View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 08:25 AM   #115
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Haven't seen the movie yet, but as I understood Cap's abilities, the super soldier serum was supposed to keep his body at the peak of human physical conditioning, so he'd be at or slightly above an Olympic athlete's ability at all times.

The latest trailer I saw had him flipping around like Yoda taking down a Quinjet with this bare hands.... I got a little worried at that point, like WTF is all this CG? I'm guessing it didn't detract from the movie too much. I know Chris Evans trained in parkour for the role, I just hope the CG isn't overboard. That ppl can aspire to do the things that Cap does is the best thing about his character to me...

Abilities per: http://marvel.wikia.com/Captain_America_(Steven_Rogers)

here is just the part about his strength:

Peak Human Strength: Rogers' physical strength is enhanced to the very peak of human potential. As a result, he is as physically strong as a human being can be without being classified as superhuman. Captain America had been seen bench pressing 544 kg/1,200 lbs which is consistent with his strength level, as benching is easier than military press lifting. This strength also extends to his legs, enabling him to leap 6mt/20ft out in a single bound and 10ft/3 meters into the air without a running start. He can snap steel handcuffs and chains, and is capable of breaking through wooden walls and steel doors with a single kick
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote