Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-23-2007, 01:18 AM   #1
zoomswimmer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
zoomswimmer is making his/her stupidity well-knownzoomswimmer is making his/her stupidity well-knownzoomswimmer is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
RSR GT2 Exhaust vs Buddy Club Spec 2 Exhaust

I'm trying to decide which one to get. I'm more impressed by the RS*R Exmag GT2 exhaust, but I don't like what it sounds like with the silencer in. The Buddy Club is cheaper, but it sounds loud. I don't know if the clips that I'm finding are for a sr20det or a KA. I also can't find any clip for the Buddy Club exhaust with the silencer in. I wish that I could drive it without the silencer in, but for most of the time, it will need to be. I was looking at either a Circuit Sport, RS*R or something that looks stock, but they all are most expensive, and since this car won't be a daily driver, it seems that the GT2 and the Buddy Club would get more hp (even if it is only a few), since the car will be tracked a few times a year.

O ya, forgot to mention, I've got a 89 240sx with a blacktop sr20det with a circuit sports downpipe and that's about it for the modifications for now.
zoomswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2007, 07:51 AM   #2
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Those 2 exhausts are very different, going to get different sounds out of it.

Buddy Club has no muffler.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:52 AM   #3
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
The BC silencer is very restrictive...get the RSR...alot better quality.

Carlos
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:06 AM   #4
Ghostdrifter
Zilvia Member

Ghostdrifter is making a name for him/her selfGhostdrifter is making a name for him/her self
BC won't be that loud on a sr20 because it's turbo. Try running one on a N/A KA
Old 08-23-2007, 10:23 AM   #5
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidin240Wayz View Post
The BC silencer is very restrictive...get the RSR...alot better quality.

Carlos
The Buddy Club silencer is indeed extremely restrictive. Beyond on that if your car is going to see more track action than street action then the Buddy Club would be the better exhaust. The RSR ex mag is a street exhaust, a very good one at that. though for all out track its the BC all the way its a fantastic track exhaust, imo.
To the OP if your trying to go for something that looks stock I recommend going custom with a Magnaflow 3" single inlet, dual tip 2.5" outlet muffler. You can find muffler shops that can use mandrel pre bends and put together a pretty nice custom job this way for around $250-350.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:24 AM   #6
scarecrow27
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
scarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
blitz nur spec r trust me u will love it forever
scarecrow27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:31 AM   #7
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Custom exhaust - best route ever, you can customize looks, sound, style.

I have 3in dp, 3in midpipe with 3in resonator from magnaflow v band and flared to 4 in axle back to a stubby 6in mufflier. Then I have an extra vband to a pair of apexi n1 duals if i want to change the style. Sounds amazing - all stainless steel + mandrel bends.
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:54 AM   #8
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I have had both on my s14.

I think the RSR was nicer all around
the Buddly Club is more basic and "race"

I like the buddy club more. it's all stainless and pretty much a straight pipe.

i have used both with and without silencer.

the Buddly Club is louder all around, but I really don't think it is loud with the silencer.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:51 AM   #9
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
with an SR, you shouldn't worry about a silencer. my exhaust (N1 dual) dropped like 10-15 decibels when I went from KA to SR.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:59 AM   #10
devonkyle77
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
devonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to devonkyle77
buy my rsr gt2 exhaust, its mint.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:07 PM   #11
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
+1 for RSR gtII
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:37 PM   #12
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
if your willing to try they have the spec 4 model out by buddy club... only 86db compared to the 105db of the spec 2

but the RSR is probably a lot easier to get.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:52 PM   #13
Rod
Leaky Injector

Rod will become famous soon enoughRod will become famous soon enoughRod will become famous soon enoughRod will become famous soon enough
BC is stupid light and super duper beasty sounding. here's a vid of my car with the BC so you can have an idea. I'm not favoring the BC over the RSR because i never heard or seen the RSR myself. Just giving you some reference.

good luck
Rod

http://www.mdstreetscene.com/content/video/am-vid/hyperfest-promo/WhiteS13.wmv
http://www.mdstreetscene.com/content/video/am-vid/hyperfest-promo/WhiteS132.wmv
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:12 PM   #14
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

Nikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond repute
I've had both and I recommend the BC if you take your car to the track... If not, I would just get a exhaust like the Circuit Sports...
Nikeboy355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:06 PM   #15
dori_pho
Zilvia Member

dori_pho is on the path to ruindori_pho is on the path to ruin
i have the bc on my car with the ka and is F'en loud but sound nice then i put it on my blacktop sr with blitz 3" down pipe s14 dummy cat and its a lot quiter and deep sounding i use it daily driven to the bc is a great exhaust i love it
dori_pho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:00 PM   #16
Ghostdrifter
Zilvia Member

Ghostdrifter is making a name for him/her selfGhostdrifter is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by trsilvias13 View Post
Custom exhaust - best route ever, you can customize looks, sound, style.

I have 3in dp, 3in midpipe with 3in resonator from magnaflow v band and flared to 4 in axle back to a stubby 6in mufflier. Then I have an extra vband to a pair of apexi n1 duals if i want to change the style. Sounds amazing - all stainless steel + mandrel bends.
^+1 i'm prolly gonna go custom also. Take a SSAC N1 and weld some V-band flanges, a magnaflow muffler, cut off the canister and weld on one of Aspec's blastpipes(as soon as he gets some more)
Old 08-25-2007, 11:54 AM   #17
KRMS13
Leaky Injector

KRMS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
the bc sound better. if you go look at youtube it has a better sound then the rsr!
Old 08-25-2007, 12:24 PM   #18
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I would choose the BC2 if I had to choose. Better exhaust for the track imo.

It's also cheaper I believe.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:09 AM   #19
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
On my 14 with 270 cams the Buddy Club Spec II is pretty quiet. It's a great exhaust. I had one on my 180 and I have one on my 14 and if I ever get something else... A Buddy Club Spec II is going on that one too.

Don't ask me about how it sounds with a silencer.. I think I threw that thing away...

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:54 AM   #20
Ghostdrifter
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
Don't ask me about how it sounds with a silencer.. I think I threw that thing away...
^ HAHA that's exactly what you should with it or blow it up
Old 08-30-2007, 05:26 AM   #21
mike_0678
Leaky Injector

mike_0678 is just really nicemike_0678 is just really nicemike_0678 is just really nicemike_0678 is just really nicemike_0678 is just really nicemike_0678 is just really nicemike_0678 is just really nicemike_0678 is just really nicemike_0678 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomswimmer View Post
I'm trying to decide which one to get. I'm more impressed by the RS*R Exmag GT2 exhaust, but I don't like what it sounds like with the silencer in. The Buddy Club is cheaper, but it sounds loud. I don't know if the clips that I'm finding are for a sr20det or a KA. I also can't find any clip for the Buddy Club exhaust with the silencer in. I wish that I could drive it without the silencer in, but for most of the time, it will need to be. I was looking at either a Circuit Sport, RS*R or something that looks stock, but they all are most expensive, and since this car won't be a daily driver, it seems that the GT2 and the Buddy Club would get more hp (even if it is only a few), since the car will be tracked a few times a year.

O ya, forgot to mention, I've got a 89 240sx with a blacktop sr20det with a circuit sports downpipe and that's about it for the modifications for now.
The Spec II sounds horrible with silencer in. A friend of mine had a stock Ka when we did the install and as soon as we got it done we tried with and w/o the silencer and almost cut our dicks off it sounded so bad. Without the silencer the tone is pretty loud but it sounds REALLY good.
mike_0678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:09 AM   #22
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
i love my rs2. very nice sound compared to apexi and greddy but not sure about bc. seen it on similar setups as mine but sounds cool too
Old 08-30-2007, 07:38 AM   #23
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_0678 View Post
The Spec II sounds horrible with silencer in. A friend of mine had a stock Ka when we did the install and as soon as we got it done we tried with and w/o the silencer and almost cut our dicks off it sounded so bad. Without the silencer the tone is pretty loud but it sounds REALLY good.
wait.....why did cutting your dick off come to mind?
Old 08-31-2007, 06:54 AM   #24
614duece40
Zilvia Member

614duece40 will become famous soon enough614duece40 will become famous soon enough614duece40 will become famous soon enough614duece40 will become famous soon enough
get the bc, better looking exhaust than the rsr, sounds better to.
614duece40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:00 AM   #25
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
dont buy the RSR, its fucking garbage.

i mean, dont buy it because I FUCKING OWN ONE, and dont want people owning the same shit as i have. bitch.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:29 AM   #26
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
whaaaaaaaaat?

this is like comparing a knife to a shotgun?

bc is all business, rsr is for street.

if you have a race car get the bc, if you have a street car get the rsr
Old 08-31-2007, 11:34 AM   #27
ramman434
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ramman434 will become famous soon enoughramman434 will become famous soon enoughramman434 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow27 View Post
Blitz Nur Spec R cat-back trust me u will love it forever
That's all that ever needs to be said.
ramman434 is offline   Reply With Quote