Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:20 AM   #91
mrflip69
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
mrflip69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Haven't watched the remake, but did they keep much of the original score?
mrflip69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2010, 07:12 PM   #92
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflip69 View Post
Haven't watched the remake, but did they keep much of the original score?

The OP and ED songs?
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:46 PM   #93
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
deadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge Noob S13 View Post
The OP and ED songs?
Actually now that I think bout it, the score of when asuka became possessed
and the beginning of the third impact sequence was pretty sick, you got to hear it. oh snap I I said too much

IG Holy_khal
deadghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:42 PM   #94
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
ROFL!!, well they are easy on the eyes. Anyways I notice people here make "gay" comments towards one another does that mean they are gay?
Yes. It's on the internet, so that means it's true.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #95
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
OP to this show is classic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znriE54TogQ
Old 01-29-2010, 08:08 PM   #96
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

deadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the rough
Does anyone know when the movie is going to come out, I cant find anything.

IG Holy_khal
Old 02-12-2010, 10:12 PM   #97
Iron_Zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Iron_Zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
wow I had no idea there was a thread on Neon I love this series everyone else thinks it weird and old i have to say first time a saw the series i was tripped out kind of like how Fooly Cooly tripped me out
Iron_Zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #98
marveezee

marveezee is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to marveezee
i fucking love this movie and anime. the original ending with everyone dead is best. i was glad asuka died.
marveezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:29 PM   #99
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
What I don't understand about Evangelion is this: If so much hangs in the balance, depending on Shinji's mentally unstable ass... why the fuck wouldn't NERV spring for some psychiatric help for this kid?

Seriously. The world would not have ended if this fucker just had a damn therapist.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:26 AM   #100
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
What I don't understand about Evangelion is this: If so much hangs in the balance, depending on Shinji's mentally unstable ass... why the fuck wouldn't NERV spring for some psychiatric help for this kid?

Seriously. The world would not have ended if this fucker just had a damn therapist.
That’s one perspective, I was the same way when I first saw the movie, I was freaking out like if I was a vet reliving a flash back from Vietnam. But I remember watching it again and understanding it. It makes sense because it doesn’t make sense! I gaurantee your going to watch the movie again and try to figure out. Shinjis whole mental break down has to do with the directors break down too at the time. I dont know about you, but the story/plot began to get more intresting when the characters got there mental break downs.

I honestly think seele is in some way part of the angels. I mean there whole agenda with turning mankind into a single orgasm: an ocean of LCL sounds pretty out there. By that point I didn’t know who was who. But keeping the whole backstory with the angels discret benefited the plot.

IG Holy_khal
Old 02-17-2010, 07:42 AM   #101
simmode1
Post Whore!

Yeah, I could only watch the old school movie/series once, so maybe I'll have a better understanding if I rewatch it all. But thats the only thing that makes sense to me: that the goal wasn't merely to save the world by preventing the Angels from achieving 3rd impact, but also to achieve humanity's reversion to the LCL state.

But why? So one one will ever have to experience loneliness or other negative emotions again? Simply to start over?

Oh wait. That does make sense... Shinji becomes God and decides (more or less) to restart humanity from scratch?
Old 02-17-2010, 07:52 AM   #102
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Yeah, I could only watch the old school movie/series once, so maybe I'll have a better understanding if I rewatch it all. But thats the only thing that makes sense to me: that the goal wasn't merely to save the world by preventing the Angels from achieving 3rd impact, but also to achieve humanity's reversion to the LCL state.

But why? So one one will ever have to experience loneliness or other negative emotions again? Simply to start over?

Oh wait. That does make sense... Shinji becomes God and decides (more or less) to restart humanity from scratch?

Hence the whole adam and eve metaphor with asuka at the end. Im confused I thought that they pushing for there own version of third impact. Shit some one explain the whole thing with "third impact".

IG Holy_khal
Old 02-17-2010, 10:11 AM   #103
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadghost View Post
Hence the whole adam and eve metaphor with asuka at the end. Im confused I thought that they pushing for there own version of third impact. Shit some one explain the whole thing with "third impact".
this shit brings me back. this is what the internet thought of NGE back in the 90s. maybe you young kids got new interpretations. but here we go:

there are three versions of the third impact that are possible.

#1 one of the angels merge with adam. the common explanation here is typically mankind being passed over for ascension in favor of the successful angel (hence the angels being failed-alternate life form comment in the tv show), or each person being adjudged based on his own merits. this version of the impact basically never happens.

