Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-12-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
Tripz

Trader Rating: (0)
Tripz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
18" Axis Widetrack 18x9 Et20 120mm Lip - Question about fitment in front (S13)

I need some help!! I'm looking to purchase these wheels from a local shop. I was originally looking at 18x9 with 120mm lip and 20mm offset on the back and 18x8 w/ 90mm lip and 20mm offset. Now the problem is the shop cannot get any 18x8 w/ 90mm in. The question/problem that I have to face now is whether I can run 18x9 w/ 120mm lip and 20mm offset all around? I've read that normally with that offset and 9 inch wheel, it shouldn't be that much of an issue. But the axis widetrack has an huge 120mm lip, and that makes the face of the rim sit all the way back near the brakes. And I'm not sure if that will clear the 300zx brakes that I have up front. The tire guy that I spoke to is very knowledgable, but he's not sure if it'll fit, and if I might have to run spacers. Any input on whether it'll fit or not?
Tripz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
probably won't clear the z32 brakes...

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:38 PM   #3
samplesurf
Zilvia Member

samplesurf is a name known to allsamplesurf is a name known to allsamplesurf is a name known to allsamplesurf is a name known to allsamplesurf is a name known to allsamplesurf is a name known to allsamplesurf is a name known to allsamplesurf is a name known to allsamplesurf is a name known to allsamplesurf is a name known to allsamplesurf is a name known to all
18x9 +20 isnt bad for stock body if u dont have and neg camber you may have to roll the fender lip a tad but no big deal, i had a set of front wheels with the same specs, if you go with the 8s in the front you will regret it anyways, go with the 9s all around, but as for clearing your brakes u should test fit one first because the clearance there is based on wheel design and not offset, and for the price they want for them u could easily get a set of gram lights or works that will clear
Old 06-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #4
Tripz

Thanks a lot. Unfortunately they don't have any in that I can test fit. And the thing that does worry me is if it's going to clear the front brakes, and seems unlikely without spacers. The reason why I'm looking at the widetrack is cause of the spokes (6) and the massive lip. It's hard to find nice wheels for 4 lugs, argh!!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:59 PM   #5
DOOK
Post Whore!

DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=196200

Old 06-12-2008, 10:03 PM   #6
Tripz

Thanks, not really my style with that many spokes. Also perferablly a dark color rim. Yes I'm picky... Gonna continue my search! Thanks for the help!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:08 PM   #7
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
well, you can space them out at least 15mm without going with overfenders...
Old 06-12-2008, 10:19 PM   #8
Tripz

Well, I'm just not sure how much of a spacer I need to space it out. Like samplesmurf said, it's based on the wheel design. I'm just worried that if I have to use a 10mm - 20mm spacers, I would have to look into a widebody kit, or pulling my fenders hardcore. I wish there's actually someone running these wheels up front with no issues!
Old 06-12-2008, 11:20 PM   #9
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
18x9 +0 is a piece of cake to fit on stock fenders.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:33 PM   #10
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Pictures of the said rims? Better yet, get a measurement from spoke to the face of the hub. Need ball park of 1.5" to be safe. How much lip the rim has or the offset, have absolutely nothing to do if itll clear the caliper...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:44 PM   #11
bigflip

bigflip is an unknown quantity at this point
You could ask this guymaybe he can help you?
http://www.northwestnissans.com/boar...ad.php?t=74586
bigflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:46 AM   #12
DOOK
Post Whore!

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=196114

Old 06-21-2008, 11:30 AM   #13
ZenkiCam
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
ZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ZenkiCam

1.)Axis Widetrack
2.)18x8 Front 18x9 Rear
3.)-10 Front +10 Rear
4.)215/35/18 Front 225/40/18 Rear
5.)Front -4.5 Rear -3

they fit...
ZenkiCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:41 AM   #14
Import_Prophetz
Leaky Injector

Import_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura aboutImport_Prophetz has a spectacular aura about
Love the axis!
Import_Prophetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:17 PM   #15
origin_s135
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
origin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
they look pretty nice.