Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-03-2008, 11:53 PM   #1
bboyswoosh87
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
bboyswoosh87 will become famous soon enoughbboyswoosh87 will become famous soon enoughbboyswoosh87 will become famous soon enoughbboyswoosh87 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Question What are some good 4x6 speakers for my 240 fastback.

I just bought an alpine deck and got some free infinity kappa speakers from my cousin. I want some speakers for the back. Infinity sounds pretty decent I want something that will give it a little bass i'm not looking to buy subs just some good 4x6 speakers.
bboyswoosh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2008, 01:52 AM   #2
xkamikazestormx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
xkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
4x6 will not give you any bass.
xkamikazestormx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:39 AM   #3
boske
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
boske is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^
that pretty much sums it up, don't even bother if you want bass.

I have tried several 4x6 speakers in the dash of my s10. Polk, Memphis, Boston acoustic, I have had no luck getting anything to sound even close to what a 6.5" speaker would. You might want to try the plate speakers infinity makes that uses a round driver and tweeter instead of the oval style, I have heard good things about those but I have never tried them.
boske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:45 AM   #4
imnotmatt1189
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
imnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
yeah... i have pioneer 4x6 3-way speakers in the back in my coupe and it doesn't really do shit.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:48 AM   #5
bo2o
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
bo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
make the holes a lil bit bigger and shove a 6x9

or 6.5. i think eclipse and mb quart make a pretty good 4x6
but no bass reallie your just going to get good clean sound.

^^^click^^^
bo2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:59 AM   #6
Oo_Skyline_oO
BANNED

Oo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Oo_Skyline_oO
^^what he said, I got some 6x9 infiniti 300peak 100rms shoved in my door and they actually do something for bass
Oo_Skyline_oO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:02 AM   #7
shifts13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
shifts13 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
how do you guys mount speakers that are bigger than 4x6 on the doors? im really tired of my POS 4x6 speakers and want something a little better lol pics would be great
shifts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:04 AM   #8
xkamikazestormx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
xkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
make custom adapters. put a 6.5 in the front and 6x9 in the rear. thatll improve it a lot
xkamikazestormx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:19 AM   #9
CKAMC
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.5 components up front work quite well, my old s13 had a set and worked great.

for the rears of a s13/14 is going to be 6.5's because then it can be a single speaker with a custom plate or components custom mounted and be able to produce some sort of base.

s14 really has more to work with than s13 hatch... coupe is about the same playing field as an s14.

I am gonna try a rear deck mounted 10" sub... see how that works in a s14. going to be a tight fit.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #10
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yeah S14s come with 6.5" round speakers on the doors IIRC, as I grabbed the speaker mounts from an S14 in the junkyard ages ago, but have not had a radio in my car since I got it, which was... 5 years ago.

So yeah, one of these days, I'll get my shit fixed and actually get the 6.5" speaker mounts onto my S13 doors, and go from there.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:56 AM   #11
red240
Zilvia Junkie

red240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Yeah S14s come with 6.5" round speakers on the doors IIRC, as I grabbed the speaker mounts from an S14 in the junkyard ages ago, but have not had a radio in my car since I got it, which was... 5 years ago.

So yeah, one of these days, I'll get my shit fixed and actually get the 6.5" speaker mounts onto my S13 doors, and go from there.
Dude you need to get on it, don't make me come over and do it for you
red240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:33 AM   #12
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by red240 View Post
Dude you need to get on it, don't make me come over and do it for you
hahaha

Just that right now I've got more stuff to take care of ahead of the speakers and such that it's pretty much on the bottom of the list.

Before the speaker install, I need to pull the dash out and find out where I have a pinched wire that's shorting out the radio/interior lights/dash clock/etc. fuse, and you know how much fun electrical work is...
Old 09-04-2008, 10:53 AM   #13
jordanpelly
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
jordanpelly is making a name for him/her selfjordanpelly is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i picked up some converter plates from ebay for the fronts and popped in some jbl 6.5 components and made a plate for the back for jbl 5.25 i think. all being powered by a 650watt amp, sounds way legit. for some fuller sound there is a single 12, it gets the job done well
jordanpelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:00 AM   #14
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Back when I had my Trans Am, I only had 6.5" components up front and a single 12" sub in the hatch, and it sounded really good.

I don't think the 240 would require a different setup, really, to sound just as good.

I honestly don't think the rear deck speakers on the hatch will make any difference...
Old 09-04-2008, 11:21 AM   #15
veeates36
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
veeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to veeates36
Ok sorry and i dont mean thread jack but i was wondering where i could find some kind of install write-up for all 4 speakers and a headunit in a 91' S13 coupe.. All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
veeates36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:58 PM   #16
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I got the nicest rockfords 4x6s i could find and they still dont sound good. Crisp, but no bass or power.WAY better than stock, i would say go 6.5 or 6x9.
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote