Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #1
e30cabrio
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
e30cabrio has a spectacular aura aboute30cabrio has a spectacular aura aboute30cabrio has a spectacular aura aboute30cabrio has a spectacular aura aboute30cabrio has a spectacular aura aboute30cabrio has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Input on Ebay Bride GIAS Seats

First of all, I personally believe that these seats can not be compared to the original Bride seats that are manufactured in Japan.

However, for sake of argument/discussion, I would like see what your guys' thoughts on this are.

If you have any experience with it, first hand or second hand info, please go ahead and state it.

What prompt me to create this thread, was due to this other one, that was posted on a BMW forum:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=973902
Old 04-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #2
BoostedCoupe
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
BoostedCoupe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
They look decent. But i sure they will fade quick and bring soon. They are like all the other ebay brides they are decent for the price but nothing compared to the real ones. for 700 you could buy a real bride.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #3
Jtuned_andy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
Jtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I try not to buy knockoffs if I can help it. Support the industry and buy the real thing so they can continue to provide us with quality products where we don't have to question craftsmanship.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:23 PM   #4
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
have some black bride brix knockoffs for 400 if you want them... clean lol.. actually not mine but a friends. they sit kinda high on the bride brackets that he has for them, really comfy but your head is inches away from the roof of the car depending on how tall you are.

Last edited by WISH ONE; 04-09-2008 at 05:50 PM..
WISH ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:29 PM   #5
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Wait how are they fake? on the provided link he states that the only difference is the shell is frp and not carbon or kevlar
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #6
johngriff
Post Whore!

johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Ok, this is just dumb. Knock off safety equipment is by FAR THE DUMBEST THING I'VE HEARD OF.

Ok, you get brides because you are into the "show" scene. Fine, if you get knockoff's everyone will know, then your show car isn't fly.

You get knock off brides to race on? First of all, if I was tech inspecting your car, I WOULD NOT LET YOU ON THE TRACK. Certified Seats only, or GTFO. Any organization that will let you on the track w/o certified seats is a joke.

So, if you are going to get racing seats, get current certified seats, otherwise they are worthless, additionally they are not worth the savings to justify the injury that might be caused. There are lots of certified seats for far less than brides that will be just as safe/perform the same function. Don't let your desire to be jdm get in the way of bodily harm.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #7
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Oh just read that whole thread on the bimmer forums. Good points johngriff.
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #8
babowc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Knock off as shit.
Same seats being sold on my local forums..

It screams knock off.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #9
benjim

benjim is on a distinguished road
It's funny how on that forum they are trying to justify that it's not fake based on the fact some other company has trade markers the name in another country..

Ack..i guess if the fact that they have the same name legally makes it reall then it must be just as good..

fucking idiots
benjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:08 PM   #10
e30cabrio
Leaky Injector

e30cabrio has a spectacular aura aboute30cabrio has a spectacular aura aboute30cabrio has a spectacular aura aboute30cabrio has a spectacular aura aboute30cabrio has a spectacular aura aboute30cabrio has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjim View Post
It's funny how on that forum they are trying to justify that it's not fake based on the fact some other company has trade markers the name in another country..

Ack..i guess if the fact that they have the same name legally makes it reall then it must be just as good..

fucking idiots
My screen name over there is Don Nguyen, for reference.

I really believe that the original poster of that thread is just trying to sell more seats, to either try and get a deeper discount for himself or even make some money out of it.

However, even certain authentic race/fixed back seats are not FIA certified, but can be legally ran on a track by attaching a back brace to the seat.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:15 PM   #11
johngriff
Post Whore!

johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
However if you don't want to get hassled at the track, you should probably just run an FIA seat. Seats that are not FIA are reclinables (for fanboys) and knockoff's (for fanboys) and OLD OLD Seats.

FIA expires, that way the material/structure is always new and in good shape. Old used seats are not safe either. DON'T CHEAP OUT ON SAFETY GEAR. As Method Man said; "Best protect ya Neck!"
Old 04-07-2008, 08:19 PM   #12
rps13drift
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
rps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
MOMO start! cheap/comfy/and FIA track legal
rps13drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:20 PM   #13
e30cabrio
Leaky Injector

Sparco makes a lot of "street race" seats that aren't FIA approved, and are fixed back, IIRC:

http://sparcousa.com/seats_street.asp
Old 04-07-2008, 08:21 PM   #14
BoostedCoupe
Zilvia FREAK!

BoostedCoupe can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGun View Post
Wait how are they fake? on the provided link he states that the only difference is the shell is frp and not carbon or kevlar
correct me if im wrong but i think bride makes these seats in frp, and kevelar. You can tell they are fake go look on a trusted site for these seats. the price is 1,500+ but yet they are on ebay for 700 shipped. How does that not scream fake?
Old 04-07-2008, 08:23 PM   #15
e30cabrio
Leaky Injector

There is no doubt they are fake, the original poster in that thread even mention that they were Taiwan "Bride", after I questioned him about it.

