Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:13 AM   #571
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
DUDE, it's a car!! And it runs! Sounds sexy even!

I'm so proud of you. But you need to edit your vids with the thought of "less is more" lol. Epic movies they're not.

*tear* someday, you'll be driving that, and I'll look over to your g/f in my passenger seat and say, "remember when he didn't know shit, and couldn't get it running for the life of him? Yeah... he's all grow'd up now..."

She'll be like... *nom nom nom*

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2009, 02:15 AM   #572
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
hahaha yes, starts every time thanks to you. I honestly think the car is smoking like that because there is too much oil in there. I dunno what inspired me to throw an extra quart in there, but yeah it looks "full" and not in a good way. So I am going to do an oil change as soon as the cat gets here.

Someday.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:12 AM   #573
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
congrats on it starting off the bat my friend...hard work pays off...and u worked u arse off on this one...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #574
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
I still don't see Ganadors on this ugly SR powered car!

And I got a glove box if you need one.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #575
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
hahahaha I will put them on today for you while I am troubleshooting why my power windows don't work anymore.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #576
TheRonTom31
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
TheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheRonTom31
wow. Its cool to see this thing be more than just a pile of metal and tangled wires
TheRonTom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:15 AM   #577
Om1kron
Post Whore!

just in case anyone is wondering which I know you're not, my radiator support is crooked because I stood on it. LOL!

I have a new one at the other house chilling with the new roof skin.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:48 AM   #578
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
just in case anyone is wondering which I know you're not, my radiator support is crooked because I stood on it. LOL!

I have a new one at the other house chilling with the new roof skin.

haha keep hitting that gym
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #579
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
just in case anyone is wondering which I know you're not...
Lol, Am I retarded since I was wondering that?

Dude, this build gave me a headache. I hate wires. Good stuff getting it up and running.

First build thread to be completed?? DONT JINX IT OB1 ugh.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #580
Om1kron
Post Whore!

I still have quite the journey ahead of me. But bodywork is something a lot easier than electrical. you can just hammer shit to get it right, or lay down fiberglass and resin to repair shit.

drill spot welds, measure, weld. viola new frame pieces in.

MANS WORK.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:13 PM   #581
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Aero Party!!!

So I tried to tackle installing the front end today...

I bought the mounting brackets for the front bumper to the fenders, guess I that was a waste of money... obviously since the aero was designed not to use them.

On top of the fact I have no idea where half of the stuff goes since there is no instructions for putting on a kouki front with oem mounting junk lol.

I dragged everything out of the garage and sat all of my nuts and bolts down.

I tried to put these things on this haggard ass temp hood, but they wouldn't fit. I guess that's why they were in my console instead of on the hood. Sanded down the old tape glue residue after hitting the holes with the dremmel.

not fresh, but no mo water in the engine bay.

After fighting with the bumper and getting the fenders all acclimated, this is how the bumper sits, nothing is screws on or zip tied on the sides, although I am contemplating zip ting the ends of the bumper.

The screw retainer things I got don't fit in the fenders, guess the usdm kouki fenders have a bigger one. *shug* Maybe I can find some screw retainers that fit over at lowes.

pretty sweet, ran out of screws and seats. Most of the those last two holes didn't line up exactly either, I didn't feel like making them wider with the dremmel.

here's the passenger side.

well I guess it wasn't a good idea to try and bend this a tad.

Zip Tie Band Aid to the rescue.

The headlight assembly on this side of the car doesn't sit flush like the passenger side for 2 reasons... Well, 3 now.

1. the radiator support is broken on the headlight retainer portion therefore the fender does not sit on it like it is on the passenger side. Thus the corner light doesn't sit in there correctly.

2. The corner light retainer thing on the headlight is broken, so it doesn't retain the corner light...

3. I broke the fucking tab.

Figured while I was out here, might as well replace this dud with the Japanese model I acquired with my jdm s14 radiator support, sitting at the other house waiting to go on.

oh yeah, the oem mounting clip wasn't broken either... SCORE!

So the sides of the front bumper are not even buttoned up, but lets take it for a spin anyway. It's so flush it doesn't really move lol. I have to adjust my idle too while I'm ad it, I think it's set too low.

unfortunately, this is as low as I think I will have the front end for the time being, I don't even see how I'm getting a jack under this car once the sides go on and I use wood blocks. Plus it already scrapes a little in my driveway.