#2 seele wants to avoid scenario #1 as they are, um, bad, and won't go to whatever good place exists in the eva universe if they are judged as individuals. they want to capitalize on the fact that mankind is generally 'good.' thus, seele wants to initiate the third impact where all people are merged into a single being (instrumentality/complementation project). as a result, mankind (which is good as a whole) is judged as a whole and seele gets to go to the good place.
-(one old theory from the 90s is that the leader of seele is the "wandering jew," hence the mechanical bits you see leftover by him when he turns into LCL. we took this to imply life extension to delay death and damnation.)

#3 someone else initiates the third impact. in the two endings we have so far (tv show and first set of movies), gendou tries, but is passed over in favor of shinji. shinji gets to decide what happens because he has completed the sephirothic tree of life, and him + eva-01 awakened is equivalent to god. gendou doesn't care what happens to everyone else... complementation or not, he just wants to see yui. shinji is of course clueless and figures out what he wants after it happens.

the movie ending differs from the tv show ending. in the tv show shinji chooses complementation and is happy and well adjusted ('congratulations'). in the movie shinji chooses to emerge from the sea of LCL and is rather maladjusted (strangling asuka). not sure if he forced asuka out or if asuka also chose to come out. either way, the movie ending perfects the title "new genesis" quite literally. the tv show ending perfects it more symbolically.

the new movies are clearly not a simple retelling imo. my gut says its an direct sequel off the tv show. besides all the differences we've seen so far, one old theory that supports this is that shinji chose to relive the events of the tv show (as seen by the ghost rei in episode 1 - that would be rei-3 dropping him off back at the beginning).
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #104
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpoopy View Post
this shit brings me back. this is what the internet thought of NGE back in the 90s. maybe you young kids got new interpretations. but here we go:

there are three versions of the third impact that are possible.

#1 one of the angels merge with adam. the common explanation here is typically mankind being passed over for ascension in favor of the successful angel (hence the angels being failed-alternate life form comment in the tv show), or each person being adjudged based on his own merits. this version of the impact basically never happens.

#2 seele wants to avoid scenario #1 as they are, um, bad, and won't go to whatever good place exists in the eva universe if they are judged as individuals. they want to capitalize on the fact that mankind is generally 'good.' thus, seele wants to initiate the third impact where all people are merged into a single being (instrumentality/complementation project). as a result, mankind (which is good as a whole) is judged as a whole and seele gets to go to the good place.
-(one old theory from the 90s is that the leader of seele is the "wandering jew," hence the mechanical bits you see leftover by him when he turns into LCL. we took this to imply life extension to delay death and damnation.)

#3 someone else initiates the third impact. in the two endings we have so far (tv show and first set of movies), gendou tries, but is passed over in favor of shinji. shinji gets to decide what happens because he has completed the sephirothic tree of life, and him + eva-01 awakened is equivalent to god. gendou doesn't care what happens to everyone else... complementation or not, he just wants to see yui. shinji is of course clueless and figures out what he wants after it happens.

the movie ending differs from the tv show ending. in the tv show shinji chooses complementation and is happy and well adjusted ('congratulations'). in the movie shinji chooses to emerge from the sea of LCL and is rather maladjusted (strangling asuka). not sure if he forced asuka out or if asuka also chose to come out. either way, the movie ending perfects the title "new genesis" quite literally. the tv show ending perfects it more symbolically.

the new movies are clearly not a simple retelling imo. my gut says its an direct sequel off the tv show. besides all the differences we've seen so far, one old theory that supports this is that shinji chose to relive the events of the tv show (as seen by the ghost rei in episode 1 - that would be rei-3 dropping him off back at the beginning).
Whoa...whoa..whoa slow down morpheus, let me get this right your telling me that the first scene with rei in the background is intentionally repeating shinji's wish to relive the past events? The tv show shows shinji choosing complementation and is happy? I never understood that, break it down for us? Oh yhea whats the whole take on the angels, I mean are they a abstract representation of some sort? where are they from ( I doubt theres a answere to that)

IG Holy_khal

Last edited by deadghost; 02-24-2010 at 04:17 AM..
Old 02-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #105
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpoopy View Post

This ending seems to fit very well with the rest of the story.
( btw found a pic of all the seele members)

Old 02-26-2010, 05:42 AM   #106
Oilcover
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Oilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Oilcover
wow. just found this awesome thread. my yellow racecar is EVA-00.

I've got one of these on the dash poised with rifle.

