Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-08-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
Anto
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Anto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Bomb wiper blades, FOR THOSE THAT ACCEPT NO LESS.

Bosch is running a promo on their new wiper blades, All season Evolution wiper blades. They are the newest bracketless design, and it looks super nice. Buy one get one free with mail in rebate.

Parts stores usually run specials on wiper blades similar to these, like the Bosch Icon & more. The better part about the Bosch ones are that they integrate a cover on the portion that attaches to your wiper blade, allowing a cleaner look.
I have a set of these on my car and they are SO nice. One swipe and all the water is off the windshield. I remember replacing them initially on the 240 and visibility went WAY up during rain. Even during summer, a few passes with these and all the bird poo would be swiped off my window.

S13 runs 20" for driver & passenger side, but I've found you can run 21" and even up to 22" on the driver side for fuller coverage of the window. I personally run 21" on both sides, allows slightly more window coverage.

S14 runs 21" driver, 20" passenger but i'm sure you can run slightly higher than this..

To prep your car for the best performance from the wiper blades, I suggest buying 0000 Steel Wool (ultrafine) and WETscrubbing your windshield with it prior to changing the wiper blades (scrub with water). Also, use distilled or drinking water from those .25 cent machines in your wiper fluid tank. Both have considerably less minerals than tap water, and dries spotless. It's cheap too!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_auto?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=bosch+evolution&x=11&y=30

Around $15 total cost after MIR!

MIR link: http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image.../160855530.pdf

Ends may 30!

Last edited by Anto; 05-08-2008 at 03:51 PM..
Anto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2008, 01:49 PM   #2
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
This was the most in depth wiper blade thread ever.
Sounds like a sales pitch actually

but

I appreciate nice wipers....
Old 05-08-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
ROUGE180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
ROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ROUGE180 Send a message via Yahoo to ROUGE180
I have them on my car now actually and the work great. It's been only 3 weeks so we'll see how they hold up in the coming months. previous to that I had 3 sets or various wipers that just sucked big time. (between 10-13 per unit) Smears, noises and squeeeking!!! Makes my blood crawl.

These so far have been great. NO real noise and sinse there are no pressure points the conform easily to the shape of the window. When I first put them on the passenger side was not touching the window but with a little adjustment it was all good. I think that was due to the arm and not the wiper though.
ROUGE180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #4
EJ253
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
EJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ253 Send a message via MSN to EJ253
i dont use wipers.
i dont have them on either of my cars

DriftUtah | UtahNissans | MySpace | I <3 Drifting. Keep it Real.
Secret Society
EJ253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:04 PM   #5
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Yea, wipers are one of those little things that can make driving a lot better.

Been looking for some decent ones for the new car, seems the more expensive I go, the shittier they work.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #6
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I've got the Michelin ones that are bracketless. It's pretty nice actually.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:22 PM   #7
Kaizen.
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
Kaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Dam, after reading that makes me wanna get some wipers! hahaa

Kaizen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #8
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I use whichever is on sale in store when I go to get blades, I always use either Bosch, Rain-X, or Michelin... Right now, I have the Michelin ones on the car and the Rain-X ones in that box of replacement shit in the corner of my room.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #9
flip3d
Zilvia FREAK!

flip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to flip3d
$20 wiper blade? No thanks.

Rain-X for me.
flip3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:32 PM   #10
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Rain-X wiper fluid additive beats everything.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #11
kenshinS14sks
Zilvia Addict

kenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to behold
hmmmm to get...or not to get
Old 05-08-2008, 02:50 PM   #12
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIFT_*grind* View Post
Rain-X wiper fluid additive beats everything.
That works fine for those who still have the washer shit still installed... I am planning to remove and fill where the nozzles were when the car is painted.
Keeping the windshield freshly rain-x'd goes far though, I do it every couple or few weeks.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:57 PM   #13
s14_legend
Zilvia FREAK!

s14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfection
looks like a pretty good deal...no wonder ive seen so many civic hatches with them on their ride....i like my PIAA ones
Old 05-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #14
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
Get silicone blades and never look back.
Rubber blades, bracketless or not go bad quickly.
My Silblade wipers(with the outdated brackets) lasted years(in dry socal summers) and still worked like new.

$10-$15 each on amazon
kouki_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:10 PM   #15
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ive got the rain-x type of these on my DD. They're the fucking cats pajamas.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:19 PM   #16
Anto
Zilvia Addict

Anto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfection
also for those of you who want the ability to drive in rain without your windshield wipers, look into

PPG AQUAPEL

Quote:
...both windshield treatements need speeds above 40 mph to whisk rain away effectively, but that the windshield wipers dramatically reduce the effectiveness of Rain-X over time, whereas the PPG Aquapel side was still effective after 60 days.
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/04/17/r...-grudge-match/
Old 05-08-2008, 03:29 PM   #17
upSLIDEdown
Nissanaholic!

