Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Private Sellers

Private Sellers Provide your experiences with individuals here. No flaming, accusations, or complaints! Be fair and objective. Make it info you'd like to see before you make a purchase.

Old 07-18-2005, 12:56 PM   #1
KOUKI KA-T
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
KOUKI KA-T is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
R240NA / projectRDM

Russ, the random-parts-guy.
Hates paypal.
Shipped me O2 sensor and had me pay him once I made sure it worked.
Awesome seller.

Last edited by Jeff240sx; 07-19-2005 at 12:36 AM..
KOUKI KA-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2005, 11:56 PM   #2
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Sold me a HKS 3" Downpipe, front driveshaft section for my 5-speed swap, brake booster and a couple other things, answers random tech questions when you call him at 1am... I give Russ pure shit, but he is a good dude, and I am not ONLY saying that because he knows where I live.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:05 AM   #3
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
RUSS = A+ Seller! Will do business again!
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 02:49 PM   #4
nsany(atl)
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
nsany(atl) is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I would give a A+++ also, he is a wiring god. Not to mention he has one of every part ever made for a S13 or S14, if not he can get it.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:36 AM   #5
dct223
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dct223
A+, +1

gracias for the parts!
Old 07-25-2005, 05:15 PM   #6
rps13_fastback
Zilvia Addict

rps13_fastback can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to rps13_fastback
Russ is a little rude but he sent my stuff promptly and everything was there.
rps13_fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:08 AM   #7
nsany(atl)
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
nsany(atl) is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rps13_fastback
Russ is a little rude but he sent my stuff promptly and everything was there.
everyone would be a little jaded too if everyday you had people asking you "will a LCA from a '95 work on a '96" or " will a S14 dash fit in my S13, oh and I'm a 15 yo and will buy a super drift car when im 17" and other dumb crap like that. Do a search, use your noodle

rps13, not knocking you just stating why I would be an Angry Russ.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:18 PM   #8
evilimport
Zilvia Addict

evilimport is an unknown quantity at this point
He's a good seller...I'll not hesitate to buy from him again.

S14 Zenki face owns all.
evilimport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 09:00 PM   #9
Grandpa
Zilvia Member

Grandpa is an unknown quantity at this point
I just did business with this fine gentleman. He even dropped the parts off at my house and only hit on my fiance twice! I plan to name my first born son after him.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 06:15 PM   #10
96twofourty
Zilvia Junkie

96twofourty is an unknown quantity at this point
I just bought a n62 maf from him and he sent me a n60 maf. N60 IS NOT A 300ZX MAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
96twofourty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 08:03 PM   #11
statik
Zilvia FREAK!

statik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to statik Send a message via MSN to statik
R240NA knows his shit, perhaps he made a mistake, did you try contacting him?
Old 08-30-2005, 06:50 AM   #12
driftracer
Premium Member

driftracer is making a name for him/her selfdriftracer is making a name for him/her selfdriftracer is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to driftracer Send a message via MSN to driftracer
Russ is a good seller. Should the opportunity arise again, I will do business with him.
driftracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 11:29 PM   #13
n2n2i

n2n2i is an unknown quantity at this point
Russ is one of the nicest and most honest people I've met, bought many of times from him and he's saved me quite a few times.
n2n2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 01:31 PM   #14
96twofourty
Zilvia Junkie

96twofourty is an unknown quantity at this point
well he refunded my money when I sent it back so thats cool
96twofourty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 07:02 PM   #15
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Russ is a gangsta. +1 for my driveshaft like 6 months ago
NemeGuero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:30 AM   #16
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Russ, +1

Gave me super deal on some used parts.

Best personal transaction thus far. Packed like a pro, arrived perfect.

Highly recommend!

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:52 PM   #17
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96twofourty
I just bought a n62 maf from him and he sent me a n60 maf. N60 IS NOT A 300ZX MAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In my defense I'd like to reply to this. First off, I didn't even know this forum existed. Good idea.

The MAF in question was in fact an N60, belonging to my business partner. I sold it for him. True, I did not verify what model it was, but either unit will work fine for the same application. I try to never allow paypal transactions to avoid issue, but the buyer above was persistant so I let it go through my business partner's account (I don't have one), who does not generally use it for private sales. So from then on, the entire discussion was out of my hands as I did not know a complaint was made until later, as he runs another more involved business and does not have the time to deal with things like this, so I was out of the loop. From my understanding, the buyer was rude and demanding, and refused to send the item back until a full refund was made. Anyone in this position would have declined because the item is already in hand, there would have been no gaurantee that the buyer would have returned it, especially based on his offensive actions towards the error. By the time I was made aware, it had already escalated into a pissing match. Again, out of my hands, so I suggested to refund the money and hope the buyer was good enough to return the MAF. In the end I believe he did.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 07:22 PM   #18
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Bought S14 control arms from Russ.

