Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-17-2009, 10:17 PM   #1
kenshinS14sks
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
kenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Clear coating zenki headlights

the ever old issue of keeping the s14 zenki headlights clean. . . i usually 1000 grit wet sand, and novus green to seal but it only usually lasts a month or two at best so i decided i want to clear coat them.

Should I clear coat after novus or skip the novus altogether as chemicals under a clear coat may make things funky?
kenshinS14sks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2009, 10:59 PM   #2
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
See as this is a vehicle related thing, on a 240 forum at that, I would imagine this would go in tech. Or chat atleast. Certainly not OT.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Get new headlights.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:23 PM   #4
NMs14.5kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (38)
NMs14.5kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Get new headlights.
i like this guy's thinkin, he's smart. lol get the glass ones too, they are pretty.
NMs14.5kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
DaPCWiz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
DaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DaPCWiz Send a message via MSN to DaPCWiz Send a message via Yahoo to DaPCWiz
why not just throw some clear lamin-x over the lights after polishing them up?

http://blog.dapcwiz.com
DaPCWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
BoostedCoupe
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
BoostedCoupe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
just wax um, it only takes like 30mins to clean them if they are dirty. Or get german glass headlights. Done
Old 12-18-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
JayDee M Rolly
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
JayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really nice
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JayDee M Rolly
before clearcoat, try some plastx. i did 1000 grit to mine to and it just stayed clear yellow but still clean. after that i just kept using plastx once a month and it stays clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
are you an angel? because i want to put my penis in your vagina.
http://yourenotdown.net/
JayDee M Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:09 AM   #8
second_chanceS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
second_chanceS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
the problem is also the inside of the headlights, the inside has dust so even if u sand and buff the exterior, the inside will remain looking foggy, thats because the chrome shit inside the headlights have dust that gives it that dull color. I agree completely on getting the german glass ones, they look way better.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:19 AM   #9
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light
I rattle can cleared mine and it appeared that they yellowed behind the clear?? In other words wasn't happy with em, and seemed like a waste of time. Plus it seem like the clear once dried took away some of the clearity from before, when it was bare plastic. Like mentioned the lamin-x might be an option, and I've seen headlight covers by gts.

I wonder if it's just the elements against the light surface, or if UV plays apart of it.
s13pignose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:59 PM   #10
vtund777
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
vtund777 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtund777
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPCWiz View Post
why not just throw some clear lamin-x over the lights after polishing them up?
x2. I got some clear bra material (ventureshield). I polished my headlamps (compound and then Meguiars plasix) to get rid of the haze and yellowing and slapped the clear bra on. I did this to only one side to test it out. It's been 5 months and the side with the clear bra is yet to even haze or yellow compared to the other headlamp with started yellowing after 3 weeks becuase there's no protection.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:04 PM   #11
kenshinS14sks
Zilvia Addict

kenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to behold
hmmm. . . i was in fear of the whole yellow under the clear coat . so i'll take your guys' advice on the plastx and maybe a clear bra
kenshinS14sks is offline   Reply With Quote