Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2018, 05:57 PM   #1
mattrobertsxn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
mattrobertsxn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Please help starter wiring (relocated battery)

Before i start, YES i have done research, ive been trying to fix this for hours on hours and now i have to uber to work bc my cars not starting im NOT being lazy, so please, save yourself some time and dont bother to give me shit, and instead please i beg you guys, help me figure this shit out.

I just finished rebuilding motor and starting putting everything back in, and have wired the battery from the trunk to the fuse box and directly to the starter. Im shit with wiring, dont know how everything works just base knowledge (pos,neg, how a circuit works), anyways, my starter has been spinning but not engaging the flywheel and im thinking its my wiring... Just bought a new starter because it was clicking and not starting, but now its doing this, heres all the pictures i can provide.

Hopefully my problem is that red plug i only have (1/2) plugged into it, because im not sure what the other one looks like or where it comes from, so if you know, please let me know.

On videos i have watched, this cable below looks exactly like all of the ones that were used as a power source, but mine is too small and doesnt fit around the power bolt, but fits perfect for the alternator, so i believe that it is for the alternator.

vvvvvv

My rpms show the starter spinning, i can hear it, its not turning the car over however. And as far as i know, theres not a special alignment it needs to be in considering it really only goes in one way.

Text me if you really trynna help a mans out and ill send vids and shit. I need my car back asap
949-351-2025

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattrobertsxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links