MANWOLFS|HotLine|Falken|Exedy|DSTROYR|Factory 83|326power|
Oilcover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #107
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

I dont know if anybody noticed the scene in the series and in the movie. Found it kinda interesting that director chose to warp the scene with asuka and shinji kissing. Find me a anime that will do that!

YouTube - shinji and asuka kiss JPN

YouTube - End of Evangelion Asuka & Shinji fight scene (Renewal)

IG Holy_khal
Old 04-04-2010, 09:20 PM   #108
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

What are your thoughts on the anime and death&rebirth endings compared to End of Evangelion. Are they the same or completly different? IMO it could be

1. Anime and Death&Rebirth was what was going on in Shinji's head while the EOE was what was going on physically.
2. In the Anime and Death&Rebirth endings Shinji accepts instrumentality and in EOE Shinji rejects instumentality.

Also any thoughts on the Death&Rebirth ending?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5W2zbNU_Do
Old 04-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #109
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

The first time I saw EOE, I couldn't get over the chocking of the chicken, and of asuka. I was like "shit this cant be happening, its a F@$@ anime for gods sake, but hey they never do this". I saw it the second time and it all made sense. I didnt so much like the ending but I understood it, and accepted it. And I will even say it was a good ending, this coming from a differnt perspecitive. I liked the whole adam and eve concept towards the end. And how Asuka showed her condolence on Shinji's last step of insanity. But the ending didnt leave so much of a conclusion, you kinda had to figure it out on your own.

IG Holy_khal
Old 04-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #110
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Holy shit theres an Evangelion Super GT car now.

TEAM RUN'A EVANGELION Racing [Æ’GÆ’â€Æ’@ƒ“ƒQÆ’Å*Æ’Iƒ“ƒŒÂ[Æ’Vƒ“ƒO]
Old 04-26-2010, 03:22 PM   #111
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Evangelion is SRZ BZNS

Lawson, one of the largest chains of convenience stores in Japan, has opened an Evangelion themed store on the site of Tokyo-3.
The breadth of goods and theming is so extensive as to be most concisely described through pictures, of which there are a profusion below:

Only for this to happen:
The recently opened Evangelion themed Lawson store has been shut after mere days thanks to a vast horde of young people overwhelming the store.
The event was supposed to last a month but was cancelled after mere days, a victim of its own popularity.
Insufficient parking, excessive noise, too many visitors and the likelihood of even more visitors come Golden Week were given as reasons for the cancellation, with Lawson particularly concerned at the disruption to local residents caused by the huge influx of young adults. Lawson is too polite to mention it, but there is some suspicion visitors were behaving in an inconsiderate fashion.
Lawson probably have themselves to blame for this – their theming was rather good, and the store they chose for the event turned out to be a tiny rural store in the middle of nowhere and barely accessible – hardly the appropriate venue a promotion involving a huge franchise like Evangelion.
There is no word from Lawson as to whether they will restart the event later under better conditions – the level of interest rather suggests a permanent store could be maintained.

Last edited by Touge Noob S13; 04-28-2010 at 01:39 PM..
Old 04-28-2010, 10:20 AM   #112
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Super Gt, now thats something.

IG Holy_khal
Old 04-28-2010, 11:36 AM   #113
simmode1
Post Whore!

That store is insane. And I thought we were marketing lemmings here in the states! Seems like the Japanese will buy anything!
Old 04-28-2010, 01:04 PM   #114
mrflip69
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
mrflip69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Only slightly cooler than the Kwik-E-Mart 7-11s

Entry plug up there looks like it could be used as a tampon applicator...
mrflip69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #115
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

The Evangelion team made its debut at Fuji Speedway finishing 9th in the GT300 class. Pretty good for its first race.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #116
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
J a p a n.
udon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #117
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
they need prettier race queens. esp that asuka. i'd do 'em anyway, of course. just saying.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #118
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Lawson store blew my mind.

Some of that stuff (i.e. the headphones) can be bought from Strapya:

Strapya World - Product Advanced Search Result

I think I'm going to pick up the black NERV iPhone case: (when it's back in stock)

WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:51 PM   #119
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
The Evangelion team made its debut at Fuji Speedway finishing 9th in the GT300 class. Pretty good for its first race.

OMFG IM GOING TO PAINT MY COUPE PURPLE........GREEN....ORANGE....wait I think half the members here beat me to that.

IG Holy_khal
Old 05-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #120
Gizmo_S13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Gizmo_S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I read the Neon Genesis Evangelion Manga when I was in College used to go to Borders and just sit there and read it until my next class started hahahaha Good stuff!
Gizmo_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote