Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-12-2002, 10:41 PM   #1
mrfly
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
mrfly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mrfly
Yeah, I really wasn't planning on getting another car anytime soon. I am in college and don't really have the money, or even the time to spend on a different car. Of course I wasn't planning on my friend running into my car. I had actually been putting money into my '91 Sentra. Making it look nice and handle even better. I was pretty proud of it, and loved the litte car. Then I stayed at my friends house, and the next morning he comes inside and tells me, "I'm sorry man, but you need to look at your car." Right then, I knew I would be mad. He hit my car backing up. Starting with the front 1/4 panel, he didn't stop but kept driving, all down to the back of the car. The damage was over $2.2k, totally the car. This sucked and I was pissed. We bought the Sentra from the insurance, and I sold it to my mom so she could have her own car. I figured I would get a Prelude like I had always dreamed of getting. I found one I liked, but I decided to take a look at this 240 i found in the paper anyway. Oh, the second I saw that car, I wanted it. Both the Prelude and the 240 have 140hp, but the torque of the 240 is orgasmic compared to the Prelude. I bought it, my parents were upset, and I am the happiest I have ever been.
mrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2002, 10:47 PM   #2
Bomix
Zilvia Member

Bomix is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool, I'm sure most of us have the same similar stories about our 240's.. we just loved the torque, and the sleek design was something we loved.  Neat car, did the rims come with your car?  have fun posting.
Bomix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 10:50 PM   #3
bing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
bing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
hehe, that reminds me i backed into a friends car parked in my drive way.. we're not friends anymore because i asked him to move and he didnt, i paid for the repain on the hood and his dad got all mad at the body man becasue he wouldnt repaint over the scrathes, well the body man is a good friend of mine, did the whole shot for $300 canadian and when the dad said i should pay for it, my buddy says, "he shouldnt ahve to pay for shit becasue he didnt put the goodamn stone chips there in the first place" he proceeded to swear at the dad and now he's my body man for life...

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 11:16 PM   #4
DJ Machine
Zilvia Junkie

DJ Machine is an unknown quantity at this point
Im still wondering about what my next car will be.

Either
97 on Prelude (least likely
97-98 240SX
93-97 Supra

Definately a supra, unless getting one somehow becomes insanely unrealistic/expensive
DJ Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 11:35 PM   #5
twofortysx
Zilvia Junkie

twofortysx is an unknown quantity at this point
Good call, I'd love to have a Supra. I'd really like a targa TT...

(tim allen) arrggghh arrgghhhh argggghhhh (/tim allen)

(Edited by twofortysx at 10:54 pm on Feb. 12, 2002)
twofortysx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 11:59 PM   #6
mrfly
Leaky Injector

mrfly is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mrfly
Bomix;   yeah, I have TSW 15's fitted with Toyo Proxies that came with the 240 when I bought it. They look good, but I will probably upgrade to 16's or 17's (no bigger than that) in the near future.

Bing; I didn't have to move my car for my friend. He is just a horrible driver. All he had to do was back straight down the road, instead he turned and ran his car down mine. I don't know, all my other friends say he was probably mad at me or drunk. But in reality it is just that he is stupid.

DJ;   I have driven all of those cars. I liked the Supra the best of course. All were very nice however. The Prelude is tons of fun, and has great speed with the VTEC kicking in about 4k. I guess you will have to see what you can find. Here in Spokane the 240, and the Supra are rare, but Preludes are everywhere. I think I am one of seven 240's in Spokane. I love being rare!
mrfly is offline   Reply With Quote