Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States DC, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:39 AM   #1
Quigs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
Quigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Gaining interest - Drifting for beginners - RVA

Sup guys,

The local drift group that I am a part of is looking to expand. Our group is dedicated to helping beginners who are/might be interested in learning how to drift, but don't exactly know where to start. Around VA, there are plenty of events and practices that are competitive for ProAm drivers looking to move up, but there are not many events that allow for beginning drivers new to the scene. So, we cater to the drivers that are willing to come out and learn more about the motorsport.

The main group is located in Northern Virginia, where there has been a good showing to most of the events. We just finished our first full year, and capped it off with an event at Old Dominion Speedway in Manassas that catered specifically to new drivers attending their first event. The event, Drifting 101, was very informative, and the drivers had a great time and learned a lot.

So, after a year of success, we have decided to expand into the Central Virginia area. We will be holding a "Meet and Greet" social event sometime between now and March 16th (the first event of next season) and would like to gather new drivers interested in increasing their driving skill and having some fun. That's what we are all about - having fun doing what we love. This event will be an informal gathering, where information can be obtained if anyone is interested in learning more about how we perform. I look forward to hearing back from you guys.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM here or chat on AIM. Screen name is DrivenAggression.

Also, check out the forums of the main group at http://www.slidewaysonline.com. My name on those forums is Quigs as well.

I will make sure to keep updating about the Meet and Greet information meeting, and I hope some local drivers will be able to attend. We are looking at it being another great, successful season.

Thanks,
Nathan
Slideways RVA
Quigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2007, 10:04 AM   #2
NissanOwnsU
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
NissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymoreNissanOwnsU is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
im totally down for this if marylanders are allowed hit me up on goodstuff86 on aim or email me at [email protected]
NissanOwnsU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:13 PM   #3
Quigs
Zilvia Junkie

Quigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, Maryland people show up to many of the Northern Virginia events. Slideways is already established up in NoVA and a little in MD too, we are just looking to get a bigger range of drivers by location.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:52 PM   #4
Quigs
Zilvia Junkie

UPDATE

Date, time, and location have been established.

When: Saturday, January 18th.
Time: 2:00 PM to whenever people start to leave
Where: Initially, we will be meeting at Cloverleaf Mall. However, once we get people together, we will be driving about 5 minutes down the road to a friend's house that he is generously letting us use. There should be plenty of parking, and he has a nice large back yard, so as long as it's not too cold (Last January it was like 60-70 degrees all month, so it's a possibility) and we can get a BBQ going.
What: Slideways social trying to get some new people into the sport, as explained earlier in the thread.
Who: Anyone and everyone interested in learning about how events are run, plans for the year, drifting in general, etc. Bring your friends!

As always, you can PM me or Steve (SSC299) for more info. Or feel free to hit me up on AIM - DrivenAggression.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:19 AM   #5
energy0uth
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
energy0uth is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanOwnsU View Post
im totally down for this if marylanders are allowed hit me up on goodstuff86 on aim or email me at [email protected]
word im in...energy0uth aim
energy0uth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:54 AM   #6
Quigs
Zilvia Junkie

The meet is still on rain or shine!

http://www.slidewaysonline.com for info.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:56 AM   #7
elfenguard911
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
elfenguard911 is on the path to ruinelfenguard911 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
will you guys be having another meet soon?
elfenguard911 is offline   Reply With Quote