Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-23-2006, 04:34 PM   #31
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Okay, after spending 2 months struggling with it I think I have found the best solution for those who plan to run T25 or T28 turbos.

By far the easiest way is to track down the S14 or newer SR water outlet. It will have the tap for you. If you can't find one, there is a vendor called Custom Steels. He manufacturers a spacer you can use on your water outlet. He's generally manufactures stuff for the FWD SR, but he's building me a prototype which theoretically should fit with no problem. His site is here:

http://www.customsteel.com/sr20/html...l_goodies.html

What I did was I got in touch with Harp at Taka Motorsports: http://www.takamotorsports.com

With his help, I was able to piece together a S14 T28 standalone kit. You discard all of your stock hard lines and banjo bolts, and upgrade to these AN fittings. It makes it so much easier to remove the turbo since the AN lines are much more flexible and don't bend and break like the hard lines do.

He also manufactured me a custom cap line to plug up the water return port behind the motor. All you have to do is slip the hose on and cap it, and you never have to deal with it again. The water return line runs to the water outlet which is easily accessible up front by the upper radiator hose.

Although there are other ways to do it, this is by far the easiest solution I've found to this problem, and I was surprised people either don't know this or don't want to share their knowledge. You figure everyone who gets an SR will upgrade their turbo at some point, and everyone will have to deal with the same problems.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2006, 12:38 PM   #32
g6civcx
Post Whore!

g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
After corresponding with them, mynismo.com is now carrying the S14 water outlet:

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=6633

They're an OEM Nissan dealer so it should help.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:10 AM   #33
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Update for those who are interested. I got an ultra trick water outlet spacer from Custom Steel. It has a 90* -6AN fitting to bolt straight onto my Taka Motorsports S14 T28 water return line. It also has a 1/8 NPT outlet for water temperature sender.

I think this is the best solution for those who can't find an S14 water outlet. I'll post pictures after installation. Trial fittings led me to believe that it shouldn't have any problems.

Those interested may contact them on the Web at http://www.customsteel.com/sr20/ or via http://www.sr20forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114

Old 04-12-2006, 11:29 AM   #34
krustindumm
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
krustindumm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can't you just eliminate the cooling lines? Generally they are not needed except on engine shutoff, when there is no oil flow.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:14 PM   #35
g6civcx
Post Whore!

You can generally eliminate cooling lines on the stock turbo with no problems. I've been running with no cooling lines for a while now.

But if you upgrade your turbo, you may have to run them if your turbo was designed for coolant. They have smaller oil restrictors.

I know most people just tap the stock water outlet, but you risk breaking a hard to find part. Stupid motor that was never sold in the US!
Old 04-12-2006, 10:21 PM   #36
boosteds13
Zilvia Addict

boosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx
Update for those who are interested. I got an ultra trick water outlet spacer from Custom Steel. It has a 90* -6AN fitting to bolt straight onto my Taka Motorsports S14 T28 water return line. It also has a 1/8 NPT outlet for water temperature sender.

I think this is the best solution for those who can't find an S14 water outlet. I'll post pictures after installation. Trial fittings led me to believe that it shouldn't have any problems.

Those interested may contact them on the Web at http://www.customsteel.com/sr20/ or via http://www.sr20forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114

LOL, this is what I ended up doing with the water lines you sent me

Thanks!

boosteds13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:38 AM   #37
g6civcx
Post Whore!

It's nice that you can prep the motor when it's out like that. Looks very nice.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:05 PM   #38
95zilvia
Nissanaholic!

95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light
Bump, this thread is useful.
95zilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:20 PM   #39
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
back from the dead...."Newb Style"

So basically There is only 1 line I need to replace/get rid of Metal Line?

so total Parts Needed:
http://www.takamotorsports.com/ :
1 taka T25 braided line?($160),.and this should bolt up to the Stock SR Block fitting..runnning to the S14 Water neck right (bolts up to that w/o anything too?)
This is the coolant line correct?
DO I need the Oil Restriction Fitting? If so 2.....or just the 1 for the block?

**is there 1 other hard line I should go ahead and replace?Motor will be out of the car is why I'm asking.

if so..that would mean 2 of the Braided lines and 2 fittings total - Oil & coolant and done.Or just do the 1 coolant return line and thats it?

Need to bring this back...some of the pic's are Dead so I was seeing where everyone is @ now 2 yrs later and th eissue has Been I'm sure address w/ this solution.

Thanks - Gonna be prepping the SR before install soon..told by a fellow member to Def DO THIS.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:33 PM   #40
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
Figured out.ummmkay

Last edited by MrFairlady; 02-24-2008 at 05:32 PM..
MrFairlady is offline   Reply With Quote