Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #1
John_R
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
John_R is making a name for him/her selfJohn_R is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13.4 Zenki Convertible? Anyone?

I recently bought a 93' Vert. The car was in a bit of a front end accident (which I didn't know know about until I took off the fenders). I was considering a silvia front end, but I really like the 95-96 Zenki look ( not as much as a Kouki, but MUCH cheaper). I think it matches the coupes lines better than a kouki front end would.

Does anyone have any information or pictures of a S13.4 Coupe/Vert with a Zenki front end? Any information on how hard of a swap it would be? I would assume it would be the same as going from S13 - S14-Kouki, right?

Thanks a lot guys (and gals)!
John
John_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2007, 02:55 PM   #2
markyboi
Zilvia FREAK!

markyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to behold
what?!

s14 zenki's lines match better with the s13? ?????? you're kidding
markyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:00 PM   #3
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
You'd probably have to make your own fenders.

I don't think I've ever seen a production zenki S13.4 fender

For a convertible I could see it looking okay, but it will depend on what the rest of the car looks like and what kit youre using, paint quality, etc.

If you like zenki go for it!

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
MrBojangles
Leaky Injector

MrBojangles is an unknown quantity at this point
you've never seen a s13.4 kouki then eh?

I think this front end is far more suitable on a coupe than a zenki.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:01 PM   #5
John_R
Zilvia Member

John_R is making a name for him/her selfJohn_R is making a name for him/her self
Opinions are like a..holes....Everyone's got one.

Markybui: Ive seen S13 with a kouki front end and it just doesn't look right to me. I own a Kouki and the headlights are very aggressive looking (sharp angles and such). When I look down my vert, I just don't get that same feel. It feels rounder and smoother. I feel that the coupe tail lights match up better with the Zenki front end. Its just my opinion though. Then again. Thanks for a useless bump!

Everyone else: I agree that the Kouki does look good on a coupe, but It just doesn't look right (IMHO). like a very modern front end with an outdated rear. *laugh*

I'd love to see a chopped Zenki/Coupe though. Maybe that would help persuade me.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:02 PM   #6
DriftSpecial180
Zilvia Addict

DriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura about
i agree with markyboi. especially s13 coupes. the kouki lights are square as opposed to the more round zenki lights. you won't find any round lines on the coupe...
DriftSpecial180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:24 PM   #7
John_R
Zilvia Member

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...ht=S13.4+Zenki

Go there. Guys is in a 13.4 Zenki and destroyed a Seagull (we call em Flying Rats around here).

Anyone have anymore pictures of this car?
Old 03-07-2007, 03:30 PM   #8
arkive43
Zilvia Addict

arkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud of
to each their own. pics of that car show teh fenders arnt that well aligned so you'll prob need fenders hood s14 font supp. lights etc....its possible but kouki front > zenki. my friend casey has a s13.4 kouki and it looks gewt.
arkive43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:36 PM   #9
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

cmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to cmcdougle
if you did wide body in the back it would match up right, or at least look like it is supposed to be that way.

Zenki FTW!!!
Old 03-07-2007, 05:26 PM   #10
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
wow no one ever thought to call up AIT aka Bmagic....
Old 03-07-2007, 05:40 PM   #11
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
i like s15 face convertibles
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:45 PM   #12
'90RPS13
BANNED

'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to '90RPS13
There actually was a S13.4Z Vert on ebay a week or two ago. Check there.
'90RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:34 AM   #13
John_R
Zilvia Member

No luck.

So I haven't found any pics of a 13.4 Zenki vert. So I think thats going to be my newest project. Off to a junkyard I'll be this weekend!
Old 03-09-2007, 09:38 AM   #14
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I love zenki s14's I would never own a kouki s14. Just my personal preference the body lines dont match as much with the kouki front on s14's. That being said I would never put a zenki front on a s13. If you have to do a front end conversion coupes should get s13 silvia or s14 kouki and nothing else. 180sx should stay pop-ups but if you have to convert s15 is the only front that looks good.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:54 AM   #15
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Old 03-09-2007, 10:21 AM   #16
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I agree... S13 has sharp lines, so Kouki does look better... I dont mind the S15 to much now.

Ohhh so pretty!!

