Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #1
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The Last of Us.

THANK YOU FUCKING NAUGHTY DOG. SILVIA 180SX GTR, THANK YOU!

I'm just battled my way through what has to be one of the greatest games ever. Surreal graphic, intense story, deep fucking character development, and the perfect blend of puzzles, action and cut scenes.

It was challenging but not frustrating and the finished product was extremely well polished. No clipping, no crashing, no stupid bugs.

The story is intense, it makes you want to just keep going... and unlike those fuck faces at 2K Games and Bioware who can't figure the fuck out how to end a god damn game....

Holly RB26 the ending for "The Last of Us" was fucking amazing. It was perfect. I'm seriously writing them a letter thanking them for not fucking everything up.

Most satisfying game ever.

Book of Ely, The Road, Mad Max, Contagion, The Walking Dead, 28 Days Latter, MD Giest, and Children of Men all rolled into one epic saga.

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I'm pretty sure we already had a thread about this. Actually, we were talking about it too in the PS4 thread. Finished this game last week and definitely one of the best game I've played. Definitely a must have for any console, not just the PS3.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
so this was better than the walking dead game(minus that damn pointer).
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #4
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Been following the walkthroughs on YouTube. Pretty epic so far.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Definitely a must have for any console, not just the PS3.
Except it is only available on the ps3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.

Last edited by FRpilot; 07-01-2013 at 11:58 PM..
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #6
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I'm playing through it right now (NO SPOILERS!)

I can't even begin to imagine how good Naughty Dog games will look on PS4.

tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #7
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Looks pretty badass...I think I need to pick up a copy.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #8
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Book of Ely, The Road, Mad Max, Contagion, The Walking Dead, 28 Days Latter, MD Giest, and Children of Men all rolled into one epic saga.
Geezus... That is some high praise right there. Thanks for the post.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
It's that good. Go rent it. You can knock it out in 12-14 hours on normal if you are a "good" gamer. Extremely satisfying. I'm still reeling from it. I may have to buy it and try out multiplayer.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #10
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I'm pretty sure we already had a thread about this. Actually, we were talking about it too in the PS4 thread. Finished this game last week and definitely one of the best game I've played. Definitely a must have for any console, not just the PS3.
Searched, nothing came up. This game deserves it's own thread and not a sidebar in another one.

Last game that got me this pumped was Red Dead Redemption, and that was only because it seemingly would never end.

Game featured music by Gustavo Santaolalla, which totally rocked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUYjN1r-Fp8&fs=1" width="644" height="390">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUYjN1r-Fp8&fs=1" />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUYjN1r-Fp8">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUYjN1r-Fp8
Old 07-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #11
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
^^

Here ya go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUYjN1r-Fp8

I'm currently playing with the Pulse headphones, and I have to say that the sound effects, and musical score is incredible!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #12
a fuzzychnchila
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (14)
a fuzzychnchila is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
One of the best games ive ever played! Voice acting, graphics, game play, sound track, character development all top notch... Multiplayer can be fun if you and your team mates communicate >_<
a fuzzychnchila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #13
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
From reading all you guys rave about this game in two threads I'm trying to pick up a ps3 and play this game. I been watching it since it was announced with much anticipation.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #14
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
I was watching a video made by Naughty Dog and they believe in great story telling before anything else. You can make a game look like you're watching a movie but without a great story, its just a mediocare game. They've been doing this since Uncharted, Uncharted 2 has a great story and that game was fucking epic. Uncharted 3 was great too but the story wasnt as great as 2 and not as long game play wise. If you have not played Uncharted, you should jump on 2 and 3.

Oh yah, I fucking hated this stage...since its your first run in with a group of runners and a clicker.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #15
Homeboyx
Zilvia Member

Homeboyx is an unknown quantity at this point
Jesus.. looks like I have to hop on a ps3 again..
Homeboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:12 AM   #16
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Been following the walkthroughs on YouTube. Pretty epic so far.
Same here a couple weeks ago. Even just watching it was better than most television shows, let alone a game.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:07 AM   #17
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
It's completely warranted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
This game deserves it's own thread and not a sidebar in another one.
Agreed. I thought about making a thread a while back but I already brought it up in the PS4 thread and then we were all just talking about it in there. But it should have it's own thread considering this is, IMO, possibly the best game ever made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
From reading all you guys rave about this game in two threads I'm trying to pick up a ps3 and play this game. I been watching it since it was announced with much anticipation.
THIS game is a reason to buy a PS3.

I honestly can't praise this game enough. i love the mixture of humans vs infected too as far as game play. Just when you may start getting fatigued fighting the infected the story takes you in another direction and you're at the edge of your seat again. That's good direction right there.

