Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-13-2007, 03:08 PM   #31
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy View Post
haha

cheap tools

that's why i only use snapon and matco

well i am also a tech and use them everyday

probably craftsman, take that back

use some pb blaster. let it sit.
i use craftsman, snap on, and cornwell. ive heard nothing but shit about matco....

and craftsman really isnt that bad...alot of dealership techs use em
Old 09-13-2007, 07:15 PM   #32
theronin
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theronin
well the jobs done. went to kragen down the street and rented their press for 6 bucks. drives like a charm though. however now that ive started to tear into her the tc rods and tie rods are looking like they want to be replaced by spl parts for me. looks like they are gonna be getting some of my moneys very soon.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:17 PM   #33
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Welcome to link land. You can spend an eternity here.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:24 PM   #34
theronin
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theronin
oh, ive already done it once. Bella was completely adjustable. But since she got stolen, ive gotta do it all again.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:41 PM   #35
babowc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i only broke chinese cheap shit..
never broke a husky/craftsman before..

i use all those on all my project cars, all 3.
now the chinese shit are busted, i use husky/craftsman, but none has failed me yet.

except a husky 1/2" drive ratchet that took a shit on me and binded.
babowc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:09 PM   #36
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
I always break Craftsman ratchets and Snap On sockets.

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:11 PM   #37
MURPHY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
MURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MURPHY
^b.s. lol

doing what? i don't believe you. especially not ALWAYS
MURPHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:21 AM   #38
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
I've broken 3 craftsman screwdrivers, 2 craftsman ratchets, some cheap branded ratchet, probably 4 craftsman sockets and 2 wrenchs.

O and I broke a hammer once too.

Breaker bars are the way to go when your trying to loosen a bolt... I almost always use some sort of pipe to put on the end of the ratchet to make it easier breaking em loose
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:25 AM   #39
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:
^b.s. lol

dude ive broken soo much snap on shit
universal joints, deep wells, mids, ratchets, buncha shit

snap on is just a name
with big ass price tag
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:00 AM   #40
jrocslider
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
jrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
husky sucks... i've broken em takin off flywheel bolts but just like craftsman i get new ones for free... cause i work at home depot.

i like my craftsman and never really had a problem with em.

in a week or so i should be getting a 40% discount card from NAPA to use on tools or whatever the hell i want (aircraft mechanic). lifetime guarantee so if i break it i go to any NAPA store and get another.
jrocslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:02 AM   #41
DOOK
Post Whore!

DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
snap on also has different levels of tools... from cheaper stuff a normal person would use ALL the way up to gold plated tools that are like 200k for the set... buddy of mine's dad has about half a million in snap on tools and he has that gold set in a brand new rolling chest still in the packaging... fuckin rich people

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:08 AM   #42
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Gold plated? wtfwhy.
SHIFT_*grind* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:09 AM   #43
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
dude ive broken soo much snap on shit
universal joints, deep wells, mids, ratchets, buncha shit

snap on is just a name
with big ass price tag
+1

i mean....every tool manufacturer sucks at something. craftsman rachets arent the best, but everything else isnt too bad. snap-on's rachets are starting to become crap very quickly (if you can find old ones guys, pick them up..the old ones are build really well). I lost count of how many snap on sockets ive seen break. every tool breaks, especially when you use it the wrong way.

for you flywheel bolt guys...maybe you could try using..

-a pnumanic impact gun (if its available)
-a impact gun socket (alot stronger than the chrome validium ones)
-breaker bar just to break the initial torque

i've seen mechanics use husky tools for years...never gave them a problem, you just have to know how/when to use a tool.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:11 AM   #44
DOOK
Post Whore!

DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB200SX View Post
Gold plated? wtfwhy.
cause he can I guess... I called bullshit on it when my buddy Brandon told me so we hopped in his RSX and went to this Dad's house into the garage and he fucking showed me.... Sitting right beside his dad's new Saleen in a rolling snap on chest.... like I said... fuckin rich people.

I got tired of breaking sockets so I've started buying NAPA hardened impact gun sockets and I use them about all the time.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:44 AM   #45
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
Quote:
^b.s. lol

Fixing these peices of shit

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:48 AM   #46
DOOK
Post Whore!

but I love the full floating axles in the first two at least Koopa.... nothing like changing your axle shaft without taking the wheel and tire off... who needs a jack?