Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-25-2008, 11:00 AM   #31
anyotherone
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
anyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Knowing how they work, they will ignore the chargeback and you will win by default.
anyotherone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2008, 05:55 PM   #32
ABence27

Trader Rating: (0)
ABence27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
When I found out about the turbo he said it's not part of the motor and wouldn't even be under warranty. He said he would try and find a used one to sell to me for $600+S/H to send the old one there and for the new one. It's been a nightmare from the begining. I really just want to rebuild it when and if I get money back. But not sure yet. But I might sell it! I'll keep you updated as soon as I get a hold of everyone! You guys are F-ing awesome! I'm going to put all advice together and do everything I can! Thanks again!
ABence27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:17 PM   #33
Gumballf355
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Gumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gumballf355
man... I was about to buy another SR and looked them up online. Let us all know how things go and make sure they know you've posted about their shop and it's not too late for them to mend things with you and the faith of a huge nissan community.
Gumballf355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:39 PM   #34
Jza
Leaky Injector

Jza is an unknown quantity at this point
CC company is usually on your side. They may not refund the $ right the way but they will put the charge on hold. It does take sometime for them to go through the charge back process. I think AMEX & Discover do a better and faster job on this type of events. IF you have the purchase protection plan, they will take care of you alot faster. GL.
Jza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:41 PM   #35
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbiphil View Post
You don't have to be shady to dispute the charge. If what you received isn't to your satisfaction, call your credit card company and tell them so. They'll ask if you've tried to resolve the problem with the company, and then they'll have you fill out a form explaining the situation.
Once you file that form, they will take the money back from the company and "hold" it. They give the company a week or so to rebut your claim before they officially give you your money back.
However, as the manager of a mail order company, I can tell you that even if the company DOES respond to the credit card company, you'll probably still win your case. The credit card company works for you, not them, and they're "guilty until proven innocent" in the case of chargebacks.
However, this is why I always recommend that people use their credit cards for purchases like these- if you had used PayPal or sent them a money order, you'd be out of luck, but your credit card company will help you through it...
Good luck with your engine build- be sure to let us know how it goes!
^^^^ this is the god honest truth....!!!!
CC companies work for the card holders and do very little for Merchants... this pissed me off almost every day. YOU WILL win the chargeback nearly 90% of the time IF you do it right... and NO you dont have to be shady. The truth works wonders!!

You could get a new S15 T28 for $600... Fuck that... Do to them what they are doing to you!!!!

-Drew
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:44 PM   #36
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Don't buy redtops, they are all junk now.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:51 PM   #37
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
OMG...I actually called them to order an Engine (back in Jan/feb) and no one picked up the phone..moved on to the next - called JSA Motors in canada (excellent Service and PERFECTLY Clean Engine)....WOW..Sorry for your Delima but damn I feel somewhat relieved now.

Hopefully you will get this resolved.

Quote:
Don't buy redtops, they are all junk now
I must have got the "Cream of the Crop" of what redtops are left then.Mine was/is in PRESTINE condition and not 1 single thing wrong w/ it..Trans is Great,No Grinds,All sensors working - Still had the OEM exedy Clutch in it and every bolt "clicked" like it had Never been taken off.

I Would recomend JSA to anyone. 2 days shipping from Canada to N.C
Old 04-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #38
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
opponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngriff View Post
Don't buy redtops, they are all junk now.
Really? I only see redtops in NOVA, at the places I go. The ones I buy are pretty nice, but I hand select them too..

Between a redtop sr20det and blacktop sr20det (s13) i'll always just get the redtop because the companies always ask for about $250 more, which is bs, like a s13 blacktop is a rare engine.
opponheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:09 PM   #39
kilo64
Leaky Injector

kilo64 is making a name for him/her selfkilo64 is making a name for him/her self
warrenty's are like return policies. They don't mean shit in the court of law unless its absolutely reasonable.

Since it took you 14 days to receive the motor (Must have proof) it is therefore unreasonable for you to be out of warrenty based on that alone.

File a civil court lawsuit. Its pretty simple
Go to your Civil Court office and tell them you want to sue someone out of state (CIVIL)
Grab that piece of paper they hand you and head over to your State Attorney's office to have it stamped. Afterwards, head ot the post office and send out the notice so that it can be served.

Don't forget to report to BBB
kilo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:59 AM   #40
wayneside
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
wayneside is on the path to ruinwayneside is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
sorry to hear of your troubles with them...i got my redtop from them about two years ago...over 27K miles and its still going good...

good luck with the motor!
wayneside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:35 AM   #41
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonGu View Post
Tell them you're going to file a claim with you CC and then after that you're going to report them to the BBB. See if that doesn't put a fire under their belly. If they are a legitimate business they will care.

EDIT: They don't even have a website anymore, looks like someone already shut them down.
forget the bbb. file a chargeback with your bank, credit card company against the terms they gave you regarding getting a good running used motor, also, find out who the attorney general is for their area, and contact them. Further more contact the department of consumer afairs for that area where the company resides, and file a claim with them pertaining to your situation with this place... in the long run you'll get your money back, and they will get fined, and if you got some dough, sue them... or fly to texas and whoop someone's ass

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:43 AM   #42
1989rps13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (10)
1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1989rps13
search on youtube there is a video of a guy who bought a redtop from jdmengine corp and his motor was shit and they wouldnt refund his money ill try to find the vid !

EDIT:: i found it!!
YouTube - Failed motor swap
1989rps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:52 AM   #43
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by handinpants View Post
forget the bbb. file a chargeback with your bank, credit card company against the terms they gave you regarding getting a good running used motor, also, find out who the attorney general is for their area, and contact them. Further more contact the department of consumer afairs for that area where the company resides, and file a claim with them pertaining to your situation with this place... in the long run you'll get your money back, and they will get fined, and if you got some dough, sue them... or fly to texas and whoop someone's ass
werd.. do what he said. And never trust those guys ever again, i have heard bad things about them before. -w00t for heavy throttle-
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:06 AM   #44
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
people should start reading the dates of posts also
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:26 AM   #45
ZenkiGTS
BANNED

ZenkiGTS is an unknown quantity at this point
another dead post brought back to life haha
ZenkiGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:45 PM   #46
Camo
Leaky Injector

Camo is on a distinguished road
We have picked up 5 engines from them. Everything has always gone smoothly. Luckily we're here in TX so we can just drive up there and hand pick em. Sucks to hear that, always seemed pretty legit to me.

Sittin' Sidways Since 2007
Camo is offline   Reply With Quote