I'm only half way though even though I got it on the first day. I only get a couple hours a week to play it though. I had a really hard time the first time you come across the group of infected. Took me forever to figure it out, but then i got the hang of it. Patience is really your friend in this game, but in a way that doesn't frustrate the hell out of you.

I'd give this game a 27 out of 10.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #18
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

I just like hearing Ellie cuss like a sailor...

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #19
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I just like hearing Ellie cuss like a sailor...
She's a keeper. I too would murder and torture countless badies to keep her safe.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #20
Cheesy Doriftos
Zilvia Member

Cheesy Doriftos is an unknown quantity at this point
imo top 10 one of best game i've ever played and best video game of this generation.

everything is outstanding.

the feeling of going through someones deserted home and seeing bits and pieces of their life before the infection like family photos or a baby's room is eerie and a feeling i have yet to have in a video game.

the human enemy ai is outstanding (never has a game made a room with only 2 or 3 enemies SO intense lol). the sound design is amazing. the random conversations between ellie and joel are well done and to see their relationship grow throughout the entire game was just brilliant. the game definitely deserves the hype.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #21
Homer_Simpson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Homer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Anything similar to this for PC?
Homer_Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #22
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
IMO the human AI is lacking. If they see Ellie or any of the other NPC's it doesn't trigger their awareness. So many times I've seen Ellie run in front of an enemy and nothing happens. And once they do become aware sometimes they just stand there... If you stealth choke out one of their friend's and the dead body is laying right there, they will continue to patrol the area like seeing their dead friend isn't a warning sign.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #23
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
IMO the human AI is lacking. If they see Ellie or any of the other NPC's it doesn't trigger their awareness. So many times I've seen Ellie run in front of an enemy and nothing happens. And once they do become aware sometimes they just stand there... If you stealth choke out one of their friend's and the dead body is laying right there, they will continue to patrol the area like seeing their dead friend isn't a warning sign.
I didn't get a chance to try myself but I recall someone mentioning that this is corrected on higher difficulties. They become more "sensitive".

I was also pleased that Ellie didn't set them of as that would have moved the game from "enjoyably challenging" to "annoyingly frustrating".

Just like how the game could have more been "real" had the enemy been able to shoot Ellie.

Joel: *about to stealh shiv hunter*

Hunter: a damn girl! *head shot*

PS3: Reload

Joel: *about to choke hunter*

Joel: *about to shoot hunter*

Joel: *about to stealh shiv hunter*

Player: Breaks Disc.

The AI are also great because they do respond to you. If you are fist fighting hunters, they get bold and surround you. If you are shooting them, they duck for cover. If you try to bunker down they try and flush you out and flank you.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #24
Corbic
Post Whore!

Also, unlike Bioshock, GOW, ME, or even COD...

The amount of satisfaction from killing the sick fucks in that game is unreal.

You cant tell me after some of the shit they did to Joel, Ellie and other NPCs, it didn't fulfill a sense of primal vengeance to bash their heads in with a machete or execute their pathetic pleading sorry asses.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #25
20thbryce
Zilvia Member

20thbryce is an unknown quantity at this point
I spent 2 days playing non stop and beat it, made the girlfriend Bring me food and watch. Best game I've played so far... Awesome story line and never ending surprises ;p
20thbryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #26
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
didn't want to read this thread as I am still playing and don't want spoilers lol

For me, the beginning was slow, but it starts to get better. A proper zombie game imo.

At first, i thought the graphics where bad, but that is only because i tend to play mostly pc games which have better specs than ps3, but i got used to the graphics and it doesn't bother me that much, no fault to the game, ps3 is just aging.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #27
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
w0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to w0nderbr3ad
I don't have a ps3 to play on so I watched pewdiepie play it on youtube. I know there are some areas where I know I would have been lost and some areas that would flood my pants with brown stains. Definitely an awesome story.
w0nderbr3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #28
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I am trying to borrow a PS3.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #29
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
This is one of those games that you do not even have to bother playing. You can get the full effect from watching a walkthrough on Youtube.

Hopefully this game's reception will make more developers realize how important atmosphere and an immersing storyline can be to a game, instead of just focusing on mindless instant gratification, which seems to be the direction the gaming industry has been going in.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #30
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
This is one of those games that you do not even have to bother playing. You can get the full effect from watching a walkthrough on Youtube.

Hopefully this game's reception will make more developers realize how important atmosphere and an immersing storyline can be to a game, instead of just focusing on mindless instant gratification, which seems to be the direction the gaming industry has been going in.
AND GRAPHIX DON'T FORGET ABOUT GRAPHIX

fml
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote