Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-10-2003, 01:15 PM   #1
old_s13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
old_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
G35-C Niceness

Not sure if any of you guys dig the G35, but here's the newest development over here at CC..

http://clearcorners.com/products/infiniti/g35a/H_lamp2/
old_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2003, 01:17 PM   #2
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
woah,that looks SOOOOO HOT!!
love it! great job! owner has good taste
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 01:21 PM   #3
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
nice work man!..looks like teh sex for sure..
Old 12-10-2003, 01:23 PM   #4
HaLo
from Canada, eh!

HaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to HaLo Send a message via AIM to HaLo Send a message via MSN to HaLo
Great work mike!!!!

It's worth a million!!!!
SOLD: 01 GPW Honda S2000
PARTED: 93 Pearl White 240SX LE Fastback w/SR20DET
SOLD: 93 Super White 240SX SE Convertible w/Silvia Front
HaLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 01:27 PM   #5
old_s13
BANNED

Damn you guys are all over off-topic, I didnt expect so many responses let alone so quickly. Actually, I didnt expect any responses at all.

I am kinda torn between the G35 and 350Z lamps, they are both oh so nice:

[img]//clearcorners.com/products/nissan/350ZX3/h_lamp/Image13.jpg[/img]

[img]//clearcorners.com/products/nissan/350ZX3/h_lamp/Image14jpg[/img]

Glad to see the good responses! A LOT of time and work (and money on LEDs) went into these conversions.

- Mike
Old 12-10-2003, 01:31 PM   #6
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
i like G35C much more, personally
i like how it flows..and since its nearly same as Z, i'd rock some Kei Office coilovesr one if i got one..mm brembos...hehe

but a 350z that's decked out is just as hot. too hard to decide....i do like G35C taillamps more, hands down.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 01:38 PM   #7
old_s13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally posted by dousan36
i like G35C much more, personally
i like how it flows..and since its nearly same as Z, i'd rock some Kei Office coilovesr one if i got one..mm brembos...hehe

but a 350z that's decked out is just as hot. too hard to decide....i do like G35C taillamps more, hands down.
The Z33 you see above is pretty decked out in my opinion, HRE wheels, Supercharged, and AP racing big brake kit. A pretty nice setup if you ask me. Plus, it has a nice NISMO kit on it.. just a very clean car.

I will be doing a feature of the new tail lights for the Z33 tomorrow, so wait till I post those.. VERY nice. I am also working on an upgraded tail light for the G35, that will be even more impressive!

As always, I'll be in touch.
- Mike
Old 12-10-2003, 01:44 PM   #8
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
i'd rock the G35C just for the "bling" factor over the 350Z..

can't wait till i have money for nice daily driver...lol... like that will ever happen...
Old 12-10-2003, 03:55 PM   #9
old_s13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally posted by nokeone
can't wait till i have money for nice daily driver...lol... like that will ever happen...
hey man, you gotta keep hope alive. if there is something you want, you must have an open mind because anything is possible.

the G35 is not a super expensive car. even cars that ARE super expensive are attainable, its just a matter of at what COST (in terms of money and stress).l

- mike
Old 12-10-2003, 04:11 PM   #10
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

ONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to ONYX S-13 Send a message via MSN to ONYX S-13
I don't like those lights on the G35..It reminds me of the SC430 lights (Which i can't stand either).
ONYX S-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 04:27 PM   #11
ca18guy
Premium Member

ca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfection
If I had to get a new car it would be a G35c. Those lights make it look even better, good job
ca18guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 05:19 PM   #12
mbmbmb23
Zilvia Contributor

Trader Rating: (1)
mbmbmb23 is on the path to ruinmbmbmb23 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Big up's on both....the OEM "banana shaped" headlights (and spiked tails) are the main things I cannot stand about these new cars....and your lights make these cars look much better.

-m
Old 12-10-2003, 05:31 PM   #13
nocomedown
Zilvia FREAK!

nocomedown has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to nocomedown
all i can say is wow...i've always loved the G35-c, but those headlights are amazing. very "pure" looking, if you know what i mean.
the Z lights are really nice too. if i had either of those cars, id definitely consider shelling out the cash for your lights.
nocomedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 07:23 PM   #14
thelinja
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
thelinja is making a name for him/her selfthelinja is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Well......at least I could afford the lights.
thelinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 07:28 PM   #15
old_s13
BANNED

hey thanks for the good reviews guys, i feel like less of an asshole and dont feel like yelling at anyone anymore.

haha man, you should see the guys on the 350Z forum, they think its all "paint" and have no idea how time consuming it is to do such projects, and how expensive the LED materials are. the 350Z forums are starting to get filled with idiots spending money on vinyl and stickers, REALLY lame.

oh well.. what can you do.. gotta support the purists I guess.

- Mike
Old 12-10-2003, 07:30 PM   #16
Fastback180
Zilvia Addict

Fastback180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fastback180
Ohh man! Those a awesome! You'll probably be getting an order from my neighbor.

And you don't know how much I love the g35......coupe or sedan. I actually had a dream last week that i had to rent a car, and i got the choice of the charcoal g35c.....But i messed up the bumper cover a little bit.

:sigh: i wish we all could be approved for 1.8 APR
Old 12-11-2003, 12:23 AM   #17
WilloW
Zilvia FREAK!

WilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to WilloW Send a message via Yahoo to WilloW
That's hot shit!
WilloW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 07:51 AM   #18
Steeles
Post Whore!

Steeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Steeles Send a message via Yahoo to Steeles
HAHAH Mike you've made me hate you once again! lol both setups look awsome! top notch.

oh and G35C gives the carolina hello to the Z
Old 12-11-2003, 08:10 AM   #19
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
that's sad news about the 350z'rs ... i haven't yet met a single 350z owner that's down to earth. they all buy their cars and put on giant rims, bling bling license plate frames, ricer side lights (oops used the r-word...) etc. alot of them don't even know what my car is... "for real; that's a nissan? sell it and get a REAL car... like mine!"

that light's look great! i'm torn though. on one hand, they shouldn't go out to the masses... it's very unique. on the other hand, if every ricer and their dog runs out to buy these lights (accord g35 front end conversion? :X !!!), you guys will be rich. congrats on a great product
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 09:28 AM   #20
crioten
"buddy jesus"

crioten is making a name for him/her selfcrioten is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to crioten
mike, i love your work!!! for some reason your company seems like its more down to earth, and it shows all through your hard work...i know what you do is very talented, and im glad that you choose to ignore the "ricers" and loosers out there who dont know what type of effort into your work....

i think thats why all of your stuff looks so nice, doesnt have the everday "bling", but yet it is so tasteful....

...man im gonna cry....its.....its.....so purty

-glen

p.s. whats your turn around time for s13 HB tail lights?
I'd rather take the bus with a bus-full of AIDS infected naked rape convicts than drive a VW.
crioten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 10:37 AM   #21
old_s13
BANNED

crioten> mike, i love your work!!! for some reason your company seems like its more down to earth, and it shows all through your hard work...i know what you do is very talented, and im glad that you choose to ignore the "ricers" and loosers out there who dont know what type of effort into your work.... i think thats why all of your stuff looks so nice, doesnt have the everday "bling", but yet it is so tasteful....
-glen
p.s. whats your turn around time for s13 HB tail lights?