Peace
Drew
Old 03-09-2007, 10:30 AM   #17
drew935
Zilvia Addict

drew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her self
/\ pretty...just call it s13.4 bling. I like it a lot. That was the one at SEMA right? cool tonneau cover as well. Just outright sweet Silvia bling.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:18 PM   #18
rewplayff
Zilvia Junkie

rewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enough
IMO any s14/s15 front would look like shit without a huge widebody butt. the zenki on a convertible might just look like a rock at the end of a ruler without one.

a rough photochop. i think the shape works with the shape of the rear widebody
rewplayff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:08 PM   #19
Ronald_Mcdonald
Zilvia Member

Ronald_Mcdonald is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronald_Mcdonald
Durdan Perfab in St. Pete, Florida did a Zenki front on a RHD Hatch.

I'm gonna find pictures of it right now.

I know its not on a coupe, but he did it all himself. Cut, weld, weld some more, body filler, paint.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:22 PM   #20
Ronald_Mcdonald
Zilvia Member

Ronald_Mcdonald is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronald_Mcdonald
These pics are while the car was still being put together, coilovers, 5 lug, full suspension, wheels, big brakes all came later.

I know thats not on a coupe, but still gives you an idea.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:03 PM   #21
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist
I agree... S13 has sharp lines, so Kouki does look better... I dont mind the S15 to much now.

Ohhh so pretty!!

Peace
Drew

The VQ35DE powered s13.4, does any one have info on who owns that and contact info? I'm kinda doing the same exact thing, but oppisitie. Im doing a vq35de swap into an s14.3 LOLS!
Old 03-09-2007, 04:05 PM   #22
jdizzy204
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
jdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax
The VQ35DE powered s14.3, does any one have info on who owns that and contact info? I'm kinda doing the same exact thing, but oppisitie. Im doing a vq35de swap into an s14.3 LOLS!
ask and you shall receive
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=171360
jdizzy204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:36 PM   #23
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
i think the zenki front end looks best on a s14, and the kouki front looks best on the s13 coupe. the lines are sharp and squarish, and so is the coupe but whatever floats your boat. good luck.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:47 PM   #24
hella_flushed
Leaky Injector

hella_flushed is on the path to ruinhella_flushed is on the path to ruin
zenki lights on a s13 coupe? i just threw up in my my mouth a little. i agree w/ everyone else, kouki does fit best bein' that it flows with the overall shape of the car, sharp and squarish. just a my .02...
Old 03-09-2007, 08:49 PM   #25
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
arg...i need to stop looking at this thread. I'd really like to have a vert project. Good luck with it, even though I think the zenki S14 front end isn't going to look good....
Old 03-09-2007, 08:57 PM   #26
John_R
Zilvia Member

Well a couple reasons and thoughts

So I've been thinking about it. Everyone just seems to hate Zenkis. Its not just with the coupe. Most people just like the Kouki. Its not that I think it looks bad. But whenever I see a S13.4 Kouki, you can tell how much the fenders don't line up with the rest of the body. Even though the headlights look great, the fenders just like ass. (Its just an opinion guys!) I have both a 98 kouki and a 93 Vert, and I just can't justify putting a kouki front end on this car.

Another huge reason in switching to a Zenki instead. MONEY. People are just tossing their Zenki stuff out. I can get my hands on a Zenki front end for $300-400. Opposed to a kouki that I could barely get the headlights and corner lights for that much. This vert isn't a show car, just a fun little beater. So whats it gonna hurt? Seriously, having some Zenki coupe pictures would really help, but I've only seen one. Its a funky blue one with a mismatched hood, etc.

Just some thoughts! Sorry you guys hate the idea.......Maybe I'm just being stupid. At least I wanna try something new. *shrugs*
Old 03-09-2007, 09:13 PM   #27
Bryants95240sx
Zilvia Addict

Bryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the rough
Meh, it will look like poo imo. But its your car do want you want, i just think a s15 or kouki looks better on verts.

I dont see how you can say the zenki is gonna flow with vert better than a kouki conisdering a vert is pretty squarish and zenki is round.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:15 AM   #28
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
just do it. zenki s13 vert is what i plan on doing later after my s14.3 is done.