Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-25-2007, 12:46 PM   #1
Behind Horizon
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Behind Horizon will become famous soon enoughBehind Horizon will become famous soon enoughBehind Horizon will become famous soon enoughBehind Horizon will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
[Behind Horizon´s] 200SX S13 Drift Project...

Hello guys,

it is a pleasure to me to watch your great projects which gave me a lot of inspiration so i decided to give you something back. I like you guys over here at this board as some of you are very crazy, just as i am.

I think its now my turn to inspirate you guys with my project and i want to introduce it to you, so enjoy it and write what you are thinking of it.

History:

I bought the car back in May '06 it is an '90 RPS13 200SX ,i bought the car without a engine but with a good transmission and a relative good
overall condition. The previos owner ripped the engine out of the car for other purposes.

On the same day i bought a totally damaged '90 S13 A/T but with an good 30.000 km engine in it which was replaced and completly overhauled by nissan.

After we took the engine out of the damaged car and all the good spare parts we brought the car to the scrapjard, so i had one less SX in my garage.

The project:

The car is build up primary for trackdays (grip driving), especially for drifting and for the nicest and curvyiest streets in Black Forrest (Germany).

Before we took care on the upgrading we first fixed all the damages 16 car years had caused. All rust was removed carefully and other little and big problem zones of the car was fixed.

First i want to say that i want the car to be technically superb and want to save the money for expensive bodykits and rims for the first time.

The engine is a full Stage III setup with some goodies i will concentrate on a very good torque curve and response and not on the peak horsepower.

The important thing for me is to do as much as possible by myself and to be as creative as possible whether then spending a lot of money on expensive Parts.

Actual Part list:

Engine/Transmission/Exhaust:

· Garrett GT28R Turbocharger
· Steel braided hoses for turbo
· CNC Turbo flange
· CA16DE Inlet Cam
· Z32 AFM + Tomei Z32 AFM Plug
· HD Stage 3 Chip
· 444cc GT-R Injectors
· DensoIQ24
· Apexi Air Filter
· Oilcooler Mocal 330mm 16R
· RSPEC Boost Valve
· HKS Style BOV
· Jun Flywheel
· Exedy Paddle Clutch
· Adapterplate for Oiltemp/-press
· SSA Manifold, Turbo ellbow, Downpipe, Catback, Flexpipe all in 3"
· Exhaust insulting wrap
· Walbro Petrol Pump
· SSA RX7 Intercooler with Samcos
· Upgraded watercooler + electric twin aircoolers
· Greddy Oil Catch Tank + K&N
· Nismo Transmission mounts
· Nismo Engine mounts

Suspension/Brakes:

· Apex Performance Coilover Kit, 8 and 6 kg/mm spring rates
· 17"x8,5" +30 CR7 Rims
· Energy Suspension Polyurethan Bushings all round
· Solid CNC Alu Subframe bushings
· 350Z Brake System front + R33 GT-R Brake System rear

Interior:

· Sparco Full Bucket Seats
· Sparco 3-Point Harness
· OMP Corsica & Momo Boss
· Nismo Shift Knob
· Cusco handbrake drift Knob
· Greddy 60mm EGT gauge
· VDO 52mm Watertemp gauge
· VDO 52mm Oiltemp gauge
· VDO 52mm Oilpress gauge
· VDO 52mm Bosst gauge

Exterior:

· Custom Red/Black Paint
· Custom OEM Preface Front Bumper
· Custom OEM Drift Hood
· Custom Front Fenders with Alfa Romeo 156 Side indicators
· Custom Decals (coming soon)
· Painted back number plate holder
· Complete Kouki taillight set

Various:

· Foliatec Super Dark Side Window Tint
· Philips Blue Vision 4000 Bulbs
· V2A Bonnet Holder

Coming in 2007:

· Nismo GT PRO TT 1.5 L.S.D
· Uras NS-01 wheels
· Ichiba 5-Lug Swap
· Full Cage
· Water Alcohol Injection
· Custom Mapping
· Strut braces
· Anti Roll Bars
· Rear Lower Control Arm Bar
· Rear Toe Control Arms
· Rear Traction Rod
· Rear Upper Camber Arm
· Inner and outer tie rods
· Tension rods
· and much, much more

