Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
91SilviaCoupe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
91SilviaCoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA considering Garage BOSO

i want to purchase a built KA-T, and have it swapped (daily driver/some track time)
also i want to have my chassis electrical alll redone (my headlights [silvia] are all mickeymoused and i would like to buy some bricks and have my wiring done right)
annnnnd maybe considering paint.. do u zilvians believe i will get a reasonable price quote??? i have no doubt they will do a great job, but i am wondering if its worth it for my daily driver... mainly i want my 240 to be reliable and have some power
91SilviaCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #2
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
NINJASPY is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
if you are too lazy to do 4-6wires on your headlights, don't expect to get a great deal on labor.

expect 60-90 an hour for labor, 120 or more for complicated stuff/wiring. 30 an hour is considered cheap.

some work fast at 90 an hour, do 3hours of work in 1hour.
some work slow at 30 an hour do 1hour of work in 3 hours.

paint? ummm.... paint shop.
NINJASPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #3
91SilviaCoupe
Leaky Injector

well i dont want just the headlight wiring. i want the headlights,signal lights, corner lights,taillights done. the guy who did the silvia conversion had it all mickeymoused [as stated in 1st post] and there are wires and connectors hanging in random spots.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #4
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
you get what you pay for.
also,
there is a reviews section for a reason.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:17 PM   #5
wow-thats-a-cool-car
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
wow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wow-thats-a-cool-car
garage boso is legit as hell but they are not going to work on your car. They are far to busy to do some simple wiring. Just call up a friend and do it your self!!!

And paint...one day paint does a pretty good job!!
Old 01-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
91SilviaCoupe
Leaky Injector

well mainly i want the motor, i guess i could do the wiring with my friends but i figured it would probably be easier to have it done while they are doing the swap...
right now there are just wayyy too many things that are half assed on my car and i would like it done right because it is going to be my daily driver...
Old 01-28-2010, 08:49 PM   #7
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
I can handle your electrical/wiring, and KA <-> KA swaps are very simple. Let me know exactly what you'd like to have done, and the condition of your car now.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #8
91SilviaCoupe
Leaky Injector

hahah u fixed my headlights before =) remeber at dtc !!?
Old 01-28-2010, 11:30 PM   #9
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
did you check out KA-T forums FS section?

Then do it yourself, have Jefe wire it, take it to Shadows or someone for a tune.
Have fun

Its really expensive to have all your work done on these cars.
You kinda have to jump into it and learn as you do it yourself.
And put your money on the tough stuff like wiring, welding,interior block and head builds,timing issues(sometimes), tunes and mapping.
just my 2 cents.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:21 AM   #10
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
I can handle your electrical/wiring, and KA <-> KA swaps are very simple. Let me know exactly what you'd like to have done, and the condition of your car now.
this is who i would use. guy looks creepy but he know's his shit!

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:31 AM   #11
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
he looks like a rapist. jk. jeff is the most legit wiring guy i know. we fly him upto my shop in norcal to do our wiring.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:13 AM   #12
1five10
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
If you can affordthem and have the time to wait on Garage Boso, then go for it. Otherwise, Jeff is a good and reputable alternative.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:06 AM   #13
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
if you want a paintjob my brother could paint your car... 1500 if it's prepped, 2000 if we have to do the prep work. I would highly recommend jeff for your wiring.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #15
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
This thread got waaaaay cooler since yesterday! lol

I forgot that the OP had come by DTC when I was down there and already experienced my wiring magic. We'll get this knocked out when the time comes

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:49 PM   #16
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
^ this guy is mister Clutch!...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:21 PM   #17
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
For motor work, you can also checl out SR Motors right down from Garage Boso. Steve has been tinkering for 240s for years. He does builds and dyno tuning. You should check him out

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:04 AM   #18
kafanylovesme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
kafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kafanylovesme
Can't forget Justin Pawlak's new shop.

Justin Pawlak

He has connects with Sam's Auto Land so you can get it painted there too.
kafanylovesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:40 AM   #19
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
+1 for Jeff's wiring super expertise.

I think you should at least try some of it yourself. It never hurts to try right? Guess and check is how I did a lot of things on my hatch, sometimes it worked out perfect, sometimes I had to ghetto rig a few things. Plus it's a great feeling when you can say you did that, or you know how to fix that. Please try it for the sake of the next generation of 240sx owners...

As for paint, DO NOT DO IT YOURSELF whatever you do. I know you weren't planning on it, but I'm just sayin' if it ever gets in your head, do not do it yourself unless you have someone there that knows there car painting well. Paint really depends on what you want. You can prep it and give it to maaco for like a $200 paint job, but they will paint over bolts, and even exhaust pipes, sometimes overspray on the rims so you gotta be prepared. Or you can go spend $2,000 on a really nice legit paintjob at a reputable shop. Anaheim Hills Autobody is a really good shop, as well as my friend Pete owns a shop in Huntington Beach "Santini's Paint" a lot of big time features were done at his shop.
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:30 PM   #20
91SilviaCoupe
Leaky Injector

alright guys... i think im guna do the motor and turbo with the help of some friends but wiring, definatly jeff. +