual mode..

Last edited by K_style; 09-10-2010 at 03:17 AM..
Old 09-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #16
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
the GIZZMO seems pretty cool, however ive always stood by the AVC-R.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:08 PM   #17
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I've been looking at running a 1bar wg actuator and not dealing with all the headaches.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:54 AM   #18
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
I've been looking at running a 1bar wg actuator and not dealing with all the headaches.
Wonder how fast 1.0 bar actuator gives full boost...
since you won't be able to adjust Gain..
Old 09-10-2010, 02:57 AM   #19
510-SR20DET
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
510-SR20DET is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I had Greddy Profec B-Spec II before. I brought it to BlackTrax in norcal to have it tune to 20 psi. They could not get it pass 14 psi. They told me Greddy Profec B-Spec II is garbage and i ended up with manual boost controller.
Then later i have the car tune again with Frank at garage Boso. He threw away the manual boost controller and told me to go with HKS EVC.
So i am looking for a HKS EVC.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:16 AM   #20
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510-SR20DET View Post
I had Greddy Profec B-Spec II before. I brought it to BlackTrax in norcal to have it tune to 20 psi. They could not get it pass 14 psi. They told me Greddy Profec B-Spec II is garbage and i ended up with manual boost controller.
Then later i have the car tune again with Frank at garage Boso. He threw away the manual boost controller and told me to go with HKS EVC.
So i am looking for a HKS EVC.

HAHA Frank does not like MBC... he told me same thing..
I am also looking for EVC 6 right now... Gotta try that thing..

I disagree about Greddy Profec B-spec II is garbage.... whoever told you that...
Old 09-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #21
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I plan on putting on an hks evc 6 although they have the lite version which does essentially the same thing but doesn't have the nice display that doubles as a boost gauge like the 6. It's 300 dollars cheaper for those who don't want to blow 600 dollars on a boost controller.

Here is one in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2rnBL5P1m0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA6haunzbJw
in action, last I read before their rebuild the exceed moat car is pushing close to 550whp in the video.

whats in the box the EVC-S model (300 dollar cheaper model)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBYZetZ0CVs
Old 09-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #22
K_style
Post Whore!

Yes I have made vote list for EVC-S as well... highly recommended for those who do not want to spend extra $300 for display and some other features... but after having display on my Blitz, I dont think I could have EVC-S... LOL

1 more month of ramen eating and get EVC-6
Old 09-11-2010, 06:11 AM   #23
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Wonder how fast 1.0 bar actuator gives full boost...
since you won't be able to adjust Gain..
Uh, what?
Old 09-11-2010, 06:31 AM   #24
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Blitz SBC I-D III Spec R buying my third one now. Sold the first with the car, second and third are for different cars. Pricey but works great.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:55 AM   #25
s15specR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
s15specR is making a name for him/her selfs15specR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
very true, had the profec prior and had all sorts of problems.

Quote:
Let's see which brand, model people most use or want to use.

I know it is quite large selection, But those are boost controllers that available out there right now.
I personally have Blitz i-D III Spec-R Very easy to use and nice display, and very very stable on boost setting.

FYI, Difference between Spec-R/S for Blitz is Spec-R has Dual Solenoid and Spec-S has Single Solenoid.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:21 PM   #26
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Uh, what?

... Am I lost ????
Old 09-12-2010, 08:26 PM   #27
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
badbob2121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
greedy profec b spec 2 ftmfw - had it on all of the cars ive owned, never ever had any complaints or problems

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM = BOBBY_LS13
Old 09-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #28
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob2121 View Post
greedy profec b spec 2 ftmfw - had it on all of the cars ive owned, never ever had any complaints or problems
How much boost are you running ?
Old 09-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #29
jmac636
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
jmac636 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I went from a Hallman remote mount to an HKS evc 5 and all I can say is wow. The hallman was only good for an extra 4 psi or so. HKS makes great boost controllers. Its constistant and holds the boost perfectly. I love having 2 settings at the touch of a button.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #30
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
badbob2121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
How much boost are you running ?

on my sr20det - 11psi

on my old evo viii - 26psi ( ran that boost with that boost controller for 3+ years )

never had any problems.....ever

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM = BOBBY_LS13
Closed Thread