No complaints at all. Easy to deal with, arms were exactly as he said. I'd do business with him again in a heartbeat.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:01 PM   #19
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
r240na = no

Well, I'd like to say the same as everyone else but it seems I have had a different experience. I paid for a knuckle, bearing, and lower control arm via paypal on 12/28/05. He said package would be sent out as soon as funds were confirmed. No response. I send another email, and 2 days later he responds saying the packages were sent out. Nothing else. I reply thanking him and ask for some shipping info. 3 days later, no reply, so I send another email. Once again, no reply, so I PM him asking for shipping info and he says, "it's in the mail, and i don't use UPS".

It's been a week since payment and I haven't gotten the parts yet. I understand that it's holiday season and shipping might be a little slow this time of the year, but that's why I never rudely demanded my package or what not. I very politely asked for shipping info just so that I could have peace of mind knowing my product was on it's way over to me.

I just think this poor lack of communication is not acceptable, even for a low scale private seller.

Last edited by 94cc0rd; 01-11-2006 at 02:39 PM..
94cc0rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:55 AM   #20
240Driver39
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
240Driver39 is making a name for him/her self240Driver39 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240Driver39
hesitant to do business again

i am gonna go ahead and edit what i had here. Today my maf finally arrived. Few reasons why i would resist from buying again. I was told this was shipped out during the time period jan 2nd-jan 6th, but was never given an actual date. It was actually shipped out the 9th as the box stated. This was disappointing as a main reason i went with russ was his history of fast and accurate shipping and i was told it could be sent out immediately. Other gripe would be the lack of communication. Yes i have the part, but it took much longer to arrive then was told it would, so that was a bit of an inconvenience and i had to order from another source while i was waiting cause i was unsure of when the package would even arrive.

Maf was packaged very well and i appreciate that, and it worked fine upon being installed in the car. If the situation wasnt a rushed one, and there was better communication, i would maybe do business again with russ.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:08 PM   #21
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
Hey 240Driver39, I'm glad you got your package but I STILL HAVEN'T...

So far, since his last reply, I've Emailed him twice, and PMed him twice, and posted in the threads that he has been posting in all day today and yesterday. I sent out emails and PMs this whole weekend and still no reply. He said I would have the package by Wednesday of last week and almost a week later, I still don't have it.

WTF is going on?!?!?!

Can somebody who knows this guy in person PLEASE help me out?!?!?

**edit**

So He finally responded to my PM... and to put his message short, he basically told me to F*** off. He said not to blame him because I didn't get my package yet. He also said that he rarely checks his PM box, which I find to be a complete lie, because everytime he tries to make a sale, he tells the person to PM him.

I urge anybody reading this not to do business with this seller. His communication is poor, his attitude sucks, and he tells customers to get off his ass when they don't get what they paid for.

Last edited by 94cc0rd; 01-17-2006 at 05:47 PM..
94cc0rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:44 PM   #22
gonzoes14k
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
gonzoes14k is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gonzoes14k Send a message via Yahoo to gonzoes14k
Russ= The man to buy from when you need soemthing. Plus he knows what he is selling. Will always buy again.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:31 AM   #23
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
i bought more from russ
had a snafu w/ him on the address for my zenki heads but w/ the track number ups was no problem
got a ilght switch still havent paid him for it, sorry going out w/ this transactino already

yeah cool guy. knows his shit too.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:40 AM   #24
Scott5586
Leaky Injector

Scott5586 is an unknown quantity at this point
im glad most of you guys are gettin your things from him, but i bought a s13 black dash from him before the hurricane katrina happened down here. i talked to him after the hurricane and he told me to let him know when i get home so he could send it out. well i contacted him when i got home and he said that he was sending it out the next morning. and that was the last time i have heard from him. i have bought other things from him before and it was always a good experience but this is just ridiculous. i know im just f****d out of my money but i wanted to share my experience so ppl will think twice before sending him their money
ssautochrome dual-tip catback
sr swap coming janurary 06
Scott5586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:42 PM   #25
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
good man, never bought anything from him but I have known him for awhile and he has helped me with tech questions.... A+++ I recommend him to anyone.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 02:46 PM   #26
Terminus2k
Zilvia Member

Terminus2k is making a name for him/her selfTerminus2k is making a name for him/her selfTerminus2k is making a name for him/her self
russ is a great guy. I have known him for a while, and in fact ive bought two s14s that he has helped work on. If you deal with as many people asking dumb questions, and shipping out nic-nacks like he does, you can only assume that there will be an error everyonce in a while. Great guy overall
Terminus2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:21 PM   #27
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
got the glove box frame today shipped it out and perfect
send him the money too already. russ===AOK in my book!!
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:41 PM   #28
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Just bought a lower dash panel for an S13 from Russ. He shipped it out even before I sent him the payment.

He sent me an email telling me exactly when he was going to mail it out and everything.

Definitely would buy from him again!
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 03:11 PM   #29
Siizzzoooo
Zilvia FREAK!

Siizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really nice
Russ A+++++++++++++ in my book, sends me random stuff I need every now and then...

lol i guess its him paying me back for giving him a free motor and tranny, and Z wheels
Old 01-25-2006, 04:06 PM   #30
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Perfect seller.
GOt my parts today.