Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 02-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #91
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
It's like saying I wont drink beer again after repeated bad beer over years of trying to get decent beer.
You can skew it how you want, the reality remains. You can't say they all suck after just one. I'm not saying you always need to find the good in stuff, but you need to remain realistic about it.

Oh well. I'm glad I don't worry about police.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #92
ChrisWantsBoost

Trader Rating: (0)
ChrisWantsBoost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
According to my military police training (which, I'm positive is very similar to civilian enforcement)

Minimal amount of force necessary to have the subject cooperate, or apprehend said subject.
Use of force:
1. Verbal commuication
2. Show of Force (Extra officers on scene)
3. Unarmed tatics
4. Police Baton
5. OC spray/ Police working dog
6. Presentation of deadly force
7. Deadly force

In the first video, although, we don't know the full situation, and the extent of the seriousness, the officer still seemed to be unjustified in his use of force.

Now, take into consideration this is Military standards, and not civilian:

An officer can only upgrade their level of force if the lower level of force has failed to accomplish the objective, and may only be increased by 1 level, unless the subject has increased their own level of force, to which the officer may increase their level of force 1 step above the subject for self defence purposes. Ex: If the subject becomes physically aggressive, the officer may then upgrade to his baton, if it is within reason that the officer may need it.

According to this standard, the officer used excessive force to subdue and apprehend the subject. The subject, though, not fully cooperating, was not aggressively resisting. He was neutral from the type the officer attempted to apprehend him. At maximum, the officer may of needed to utilize his baton to aid with the apprehension by creating leverage to pry the subject's arm from his body (I say this because the video does not give a full view of the subject, and the full extent of his resisting).
But, certainly does not give the officer reason to beat the subject.

The use of his OC (pepper) spray is, without needing to even say, unnecessary.
ChrisWantsBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #93
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
You can skew it how you want. . .
The same can be said for you.

Instead of getting defensive because I have an opinion counter to your own why don't you just be a good cop and prove me(and millions of others) wrong.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #94
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
The same can be said for you.

Instead of getting defensive because I have an opinion counter to your own why don't you just be a good cop and prove me(and millions of others) wrong.
You remind me of the guys who will argue for no other reason, than just to argue. Bottom line is, bad cops are an overwhelming minority. Again, thousands of 'good things' happen daily yet we never hear about them. One bad thing, and they are all of a sudden all bad? Having an opinion is one thing; failing to consider the other side is another (you're the later). I've said countless times I'm not in 'blind favor' of all police and their actions...I can accept that there are bad/oppressive ones. But the fact remains that one good police officer doing their job all day will NEVER make the paper. One cop gets out of line, and it's national headlines. I've got no issue with holding law enforcement to a higher standard, but please remember the human element of things. If you expect them all to be perfect because you read/watched about 'their' trainign, you are confused.

You keep this routine of 'there are many who would take their job'...well why haven't you since you're perfect? Not mad/disgruntled/upset...jsut find it overly ironic that the loudest critics are often the least willing to volunteer. Not saying you're less for not, just stating the obvious.

FWIW: You keep sliding my question. What did cops ever do to you? Somethings tells me you tried to be cute with them, and it didn't work out in your favor. I could be wrong, but I could still see you being that way. Again, I'm VERY glad I goto sleep without worry of police coming to 'pick on johnny citizen'...why are you so concerned?

PS: I'm not a cop. I had the wonderful opportunity to meet and greet many freedom fighters in towns you couldn't point out on a map. Trust me, I/We dealt with people who honestly wanted to kill us...but detain them, and they were oh so willing to comply. I guess its' different when the 'police/army' aren't willing to deal with the kidy bullshit like tazers and pepper spray.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #95
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
The fact that I choose not to discuss what has happened to me does not take away anything from my argument, and no I did not get "cute" with any one.

I very much disagree with your overwhelming minority claim. At least in my area.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #96
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
False concensus effect.

Most cops I've met were nice. One cop pulled a gun on me for drifting (stupid on both our parts).

Lesson learned? Don't do wrong and there won't be a valid reason to get in trouble.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:32 AM   #97
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Ok. I'll try to not be brown and drive next time.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #98
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
He Fought The Law And The Law Lost Video
Old 02-23-2011, 07:42 PM   #99
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
I remember seeing this a few years back. I'm curious as to what happened to the cops and the man.

