Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:18 AM   #1
zoomswimmer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
zoomswimmer is making his/her stupidity well-knownzoomswimmer is making his/her stupidity well-knownzoomswimmer is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Solidworks Seat Rail Model

Does anyone have any Solidworks Models of S13 seat rails? I'm trying to design one, but am having no luck.

Thanks
zoomswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
teamsprock
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
teamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I can help if you would like. I have an s13 and I have solidworks. If you have dimensions I can model it for you probably pretty quick. Otherwise I can take my seats out at some point and model it up for you.

What's the reason behind wanting a model?
teamsprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #3
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
^^Yea. I'm curious too.

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
stunnaben
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
stunnaben is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Solidworks FTMFW
stunnaben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
zoomswimmer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
zoomswimmer is making his/her stupidity well-knownzoomswimmer is making his/her stupidity well-knownzoomswimmer is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm a Mechanical Engineering Major at the University of Utah and the school started using Solidworks, so that's a part of why I'm seeing if anyone else has been able to do it. The other reason is because I have a seat that I want to install and I think it would be cool to do a whole analysis on a part that is relatively easy to make. (Analysis like FEA, material, etc) Once the analysis is done, I wanted to make it while I still have access to the machining lab here. One problem is I'm not very good at making 3D parts, or if it is even possible in Solidworks to make a part in 3d that has bends or something that would be like sheet metal.

Thanks
zoomswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:53 PM   #6
teamsprock
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
teamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Ahhh the days of being in School. I almost attended the U of U but decided to stay put in Montana. I then ended up living and working for an Aerospace company down in Salt lake for two years.

Since I was once in your shoes and understand your excitement to learn 3-d modeling. I can tell you there is a lot cooler things to design and analyze than a seat rail! But if you want, most aftermarket seat mounts are simply bent tabs of metal ( a 5-second job on solidworks). Your stock seats are more complicated and would be a fun project for solidworks, but I would think you would want to tear them apart to get all the details correct.

Solidworks has a sheetmetal function built right into it so you can build parts and them unfold them flat so you can see what your raw materials would look like. Seat rails are however not sheet metal.

My two cents, start simple and work your way up... design an aluminum shift knob and then go use the lathe.

Have fun, if you need help I will be glad to share my thoughts. I used to sit and design everything on my desk while I sat bored at work.
teamsprock is offline   Reply With Quote