Last edited by Behind Horizon; 01-25-2007 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: optical improvement.
Behind Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2007, 12:48 PM   #2
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
mmmm I just sent some stuff to Berlin.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:51 PM   #3
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
lets see pictures.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:54 PM   #4
big_schaf
Zilvia Member

big_schaf is on a distinguished road
nice list... any picts?
Old 01-25-2007, 01:00 PM   #5
Behind Horizon
Zilvia Member

Behind Horizon will become famous soon enoughBehind Horizon will become famous soon enoughBehind Horizon will become famous soon enoughBehind Horizon will become famous soon enough
First of all the boring part, the parts:

Garret GT28R:

Apexi + Z32 AFM:

Jun Ultralight Flywheel:

Exedy Paddle Clutch good for the lbs of a ~ 500hp engine:

Better Inlet Cam for more mid-range torque:

350Z Brake System: (324x30mm)

Old 01-25-2007, 01:05 PM   #6
Behind Horizon
Zilvia Member

The restauration:

Finished:

Rust removing from arches:

The car was completly sealed from below after all the rust was removed:

Old 01-25-2007, 01:08 PM   #7
Behind Horizon
Zilvia Member

Changing the bushes:

Old 01-25-2007, 01:12 PM   #8
Behind Horizon
Zilvia Member

Top Nismo, bottom OEM

Left OEM, right Nismo

Left OEM, right Nismo

Checking the bearings, they seem to be fine.

Power Coated parts:

Old 01-25-2007, 01:13 PM   #9
Behind Horizon
Zilvia Member

My center console:

Old 01-25-2007, 01:04 PM   #10
uthemofo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
uthemofo is a name known to alluthemofo is a name known to alluthemofo is a name known to alluthemofo is a name known to alluthemofo is a name known to alluthemofo is a name known to alluthemofo is a name known to alluthemofo is a name known to alluthemofo is a name known to alluthemofo is a name known to alluthemofo is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to uthemofo
damn thats some money into that car...i hope to see the project come along....lookin good
Old 01-25-2007, 01:27 PM   #11
Neejay
Post Whore!

Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Wooooooooooooooow.

That's a HELL of a build man. Good job. You must have both a lot of money AND time.

Thumbs up.
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:31 PM   #12
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

Trader Rating: (14)
S13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Nice work. I really like the front bumper.
S13FREEAAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:36 PM   #13
Neejay
Post Whore!

Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Are you going to paint the fenders red? I haven't seen an s13 with the whole top part being black (roof, hood, and light covers). That's cool.

I actually like the front bumper, but mainly because it's functional + stylish. If it were on a semi-stock S13, I probably wouldn't put it on (personally). Good job on that hood too. Before I scrolled up and saw where you cut it yourself, I thought it was aftermarket lol
Old 01-25-2007, 01:49 PM   #14
Behind Horizon
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neejay
Are you going to paint the fenders red? I haven't seen an s13 with the whole top part being black (roof, hood, and light covers). That's cool.

I actually like the front bumper, but mainly because it's functional + stylish. If it were on a semi-stock S13, I probably wouldn't put it on (personally). Good job on that hood too. Before I scrolled up and saw where you cut it yourself, I thought it was aftermarket lol
Originally it was planned this way:

But as the first german drift board opened a month ago i offered the guys to put a huge decal on it for promo reasons. I'll get a custom decal graphic soon which will cover the whole side of the car and it is looking brilliant.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:41 PM   #15
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Very Nice!

Carlos
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:59 PM   #16
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
You almost killed my computer. Great frickin work but I honestly wouldnt expect 500hp. Not with that turbo/injectors. Hurry up and get out there with a camera. I want driving vids.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:05 PM   #17
Behind Horizon
Zilvia Member

CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot
You almost killed my computer. Great frickin work but I honestly wouldnt expect 500hp. Not with that turbo/injectors. Hurry up and get out there with a camera. I want driving vids.
Haha the clutch is good for 500hp i dont meant my engine have 500hp. The clutch is a bit overrated for my engine but there are not many clutches for the CA18DET, so i bought this one.

I dont know how much hp my engine is producing but i guess about ~300 hp, as guys over here in europe have 280-300 hp with much less performance related parts in their CA18DET at Stage III.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:02 PM   #18
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
wow great project man!! btw that front bumpers looks awesome! make sure to keep us updated!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:04 PM   #19
Anto
Zilvia Addict

Anto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfection
Holy shit!

Quite a nice build, from the start to the finish in ONE post!

++
Anto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:08 PM   #20
Behind Horizon
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_240sx
wow great project man!! btw that front bumpers looks awesome! make sure to keep us updated!
I'll keep you guys updated !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anto
Holy shit!

Quite a nice build, from the start to the finish in ONE post!

++
It isn't finished right now, and i hope it wont ever be because this is where it starts to get boring .
Old 01-25-2007, 02:11 PM   #21
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Lots of your pictures are not working now, but from what i've seen, you've built an amazing vehicle.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #22
Behind Horizon
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam
Lots of your pictures are not working now, but from what i've seen, you've built an amazing vehicle.
Thanks, but i think your comp is not working now cause of the heavy amount of pictures, all pics are working fine with my comp.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:20 PM   #23
Neejay
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam
All the pics load up just fine
Old 01-25-2007, 04:41 PM   #24
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Excellent work and attention to detail my friend.

Get a video or some pic's at the track etc soon.

Good choice on Turbcharger as well.

-Steve Kochan

ps. I like the V mount style you did.

Let us know how response is with that turbine/engine/ic setup.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:16 AM   #25
Behind Horizon
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows

Let us know how response is with that turbine/engine/ic setup.
I have nothing to compare as i never drove an stock S13, thats my first S13 and i never drove it with the stock setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samplesurf
did you guys use lead instead of body filler there on the hatch wing mounts, it looks like ya did and i must say that is a lost art no one does it anymore unless its on a street rod and the customer has boat loads of money... good job
Yes we used lead on several parts of the car, some parts of the arches got some lead on them too. I think it is a bit more common to use lead over here in Europe but it is still not very popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prang11
That center concel is the sexiest thing I have seen in a while. What did you use to fill that?
I used a fixed sheet perspex from the back, and filler in the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j20accord00
did you paint the car yourself? looks great!
We did all the mods you saw by ourself in the garage including the paint and we will only do mods in the future which we can do by ourself. (Except custom mapping)

Quote:
Originally Posted by civilized_drifter
wow! what a great build, i wish i had money
Just buying things is what every Kid can do, the complicated part is to get things on the car as you want, and then to get things working as you want.

You need very very good workmanship.

The car was built actually much cheaper then you guys might think as i did only lost money on the parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankist
great stuff, keep up the good work. by the way, what method did you use to remove the old bushings? thanks.
You can see the method we used on the pictures, we used primary a car jacker to remove the bushing.

@ all:

Thanks for your compliments, you will se some drift pics in the middle - end of February.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:55 AM   #26
idiot goes sideways
Leaky Injector

idiot goes sideways is an unknown quantity at this point
servus,
nette teile, du fährst einen s15 lader..... und serien innereien, ohne klugscheißen zu wollen würde ich wenigstens eine MHG und arp studs fahren.... nur so ein vorschlag

mich würde generell interesieren was am motor genau gemacht wurde da ich selbst das gleich auto mit ähnlichen mods fahre
p.s. neid um deine fahrwerksgummis, wollte die schon längst kaufen bin aber ständig pleite

ach ja wie fährt sich der v_mount (ansprechverhalten) mit nen s15 turbo?

ansonsten respekt vor deinem fahrbaren untersatz besonders die lackierung...
NICE

p.s. man hat das gut getan mal wieder deutsch zu posten, falls dich eventuelle rechtschreibvehler stören sollten............too much english in last time

Good driver have the fly`s on the sidewindow.........
i have those on the backwindow
idiot goes sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:10 PM   #27
kickeachverse
Zilvia Member

kickeachverse is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to kickeachverse

I was referring to those signals. Did you sell those ones?
kickeachverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:22 PM   #28
worangejuice
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
worangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
absolutely brilliant,cheers
Old 01-25-2007, 02:32 PM   #29
nassin31spr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
nassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
You might want to think twice about the heat wrap. It often works to well and builds up high heat in the cylinder head and turbo. The end result is a blown hg and turbo.
nassin31spr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:39 PM   #30
Behind Horizon
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nassin31spr
You might want to think twice about the heat wrap. It often works to well and builds up high heat in the cylinder head and turbo. The end result is a blown hg and turbo.
Trust me, the engine bay is far too hot for my taste, there is still heat escaping through the heat wrap, even some of my hoses melted as they was too near at the manifold. I planing to cut some more heat exit holes in the bonnet right above the manifold.