Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-19-2016, 09:11 AM   #12901
SlammedCarsUSA
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
SlammedCarsUSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
I submit to you, your moment of zen.
An updated image of this car. Engine is blown. I know the guy who own's it.

Instagram: SlammedCarsUSA
SlammedCarsUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2016, 09:15 AM   #12902
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedCarsUSA View Post
OOOOOOOOOOOH. OK!!!!
Old 09-19-2016, 09:20 AM   #12903
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedCarsUSA View Post
The hood vents look like foam sound dampening lol
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:43 AM   #12904
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
is that roofing tar?
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:37 PM   #12905
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrftKingIII View Post
Decent paint job. Rattle can tail light tint on Type X tails. Tight.

Lol @ "type x tails".

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:12 PM   #12906
izzy-
Zilvia Member

izzy- is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!! There's a story behind this car. First of all, it doesn't look like this at all any more.

So, this car started off as an automatic with blown KA. I mean, it came from the factory like that. And the automatic was CVT. It didn't even have a floor. The previous owner had lived through a Zombie apocolypse but he had caught a flesh eating virus. Well, the virus ran out of food and just started eating carpet. Not its food of choice, but whatevs. There was rust on every corner. So much rust that the metal didn't even exist. Turns out the car had blown up an orphanage full of photogenic children and British nannies.

So, in conclusion, this car doesn't deserve to be in here.
Id rep you if I could.
izzy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:22 PM   #12907
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5771397123.html

d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:25 PM   #12908
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
^

I sold a complete interior/exterior coupe that was all one color with full suspension and a black top SR including extra wheels for less than that in 2014.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:06 PM   #12909
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self

derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:58 PM   #12910
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
if that's at ebisu or something, they keep cars like that strictly for drifting. Sooooooooo
Old 09-19-2016, 05:21 PM   #12911
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
the 200sx garnish and rear bumper leads me to believe it isn't from japan...
Old 09-19-2016, 06:30 PM   #12912
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
the 200sx garnish and rear bumper leads me to believe it isn't from japan...
But what if the owner keeps it strictly for drifting?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:46 PM   #12913
S30ZG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
S30ZG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Waiting on that rocket bunny kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S30ZG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:35 PM   #12914
shawn1331
Leaky Injector

shawn1331 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
Yeah. That's not the problem.

The problem how it looks. It checks all boxes.

Trailer wheels.
Rising sun.
Bubble flares.
eBay sticker pack.
Shade of baby poop primer.
Big dumb wing that the car doesn't live up to at all.

Nice cage tho I guess :/

Rt.

Saw this car a few times at local events and EVERYONE was saying how ugly it was, and this is in Canada too. Theres just so much shit going on, its all over the map. It's awful.
shawn1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:28 AM   #12915
HaoleBarry

HaoleBarry is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Insurance adjuster here. That is the most common fraud claim for a fire/theft claim and doing so will automatically get you investigated because it's super obvious. Most true car thieves just joy ride or strip the car.

Its like "oh you just so happened to be upside down on that car that mysteriously found up torched in the desert"

Since when do insurance companies know how much you owe? Or care? They pay what the car is worth. Period. That's why these 240s are all salvaged. They're not worth 12k, contrary to the the majority of 19 yo's in here.

Banks have GAP insurance that covers the remainder of the loan usually.

I'm unemployed, your company hiring?

Lol. I swear been in these forums a few weeks and the shit that's said is remarkable.

HaoleBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:31 AM   #12916
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
souljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to souljaseth33
I think this one is down for the count finally.

souljaseth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:51 AM   #12917
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Naw. That'll buff out.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:02 AM   #12918
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaoleBarry View Post
Since when do insurance companies know how much you owe? Or care? They pay what the car is worth. Period. That's why these 240s are all salvaged. They're not worth 12k, contrary to the the majority of 19 yo's in here.

Banks have GAP insurance that covers the remainder of the loan usually.
If you report a theft or fire claim how much you owe becomes important. A lot of theft/fire claims are fraud. People get desperate when they owe a bunch of money on a car they cannot afford.

Example:

Patricia reports her car was stolen. It later is discovered in a ditch on fire. First red flag. As the adjuster investigates he finds that patricia is upside on her loan. Second red flag.

At this point a competent adjuster would start a fraud investigation to ensure the claim is legit. As I stated before most thieves don't torch cars after they steal them. If a car gets stolen and is recovered undamaged, well patricia is in the same situation she was in before. If it is a total loss then her company would pay the value of the car to her loan company possibly freeing her or getting her close to paid off.

This is better to some people versus taking the credit hit of having a car repossessed.