Nice of him to finally admit to it afterwards, instead of in the original post.

BTW, if anyone has anything they want me to post over there, let me know.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #16
luftrofl
Zilvia Junkie

luftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant future
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30cabrio View Post
First of all, I personally believe that these seats can not be compared to the original Bride seats that are manufactured in Japan.

However, for sake of argument/discussion, I would like see what your guys' thoughts on this are.

If you have any experience with it, first hand or second hand info, please go ahead and state it.

What prompt me to create this thread, was due to this other one, that was posted on a BMW forum:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=973902
I suspect that the general consensus amongst people who enjoy staying alive will be that buying knockoffs like that is a bonehead move
luftrofl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:35 PM   #17
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm sure someone would love to hear about his GB...
Old 04-07-2008, 08:44 PM   #18
e30cabrio
Leaky Injector

[quote=S14DB;1951531]I'm sure someone would love to hear about his GB...

I sent an e-mail to them, to see what they have to say/do.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:51 PM   #19
khilgers
Zilvia Addict

khilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with John. I would not trust my own personal safety for a seat that looks simialr to the original. Bride seats are expensive because they are approved seats that are built to perform. I could have gotten a tenzo R seat, but I saved the extra $ so that I could get my sparco pro 2000. Don't skimp when your life depends on it.
khilgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #20
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Ok
basically the true story here (i talked to a bride JP rep the other day)

the seats are now being outsourced by Tees-USA in China. Tees-USA was the company making and marketing the seats for BRIDE JAPAN. BRIDE JAPAN never trademarked their name, so after a falling out, Tees-USA trademarked BRIDE and moved the factory and production to CHINA, to LOWER costs and MASS PRODUCE.
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #21
e30cabrio
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
Ok

the seats are now being outsourced by Tees-USA in China. Tees-USA was the company making and marketing the seats for BRIDE JAPAN. BRIDE JAPAN never trademarked their name, so after a falling out, Tees-USA trademarked BRIDE and moved the factory and production to CHINA, to LOWER costs and MASS PRODUCE.
This is partially what I wanted to hear as well, someone who may have better/more experience in that particular industry.

My assumptions are only as good as anyone else.

I've seen a lot of companies/manufacturers outsource their products to other countries, only to have it "finished" in Japan, and then branded as Made in Japan, etc.

It's not the first time I have seen a manufacturer go rogue, and try to cut out the middle man, and take the sales themselves or into their own hands.

So is that correct, yokotas? These were always made in China, and outsourced by Japan Bride?
Old 04-07-2008, 09:12 PM   #22
johngriff
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
Ok

Wait whaaaa?

I now laugh at all brides stateside.

Hell, buy a vis seat and save yourself $500.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #23
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
no, they were made in japan i belive up until now
TEES-usa has moved production to a china plant, and making htem super cheap now.

this is straight from a guy at bride, i did copy and paste the wording from another guy on a local forum, becuase he worded it better than me, but the bride rep said the same thing.

BLOX did the same thing to Skunk Racing back a few years ago
Old 04-07-2008, 09:20 PM   #24
e30cabrio
Leaky Injector

So what is the final word on the quality of these then.

So anyone buying any Bride seat from this point on is going to be buying it from one source, and that is from the Chinese manufacturers?

Just looking and comparing it in pictures, the gradient fitment and color looks off between the two seats.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:22 PM   #25
yokotas13
Post Whore!

another guy i deal with sometimes in GA, he has both sitting in his office

says they are both identical
measured the bride sitchting, placement, etc etc etc
says all the materials are the same, braces, metal thickness etc etc are the same

i mean damn
im just glad i have a brix lol
Old 04-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #26
e30cabrio
Leaky Injector

I tried hitting you up on AIM, but I guess I will post here as well.

When you say you are glad to have a Brix, does that mean this is only affecting the Gias or something?

So aside from the fact that they are visually identical, did he have any comments on its over all build quality and testament of usage over time?
Old 04-07-2008, 09:36 PM   #27
johngriff
Post Whore!

e30 you sound pretty desperate to ball on a budget.

Just buy a REAL racing seat.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:40 PM   #28
e30cabrio
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngriff View Post
e30 you sound pretty desperate to ball on a budget.

Just buy a REAL racing seat.
I am not trying to ball or ball on a budget at all. If you really believe that, then you are judging me incorrectly.

However, I do like knowing the exact details, or as close to the exact details as I can get, regardless of what it may be.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #29
johngriff
Post Whore!

Well. Sounds like the new brides are made in china.

yokota/grant can hook you up with real ones though!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:43 PM   #30
e30cabrio
Leaky Injector

Well, if all of the new Brides are made in China, won't that make them the "real" ones now?

Unless you are trying to refer to the older Brides, before production was moved to China?

If that is the case, I think it would be hard to determine that now, considering how similar he said the two are.