Thanks man, thats a really cool compliment. I was just talking to one of my friends who is getting involved with another very popular automotive site that sells products and at the same time, does event coverage and stuff. I was telling him how there are SOME people in this industry who care about selling things because they ADD to a car, not because they make money. Its a really tough thing to balance. Now I know how music artists feel when they are trying to "keep it real" and at the same time, end up doing Coca Cola commercials to make ends meet -- then people call them sell-outs. Its tough to please the hardcore enthusiasts and at the same time, make some cheddar to live and all make bank. Anyhow, turnaround time on the hatch lights vary.. I have a set in stock so I can always use those, that way there is no worry for downtime. Besides, all lights are fully refurbished to look like new, like this:

aznpoopy> that's sad news about the 350z'rs ... i haven't yet met a single 350z owner that's down to earth. they all buy their cars and put on giant rims, bling bling license plate frames, ricer side lights (oops used the r-word...) etc. alot of them don't even know what my car is... "for real; that's a nissan? sell it and get a REAL car... like mine!"

Dude TELL me about it. I mean, you guys know I talk a lot of shit on this forum.. on the other forums, I REALLY try to hold back and STILL, I end up getting involved in small battles with people over stupid comments. Someone asked "when are black housing lamps coming out for the Z" .. I responded "they are ALREADY out." Then he replies "You arent selling a product, you are doing conversions.. why are you shoving down your product down our throat.. you rip people off by selling these things for 800 when it should cost 200." Ugh, its SO obvious some of these new Z33 owners are previous 2000 Eclipse owners. Its a shame, they are ALL into stupid pointless upgrades like "lambo-doors" "angel daylight demon eyes" and 6000k HID bulbs which emit less light than stock (but more blue). GOD help them. Then I get the bad eye for talking shit, hahaha I love it. One guy was all "nah you're an ass, I am not gonna buy from you.. you're rude" -- Man, I hate people who think good businesses are the ones who sugar coat answers and say what YOU want them to say. If someone's car sucks, trust me.. I'll say it. If 6000k bulbs are crap, I SAY IT.

Oh well, back to the grind.. I am currently working on my S13 again.. soon you shall all see my new dual LED sidemarkers (NEWer than the previous ones), my new tail lights (even NEWer than the last ones), and my new signals. I re-worked ALL the lights on my car.. since I've been working on it from scratch.

ps: I drove a Z33 yesterday, fairly impressive. The one thing that amazed me is how EASILY the car turns, the steering ratio is INCREDIBLY tight, feels like a HICAS S13. You definatly feel the short wheel-base, the INSTA-TORQUE, and the wide and fairly sticky stock bridgestones -- not a bad setup at all. Stock for stock, it definately DESTROYS any stock 240SX.. it more or less feels like a 240SX with LOTS of mods though (with boosted SR). My car definately has a stiffer suspension and you can feel the softness of the subframe/bushings as the Z was tougher to control in a slide, it would rebound much more than my car does. I actually got the Z doing some nice drifts up in the canyon, which I rarely do since I dont drift. BUT, the Z has an incredibly snappy back end and all that torque just makes it SO easy to lose control (or drift, pick your word). Since I dont like going balls out on the streets, I dont really use momentum.. i just either over-gas or clutch-pop to initiate my slides.. but either way, the Z is a very very very well designed car. The motor is not the GREATEST, but it feels solid enough to put in a billion cars -- a great way for NISSAN to make profit, as they seem to be doing. Good job NISSAN.

- Mike
Old 12-11-2003, 12:32 PM   #22
Burmonster
Zilvia Addict

Burmonster is making a name for him/her selfBurmonster is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to Burmonster
Those lights look really good. Showed my friend today, I think you will be getting an order coming your way here very soon.

Much respect on making such fine products

Fat girls are like scooters...they are fun until your friends see you riding one.

"Did you ever think that it could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others?"

A -> B
Burmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 01:57 PM   #23
crioten
"buddy jesus"

crioten is making a name for him/her selfcrioten is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to crioten
mike, now when you say your new s13 tail lights, do you mean your 180sx or the regular usdm s13 lights?

have you ever switched the clear and red parts on your current s13 lights? (the one in your post)
I'd rather take the bus with a bus-full of AIDS infected naked rape convicts than drive a VW.
crioten is offline   Reply With Quote