When investigating theft/fire claims you look for common reasons that people try to file false claims. Major mechanical issues like blown engine and transmissions are another.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:21 AM   #12919
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

I wish more than 2 people on here knew how automotive insurance actually works. I guess it's good that nobody knows how to "properly" commit insurance fraud tho. Sooooooooooo win-win?
Old 09-20-2016, 08:53 AM   #12920
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by souljaseth33 View Post

Hahaha holy shit no way. Story? I thought it just went in for work?
Old 09-20-2016, 09:01 AM   #12921
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
I wish more than 2 people on here knew how automotive insurance actually works. I guess it's good that nobody knows how to "properly" commit insurance fraud tho. Sooooooooooo win-win?
lmaoo i would assume strip said stolen vehicle, cut up said vehicle, scrap said vehicle, then call insurance.....
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:27 AM   #12922
HaoleBarry

HaoleBarry is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
If you report a theft or fire claim how much you owe becomes important. A lot of theft/fire claims are fraud. People get desperate when they owe a bunch of money on a car they cannot afford.

Example:

Patricia reports her car was stolen. It later is discovered in a ditch on fire. First red flag. As the adjuster investigates he finds that patricia is upside on her loan. Second red flag.

At this point a competent adjuster would start a fraud investigation to ensure the claim is legit. As I stated before most thieves don't torch cars after they steal them. If a car gets stolen and is recovered undamaged, well patricia is in the same situation she was in before. If it is a total loss then her company would pay the value of the car to her loan company possibly freeing her or getting her close to paid off.

This is better to some people versus taking the credit hit of having a car repossessed.

When investigating theft/fire claims you look for common reasons that people try to file false claims. Major mechanical issues like blown engine and transmissions are another.

Haha I'm glad I didn't have your insurance company handle my claim when when my Nissan Xterra was stolen and dumped into the Colorado River after a night of me drinking and getting my Girl to drive me home. I was upside down about 10k. They asked no questions sent my bank a check for a partial amount and gap kicked the rest in the ass.

I'm now in Hawaii.... Scares the hell out of me on the rate 240s are jacked here. This is something that I feel is worth more than 4- 5k

HaoleBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:40 AM   #12923
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by souljaseth33 View Post

OK, for fucks sake, SOMEONE has to know the real story behind this thing...
Old 09-20-2016, 11:21 AM   #12924
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Haha I'm glad I didn't have your insurance company handle my claim when when my Nissan Xterra was stolen and dumped into the Colorado River after a night of me drinking and getting my Girl to drive me home. I was upside down about 10k. They asked no questions sent my bank a check for a partial amount and gap kicked the rest in the ass.

We would not have investigated that either. Just ran your background if no red flags pop up good to go. Shockingly must fraudsters turn to fire instead of water. I guess must people are not brave/stupid enough to drive their vehicle into a body of water.

Anywho back on topic. WTF is up with that Z?
Old 09-20-2016, 11:31 AM   #12925
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
souljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to souljaseth33
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
Hahaha holy shit no way. Story? I thought it just went in for work?

The clutch & flywheel were replaced. Supposedly he was driving in NJ over the weekend and wrecked it in the rain when he downshifted and floored it on the turnpike.

He told the guys at the shop he never had insurance pictures taken of the car when he bought it, and lost his full coverage on it.

Kid is either extremely dumb, or does not give a crap. I never met the kid to get an opinion of his character, only what I've seen he does to his car.
souljaseth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:17 PM   #12926
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:

I'm now in Hawaii.... Scares the hell out of me on the rate 240s are jacked here. This is something that I feel is worth more than 4- 5k

4-5k is probably what KBB says its worth if you're lucky
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:20 PM   #12927
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
4-5k is probably what KBB says its worth if you're lucky
You are spot on. My company estimated an S14 at 4400 in a total loss.

If you want full value for your car you need to look for an insurance company that will has an Agreed Value coverage option. Agreed value is just what it sounds like. You and the provider agree on a value for your car. They will likely inspect it. You pay the extra premium to cover that car at that value.

Do not confuse this with some companies who insure for custom parts, but still pay actual cash value (ACV) in the event of a total loss.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:23 PM   #12928
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
TFW my mint stock 140k miles 92 coupe got rear ended in Feb. I got 2 grand from their insurance and they didn't total the car [emoji23] still sucks getting hit though.

TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 11:18 PM   #12929
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by S30ZG View Post
Waiting on that rocket bunny kit.
Do they make 'em for Mustangs?

Sent from my SM-G930P
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 06:09 AM   #12930
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
Do they make 'em for Mustangs?

Sent from my SM-G930P
Yeah. Yeah they do.