Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 03:47 PM   #31
an_orange_s2k
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
an_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
CA isnt all that bad. the cop in SF are pretty cool, since SF is pretty liberal. i mean where else can u get caught smoking weed and end up with just a slap on the wrist?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2008, 03:50 PM   #32
adrians_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (29)
adrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adrians_s13
ugh... I remember seeing that on the news awhile back...

totally wrong...

cops might as well break up every quinceanera in hopes of finding illegal aliens...
Old 07-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #33
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
That really sucks. Those cops are idiots.

Now saying that ALL those people were there to street race, is like saying all cops are corrupt. That shit pisses me the fuck off.
There is some truth in that. education requirements for police depts out here arn't that stringent. I actually applied to the Los Angeles sheriff's dept earlier this year, and was quite appalled by some of the testing and requirements they gave us. Basically, just a high school degree or GED was all that was required. You saw many kids barely out of HS apply. On top of that, the entry exam tested us on questions that were elementary school level grammar and arithmetic. there were somewhere around 90 applicants. around 40-50 had failed that test.

Cops out here get paid pretty well, at least 50k before taxes. I really think the dept needs to up their standards as far as education goes, maybe at least require 1-2yrs in college. There are many college graduates barely holding a job that makes $30k these days. Policing is a serious matter. I'd rather they hire more liberal arts majors than teens barely out of high school.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:08 PM   #34
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Tell them you need it so your 20-year old car is able to keep up with the traffic flow.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:08 PM   #35
playthe_part
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
playthe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wait.. i thought the gas tax was supposed to go towards things like public transport and improving our roads, not funding police crackdowns. i'd feel a lot better paying all that money for gas knowing I-80 would FINALLY get some attention rather than knowing i helped the police "serve and protect" by issuing tickets for illegal tint. nothing against police, i just think the priorities should be straightened out.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:17 PM   #36
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
OP's avatar is awesome.

Wait what was this thread about?

Oh non sense.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:19 PM   #37
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
I and a couple of other guys (mr2's and wagons of the people... dont ask) were in a parking garage.

We are just minding our business taking pictures, shooting the breeze blah blah.

Anyways 3 squad cars and a bike roll up and the guy on the bike gives us this big lecture about how "they were just given this big grant to hire and train more officers for the prevention of street racers" he then proceeded to call us all street racers and that when we are on the streets be careful because they will pull us over and pop us.

One guy asked why he assumed we were street racers and he said modified cars, and meeting somewhere. Simple as that. He pointed to my car and said if I saw that 240 on the street I would pull you over and pop your hood in a minute.

I said "you'll just be wasting your time, everything is stock or 50 state legal"

Then I turned around got in my car and went to the bottom of the structure where 5 more units were waiting.

That was kinda gay.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:21 PM   #38
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
OP's avatar is awesome.

Wait what was this thread about?

Oh non sense.
jack, she says hi
Old 07-15-2008, 04:27 PM   #39
azndoc
Post Whore!

azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Actually she's just mumbling right now, I've got something in her mouth.

But yeah I could see how it could sound like hi.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #40
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
Actually she's just mumbling right now, I've got something in her mouth.

But yeah I could see how it could sound like hi.

Not again...

Old 07-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #41
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
oh so she showed you the balloon trick i taught her?

don't rough her up too much, she gotta look good for our DATE tonight

suppp
Old 07-15-2008, 04:30 PM   #42
kensreliableb18b
Zilvia Addict

Location: so cal - 626, 909, 562 and 949. 818 if i feel like running away
kensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by svensko View Post
I wonder how many of those car owners are posting on their home forums right now...

"Yo dawgs i gotz mah 240 conficated cuz i was ridin wit a engene that i new wuz illegal fer 4 yeras. NE1 got sum advise"

you, sir, are a FUCKING idiot. i swear you have some disorder and can't let that other thread go. go jump off a bridge or something.

OP: yeeeaaaaaaa, if a cop ever asked something as ridiculous as that, i'd really sit there and debate with him/her.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:32 PM   #43
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
Is that an apple?
Old 07-15-2008, 04:32 PM   #44
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Is that an apple?
Do you want it to be an apple?

Old 07-15-2008, 04:35 PM   #45
azndoc
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
oh so she showed you the balloon trick i taught her?

don't rough her up too much, she gotta look good for our DATE tonight

suppp
I'll brown paper bag special her for ya.

I don't think you want to see the stretch marks I left on the sides of her mouth.

Done and done.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:42 PM   #46
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
so then i better see some crack downs at all the classic car meets off route 66, their engines are modified...smog exempt or not, its modified, so they must street race as well...

because street racing is illegal no matter what you drive, doesnt matter if your car was made before 1976

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
Old 07-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #47
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUFFM4N View Post
so then i better see some crack downs at all the classic car meets off route 66, their engines are modified...smog exempt or not, its modified, so they must street race as well...

because street racing is illegal no matter what you drive, doesnt matter if your car was made before 1976

"Save the spray for the way back"
Old 07-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #48
2Slow40
Zilvia Junkie

2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post

vs

That's neat but...

vs

Old 07-15-2008, 05:13 PM   #49
S13_Nightkid
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
S13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^^EAST COAST FTW!

but Is that first one current? 3.73? That must be like in Pohick Fucking Ohio.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:15 PM   #50
2Slow40
Zilvia Junkie

2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute
Not really sure, here in Oklahoma gas is like 3.80 so I just kinda found a picture of a close price.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:19 PM   #51
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
reading these kind of news just makes me want to sell my car. I hate how here in cali we have to hide everything we do to our cars even though we just drive down the street to get some groceries. And as for the engine crap its even more BS. SR's pass emissions but fail visual, and who the hell cares about visual inspection? As long as it doesnt polute the earth! And if you got receipts for your engine obviously its not stolen. And running the vin on the engine to see if its stolen? what if your old engine blew up and you just swapped it from pick and pull? This is such bullshit. And exhaust tickets are not fixable anymore even though my car is quieter than a fucking prius!. Ok i'm done.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:20 PM   #52
flip3d
Zilvia FREAK!

flip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to flip3d
They wont let you become an officer if your IQ is above ~100.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:43 PM   #53
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post

Cops out here get paid pretty well, at least 50k before taxes. I really think the dept needs to up their standards as far as education goes, maybe at least require 1-2yrs in college. There are many college graduates barely holding a job that makes $30k these days. Policing is a serious matter. I'd rather they hire more liberal arts majors than teens barely out of high school.
College proves nothing except that you took X number of years of college, not that you absorbed anything because honestly our college system is so money hungry its rediculous. Half of college students will be in debt their entire lives just to pay off student loans just for a bachelors degree, what reason do you need a college degree to become a police officer? Granted there are plenty of douchebag cops out there but I know plenty of great ones and believe it or not its not some uber technical field that you need a degree for, hell i fix helicopters in the military, yet officers(the ones with the degrees) always end up breaking shit or not knowing shit because they didn't use common sense and use it in their checklist. And last time i checked to be a police officer in L.A. County you have to be at least 20 1/2 with prior military or college to even get looked at most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:28 PM   #54
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
"If you're not into street racing, why would you need that?"

"Why would you buy a gun, unless you intend to kill someone?"

Both are retarded statements.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:38 PM   #55
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
College proves nothing except that you took X number of years of college, not that you absorbed anything because honestly our college system is so money hungry its rediculous. Half of college students will be in debt their entire lives just to pay off student loans just for a bachelors degree, what reason do you need a college degree to become a police officer? Granted there are plenty of douchebag cops out there but I know plenty of great ones and believe it or not its not some uber technical field that you need a degree for, hell i fix helicopters in the military, yet officers(the ones with the degrees) always end up breaking shit or not knowing shit because they didn't use common sense and use it in their checklist. And last time i checked to be a police officer in L.A. County you have to be at least 20 1/2 with prior military or college to even get looked at most of the time.
College does not guarantee a good education, but increases the likelihood of one. At the very least, to obtain an associate of arts degree requires that you pass classes in critical thinking, English composition, and basic algebra. In my opinion, yes those are important things to know, when it comes to analyzing info to make reasonable decisions. As a taxpayer, I would prefer an educated officer over an uneducated one. If you disagree, then we can only agree to disagree on this matter.

Yes, I do believe in our college system, particularly city college, CA state college, and the CA UC system. I've participated in all three, and have my BA. I can't speak for private colleges, but I disagree public colleges in CA are $$$ hungry. Imo, the public education system is a good value for the money. Other than that, i don't wish to get any more off topic.

Education has nothing to do with being a douche. jerks will be jerks regardless. The issue here on this thread isn't so much the cop being a douche, as he is foolish. a reasonable person (cop or not) wouldn't be saying "If you're not into street racing, why would you need that?". He's just setting himself up for criticism and ridicule. A more intelligent officer would approach the situation would just check for illegal mods, and follow procedure accordingly.

Yes, you are correct about the 20 yr old age limit, but prior college or military experience arn't mandatory to join the LA sheriff's dept;

http://lasdreserve.org/howtojoin1.htm
Old 07-15-2008, 06:44 PM   #56
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
"If you're not into street racing, why would you need that?"

"Why would you buy a gun, unless you intend to kill someone?"

Both are retarded statements.
i second this
Old 07-15-2008, 07:01 PM   #57
luftrofl
Zilvia Junkie

luftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant future
Because I like to take my car to the race track?
Old 07-15-2008, 07:14 PM   #58
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
ugggh never mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.

Last edited by raz0rbladez909; 07-15-2008 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: because i suck at the internet
Old 07-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #59
Mi Beardo es Loco
Nissanaholic!

Location: A place where boob jobs ruined the best thing about being a fat chick.
Mi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Most of what you see down there are fatties with strollers.
and that's in the high schools
Any of you guys watch gay porn?
Old 07-15-2008, 09:05 PM   #60
Mi Beardo es Loco
Nissanaholic!

Location: A place where boob jobs ruined the best thing about being a fat chick.
Mi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfection
to be quite honest with you I thought the article made the cops sound kinda douchey. They used words like "automobile enthusiast" instead of "import car enthusiasts" and they used "warantless searches" which, although within their rights, makes them look like the bad guys. I think the author was forced to tell the whole story but was a little annoyed that the cops would wast their time on "automobile enthusiasts" instead of streetracers who are actually doing something illegal. God forbid someone got killed in Corona. Who would be there to save the day? Oh yeah, I forgot, noone because all the Riverside PD is cracking down on gear heads.
Any of you guys watch gay porn?
Closed Thread