Location: VA.. And for those that keep PMing me asking what kit I have, it's Origin Stream.
upSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anto View Post
To prep your car for the best performance from the wiper blades, I suggest buying 0000 Steel Wool (ultrafine) and scrubbing your windshield with it prior to changing the wiper blades.
Can you elaborate on this? I need to do that, my windshield is in rough shape. Do you use anything with the steel wool? Water, Vinegar, Cleaner, anything?

Thanks!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #18
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
i bought rain-x for my shitbeater winter car, it fucken blows. It lasted ONE MONTH... GAY GAY GAY

I have two year old wipers (low profile flat ones no idea what brand frm canadian tire) they lasted a year or less but I need to replace them.

I was thinking about piaa silicone ones... but i dunno... now seeing these im tempted... 15 bux for one and free one in return... why not... how do they compare to piaa silicone ones they are 20 each...

lol at some of the comments +1 rep to u guys
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #19
upSLIDEdown
Nissanaholic!

Location: VA.. And for those that keep PMing me asking what kit I have, it's Origin Stream.
upSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
I was thinking about piaa silicone ones... but i dunno... now seeing these im tempted... 15 bux for one and free one in return... why not... how do they compare to piaa silicone ones they are 20 each...
I've been thinking about those too. I'm definitely gonna buy silicone next time. Hey, if it's good enough for titties, it's good enough for me!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #20
Anto
Zilvia Addict

You use water with the steel wool, 0000 is ultrafine & is meant to polish out things. The equivalent is using claybar, but since it's glass claybar isn't necessary.
0000 won't scratch, just use water with it (drinking preferably).

Quote:
Originally Posted by upSLIDEdown View Post
Can you elaborate on this? I need to do that, my windshield is in rough shape. Do you use anything with the steel wool? Water, Vinegar, Cleaner, anything?

Thanks!
Old 05-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #21
upSLIDEdown
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anto View Post
You use water with the steel wool, 0000 is ultrafine & is meant to polish out things. The equivalent is using claybar, but since it's glass claybar isn't necessary.
0000 won't scratch, just use water with it (drinking preferably).
I just read on a link i found on google to do it dry... *shrugs* Probably doesn't matter much. Other people said they used different cleaners with it, or water. I think one even said they used car wax with it.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #22
flip3d
Zilvia FREAK!

flip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to flip3d
Turtle Wax your windshield. No lie, it works better than anything out there. Just never ever ever ever use your wipers because it will smear.
flip3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #23
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yeah I think I waxed all the glass on my car once.

It was hot. All the glass were blang as fuck.

My front windshield has been scratched pretty good though, probably from the fucktard previous owner fag kid that left his wipers on when it wasn't raining anymore for days or something.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:36 PM   #24
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Nice, thanks, I've actually been planning on buying Bosch wiper blades sometime soon.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:43 PM   #25
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
reminds me..the G20 needs new wipers
and rain-x
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:07 PM   #26
BlckBeautyVTEC
Zilvia Addict

BlckBeautyVTEC is just really niceBlckBeautyVTEC is just really niceBlckBeautyVTEC is just really niceBlckBeautyVTEC is just really niceBlckBeautyVTEC is just really niceBlckBeautyVTEC is just really niceBlckBeautyVTEC is just really niceBlckBeautyVTEC is just really niceBlckBeautyVTEC is just really niceBlckBeautyVTEC is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to BlckBeautyVTEC
it only rains like 10 times a year in san diego im fine with the ones i have on held by zipties lol
Old 05-08-2008, 06:44 PM   #27
KingKong8247
Zilvia Junkie

KingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to KingKong8247
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14_legend View Post
i like my PIAA ones
Best wipers out there! My last set lasted over 2 years.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:47 PM   #28
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
^wow that is awesome.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:58 PM   #29
jilo
Zilvia Junkie

jilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of light
theres a trick to making shitty wiper blades work like magic. silicone spray. go buy a can and soak your wiper blades in it. then wipe them off real well and try them out. it basically rain x's your windsheild every time you use them.
piaa does the same thing with their blades, they just call them "silicone infused"
silicone is good for rubber and it soaks in pretty well too.

if you dont beleive me, try it out with an old used set of blades and then try the car out in the rain. ill bet money on the fact that it blows you away.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #30
a_ahmed
BANNED

silicone spray? Can one use that on the dash too to make it shiney ? lol

What is silicone spray (I know I'm mr obvious but never seen it so i dont know)?