Power to the people!

Unless by power, they mean pistols and "FUCK THE POLICE!"
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #100
ae80siq
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
ae80siq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
damn that's fucked up
ae80siq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:09 AM   #101
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Act respectful and know basically let them know you have knowledge of your rights.
These two things have gotten me off the hook up to 10 times and ive never even seen the inside of a police car.
But there are times when you eventually run into the rookie or cop with just a bad attitude. Learn to deal with people like this respectfully and that helps also

-coming from a person of color
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #102
240o'clock
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
240o'clock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
That whole video is bullshit. The kids potential sentence, that cop that killed that kid and got two years (makes me sick to my stomach), and last the narrator sounds like he is partially retarded.

I guess if you consider partially retarted a guy who is a hispanic news caster and has an an accent. Just because someone isnt from this country and sound 100% totally american style dude doesnt mean hes retarted, just be glad hes doing something positive instead of adding to the gang violence in LA
240o'clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:17 PM   #103
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Seems like a worthy addition to this thread.

Fast Forward to 1:22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPYLG-wOQvE
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:38 AM   #104
Pro ViZIon
Zilvia Junkie

Pro ViZIon is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow that was rediculous.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:37 PM   #105
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

The big white dude is a bitch. He was all ready to yell at a bunch of women but as soon as the cop hit him he went fetal. The chick who got slammed to more of a beating from the cop and stood her ground.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #106
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
I have always been super respectful towards cops when being pulled over. Pulling over to a safe location for the officer to come to the window, shutting off the car, then keeping your hads in plain sight on the wheel can pay dividens. Though I have met a few cops who were 100% power hungry douche bags.

The problem is that the power given to the police tends to be very attractive to people who are power hungry and like to abuse privliages. To be a local cop you pretty much need a highschool diploma and your in.
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #107
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i thought that white dude was a lil bitch too, if i was with someone *could be sister, friend, girlfriend* id honestly try to stop em from fighting .

Cop got the wrong people though, but when your telling someone to stop and they are just yelling like a lil bitch you gotta take action i guess.
But i see a problem with all the people wanting to watch and instigate that fight.

Whats worse is these people probably getting charged for the wrong shit, and you got these people who filmed it, who probably wont go to the PD and show em, but THROW IT ON YOUTUBE, THROW IT ON FACEBOOK. "YO some wild ass shit going down with the PD"
Old 03-22-2011, 01:27 AM   #108
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

The people who filmed it will get sent to the poky for wire tapping.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #109
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
The big white dude is a bitch. He was all ready to yell at a bunch of women but as soon as the cop hit him he went fetal. The chick who got slammed to more of a beating from the cop and stood her ground.
lol Take a few shots from a baton and I'm sure you'd go fetal too

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #110
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
This.

A baton used in the right hands (like a trained officer), can literally shatter bone.
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #111
statickx991
Zilvia Member

statickx991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I'm sorry, but if that was my friend I would have been taking a beating too. I would not have stood there like that and watch my friend get his shit smashed in. Actually the first swing I woulda told one of my other friends to start video taping, and then the other to call some more police. Then I woulda tried stopping that mother fucker. Even if I would have gotten beaten down too. I just could not have stood there like that.

Cops do have dangerous jobs and I'm sure that can put you over the edge. But there is no excuse for some shit like that.
i totally agree with everything you said. im sure hes not on the force anymore lol and prolly didnt even get charged that scumbag. i woulda took his name and find out where.... well u know where im going
Old 03-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #112
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post

I've been hit with one before(one of my cousins is a cop) and all I can say is pain is pain. It doesn't matter what the source is. Either you can take it or you can't.

That amount of pain isn't enough to make me stop defending myself, and going fetal just gets you hit in worse places than the lower leg.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #113
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
This.

A baton used in the right hands (like a trained officer), can literally shatter bone.
Actually it's the other way around. You don't want to strike to break bone. If you hit bone or a joint there is a good chance to break your wrist.

A person trained to use the Baton to armlock or immobilize the person. Striking is only to block and parry a attack. If you are on the ground and they are striking it's a gross over use of force.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:04 PM   #114
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Now look at the video posted above and watch the cop come wading in swing for shins. lol