Damn those wheels look fresh!

oh yeah.

Lets take it for a spin 2009-05-15 on Vimeo

told you I'd take it on a drive for you. Didn't say I would have the right gas in it though, my cat still hasn't showed up.

=(
Old 05-15-2009, 08:21 PM   #582
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Ganadorssss!
Old 05-15-2009, 08:28 PM   #583
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yesssssss!
Old 05-15-2009, 11:22 PM   #584
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Lets take it for a spin 2009-05-15 on Vimeo

told you I'd take it on a drive for you. Didn't say I would have the right gas in it though, my cat still hasn't showed up.

=(
How old is that gas? I have ran 87 octane in my SR20DET powered Sentra plenty of times and never had that kind of break up... I am not doubting the 87 octane is a problem but I dont think its the sole cause of it breaking up and not going past 25 mph.... Might want to investigate that, but I could be wrong and our gas rating here could be waaaaaay off lol.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:29 PM   #585
Om1kron
Post Whore!

7-9 months old.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:40 PM   #586
White Comet
Zilvia Junkie

White Comet is making a name for him/her selfWhite Comet is making a name for him/her self
thsi may have been mentioned, but i didnt see it when i went back through the thread, but what exhaust bushings do you have? i want something that will cinch the exhaust up closer to the body.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:47 PM   #587
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Just some generic urethane bushings a member on here sent me. Not sure where he purchased them, but it's like having the circuit sports ones.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:39 AM   #588
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero View Post
Ganadorssss!
What he said.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #589
TheRonTom31
Zilvia Addict

TheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to TheRonTom31
Say no to front fender gap in 09
TheRonTom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #590
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
so are you getting a different hood soon? that hood looks like crap

Last edited by 97nismo; 05-17-2009 at 07:38 AM..
97nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #591
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97nismo View Post
so are you getting a different hood soon? that hood looks like crap
Yes... Masa Motorsports s14 bonnet as soon as I am working again, i'm not trying to waste unemployment on such a stupid purchase.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #592
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSntra91 View Post
How old is that gas? I have ran 87 octane in my SR20DET powered Sentra plenty of times and never had that kind of break up... I am not doubting the 87 octane is a problem but I dont think its the sole cause of it breaking up and not going past 25 mph.... Might want to investigate that, but I could be wrong and our gas rating here could be waaaaaay off lol.
Actually now that I think of it, the engine was breaking up like this before when I had 91 in it, I have a coil pack that has a crack running down the side of it, there is a high possibility that it's the problem.

I'll have to test it out on another sr20 to ensure that is the problem.

Going to smog it this week lol.

wish me luck.

lulz.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:42 PM   #593
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
They put a lot of clear on those CF hoods. You can probably just wet sand out the scratches.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:13 PM   #594
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
They put a lot of clear on those CF hoods. You can probably just wet sand out the scratches.
Trust when I say, this hood just needs to be in the trash.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:34 AM   #595
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

DOn't ignore me!
Old 05-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #596
landins13
Zilvia Addict

landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
dude i love the fact that in half your posts you are commenting about how hot it is, i wish that were the case when i was building my s13, i do most of the major work on my car during the winter so i can drive it the rest of the year and it gets down to about 15 degrees in my garage.

lol we have to come out from under my car every 15 minutes to heat our hands up because they are locking from the cold.

nice build .. a lot of high quility going on , i like it.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #597
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero View Post
DOn't ignore me!

That's all you get right now...

I'm trying to figure out why in the fuck my power windows stopped working long ago. ARG!!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:00 AM   #598
RHD95S14
Zilvia Member

RHD95S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm probably going to look stupid.. but oh well..

what the fuck is this?

RHD95S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:03 AM   #599
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHD95S14 View Post
I'm probably going to look stupid.. but oh well..

what the fuck is this?

It's an ambient temp sensor off of a jdm s14 that had a digital climate control. It's one of the required parts for the digital climate control installation.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:04 AM   #600
RHD95S14
Zilvia Member

RHD95S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ahh ok thanks.. I have that just sitting, because I didn't know wtf it was for.. haha..

Thanks!
RHD95S14 is offline   Reply With Quote