Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-26-2011, 01:09 AM   #5761
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
I had df210s before, they are good springs, i don't know about them being the lowest non-garbage springs, but they were very legit for the price

buy them, then sell your suspension, and go coilovers anyways. because the AGX's aren't exactly valved for that spring rate anyways. And its really nice to lift the tire without having to life the car 1 foot into the air
Old 04-26-2011, 01:54 AM   #5762
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimiBoi View Post
Ok, I know most ppl on here have tried these rims. Super Advan sa3r 17x7 and 8 staggered in silver or XXR 002 16x8 all around in black. What would my fellow zilvians suggest as far as weight and fitment/looks on a black s13 coupe with lowering springs? Thanks
We all know how i feel about knockoffs so I wont even go into that.
But you should get the Advans for numerous reasons.

1. they look awesome in those sizes on s13's IMO, especially coupes.
2. they are close to generation correct, which is always a good thing.
3. better size than the XXR's
4. WAY less people have advans

The advans are about a pound more per wheel, but they are also and inch bigger. Get the advans and paint them black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathong View Post
Ok so is the tanabe df210 the lowest when it comes to springs? I have kyb agx's and tein camber plates. And was wondering if thats the lowest out there that doesent suck.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Eibach sportlines are the lowest. And in my oinion the best with a spring/strut combo because they are progressive. I have noticed them stiffen up considerably after a few corners.
A lot of people dont like them for some reason but I love mine. and you cant beat a lifetime warranty.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:51 AM   #5763
sqd
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
sqd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My car came with SARD injectors, and they come with new injector connectors right? And now I'm going to run JECS injectors, do I need to revert to stock injector connectors, or can I reuse the ones that I plug into my SARDs?

I don't know how the JECS ones look..
sqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:22 AM   #5764
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
So I have the 300zx brake set up, both front and rear, on my S13. I also have the drum e-brake set up. I have decided to rebuild my calipers since they have gone bad. Question is, can I still run the 300zx e-brake set up with stock calipers/rotors?

I'm pretty sure I can, just making sure.
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:09 PM   #5765
Starfire97
Zilvia Member

Starfire97 is an unknown quantity at this point
so wait, what's the lowest s14 spring? And what would be a good affordable shock/strut to match?
Starfire97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #5766
foxystyle
Zilvia Member

foxystyle is an unknown quantity at this point
In my opinion starfire97, upgrade to some entry level coilovers, could be about the same price range of the optimum shock and strut matches. Thats just my 2cents. I know coils arent for everyone though.
foxystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #5767
foxystyle
Zilvia Member

This question regards to the chase bay ps kit, I just bought this kit but did not opt for the cooler option. One because it was 100$ more, and two because I didnt know if it was nessary. Does anyone have any advice if I need a cooler? and if I do should make my own (buy at summitracing or earls) or just order the cooler of CB? Thanks for your time fellow Zilvians!
Old 04-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #5768
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
You should have done the whole thing yourself for half the price. And actually had real -an lines instead of that clamp bullshit they use.

anyway just buy a cooler from summit, CB uses practically all the same shit. If you google -AN PS/oil cooler you can probably find something just as good if not better for much cheaper. I was gonna buy their kit until I realized that its way overpriced and not that great of quality.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #5769
ShimiBoi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
ShimiBoi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
thanks wakeBHR...im gonna get the sa3r's when my friend is ready to get new rims.
ShimiBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #5770
foxystyle
Zilvia Member

Cool thanks wakebhr, yea I was decieved by the an lines a little too late, I'm not too amazed by the quality of the ps kit either, but gotta learn from mistakes. Ill be looking into summit then
Old 04-26-2011, 07:56 PM   #5771
Starfire97
Zilvia Member

Starfire97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxystyle View Post
In my opinion starfire97, upgrade to some entry level coilovers, could be about the same price range of the optimum shock and strut matches. Thats just my 2cents. I know coils arent for everyone though.
yeah i'd never adjust them, and eventually they'd probably seize up. and then, the best of shocks/struts can be had for the low end of coilovers... im more interested in good quality.
Starfire97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:58 PM   #5772
terribleone

terribleone is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi guys,

I have an S13 on tein type He and I'm maxed out on my ride height, So for the front since I don't have any more room i tought about removing 2 of my 3 colars. But for the rear I tought about loosening the rear springs but I'm scared that's gonna bring the handling shitty. So my question is : anyone tried to loosen the spring in the rear to go a bit lower... I mean I know that you adjust your ride height this way with some coilover but they are built this way..... If so how was the handling? was still driveable? Did you dammage the shock since it's suposed to work on a certain lenght?
terribleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #5773
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
So I was doing my research and I couldn't quite find the answer or the affirmation of what I was looking for; the closest thing to the answer that I seek was in this very very old thread on FA: Z32 Brakes on Stock s13 Rims? [Archive] - FreshAlloy.com Forums

Anyway, what size spacers will I need to fit Z32 brakes (both - 26mm or 30mm) with my SE wheels? I don't know if my SE wheels are the good or bad design.
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:05 PM   #5774
SoCalDrifter
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
SoCalDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
i was wondering im going to be changing my clutch this weekend with a new clutch and flywheel is there any bolts i need to torque to a certin torque also any tips or things i should know will help... will be for my s13 KA thanks
SoCalDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #5775
Urbanfer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Urbanfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Urbanfer
Need help... I'm pretty new at this but I'm learning alot! I just got mugen steering wheel by itself. What other parts will I need to swap out my original wheel and how do it do it? The person who gave it to me said the parts are cheap but I don't know what they are to install it. Thanks in advance!
Urbanfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:09 AM   #5776
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
You need a hub, and a quick release if you want that. You can get them on almost any mailorder website. NRG sells the cheapest ones I believe, if you want to go that route.

Last edited by zombiewolf513; 04-27-2011 at 02:22 AM..
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:14 AM   #5777
JDMgravy.
Leaky Injector

JDMgravy. is an unknown quantity at this point
Guys, what brand/are these headlight covers called, can never remember. Pretty sure theyre brick type headlights with clear lenses instead of the patterned glass?

Thanks!!
JDMgravy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:55 AM   #5778
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Circuit Sports S13 Silvia Headlight Covers [ HLC-NS13-GD ] - Enjuku Racing - Performance Parts and High Quality Fabrication

You're welcome.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:05 AM   #5779
vboy720
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
vboy720 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vboy720
Quote:
Originally Posted by terribleone View Post
Hi guys,

I have an S13 on tein type He and I'm maxed out on my ride height, So for the front since I don't have any more room i tought about removing 2 of my 3 colars. But for the rear I tought about loosening the rear springs but I'm scared that's gonna bring the handling shitty. So my question is : anyone tried to loosen the spring in the rear to go a bit lower... I mean I know that you adjust your ride height this way with some coilover but they are built this way..... If so how was the handling? was still driveable? Did you dammage the shock since it's suposed to work on a certain lenght?
i think you ment, you want to tighten the rear spring, thus making it shorter. It will make your car ride like shit, and when i say shit, i mean hella bouncy. Even with a little to much preload(tightening collar against the spring) it will bounce, so doing it to the point you make the spring shorter will be insane hoping, and very quick way to ruin your coils.

get new coils.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:11 AM   #5780
vboy720
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
So I was doing my research and I couldn't quite find the answer or the affirmation of what I was looking for; the closest thing to the answer that I seek was in this very very old thread on FA: Z32 Brakes on Stock s13 Rims? [Archive] - FreshAlloy.com Forums

Anyway, what size spacers will I need to fit Z32 brakes (both - 26mm or 30mm) with my SE wheels? I don't know if my SE wheels are the good or bad design.
all you need:
The Definitive 300ZX Brake Swap Paqe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanfer View Post
Need help... I'm pretty new at this but I'm learning alot! I just got mugen steering wheel by itself. What other parts will I need to swap out my original wheel and how do it do it? The person who gave it to me said the parts are cheap but I don't know what they are to install it. Thanks in advance!
you gotta be effing kidding me, a mugen steering wheel? do you wear a lakers jersey, with celtics shorts? either burn your car and keep the wheel or vice versa.

but since you asked: you need a steering wheel adapter hub, and some kind of quick release kit.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:25 AM   #5781
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vboy720 View Post
you gotta be effing kidding me, a mugen steering wheel? do you wear a lakers jersey, with celtics shorts? either burn your car and keep the wheel or vice versa.

but since you asked: you need a steering wheel adapter hub, and some kind of quick release kit.
Haha, outstanding. That's my new sig for the next week. In my opinion, you should keep your stock wheel, sell the mugen wheel on a ricer Civic forum, and use all of that money on a cheap set of used coilovers.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:53 AM   #5782
vboy720
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
Haha, outstanding. That's my new sig for the next week. In my opinion, you should keep your stock wheel, sell the mugen wheel on a ricer Civic forum, and use all of that money on a cheap set of used coilovers.
i mean, if you haven't learned what "Mugen" is from gran turismo, forza, intial D, or ebay. You are not ready for zilvia.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:41 AM   #5783
terribleone

terribleone is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
i think you ment, you want to tighten the rear spring, thus making it shorter. It will make your car ride like shit, and when i say shit, i mean hella bouncy. Even with a little to much preload(tightening collar against the spring) it will bounce, so doing it to the point you make the spring shorter will be insane hoping, and very quick way to ruin your coils.

get new coils.
Well in fact, I ment to loosing the spring by like dropping the the two callar about 1/2'' to an 1'' so the spring become loose between the collar and the ''top plate'' so when I bring the car back on his weight the car just gonna go a bit lower.

But like you said it's probably better to get shorter spring.

Thanks for the answer.
terribleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:51 AM   #5784
Thug Life
Leaky Injector

Thug Life is an unknown quantity at this point
when ka-t is removed can you just plug your oil feed line hole with something and keep that oil pan??
Thug Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #5785
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Quote:
i mean, if you haven't learned what "Mugen" is from gran turismo, forza, intial D, or ebay. You are not ready for zilvia.
I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you're saying.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #5786
bluuuurr
Leaky Injector

bluuuurr is an unknown quantity at this point

can anyone tell me what kind of headlights are on the zenki?
bluuuurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #5787
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
I actually went through that already and it doesn't explain whether SE wheels would fit or not. If it helps anybody, I have 30mm calipers.

With that said:

REPOST: So I was doing my research and I couldn't quite find the answer or the affirmation of what I was looking for:

Anyway, what size spacers will I need to fit Z32 brakes (30mm) with my SE wheels? I don't know if my SE wheels are the good or bad design.

EDIT: Added a picture of the back of the wheels so that somebody may chime in and help me out:

Last edited by zooopreme; 04-27-2011 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: Added picture of wheels
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #5788
Jonathong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Jonathong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluuuurr View Post

can anyone tell me what kind of headlights are on the zenki?
Looks like the clear covers on those headlights. Circuit sports make em for a really good price. Im gonna go that route once i have the cash for it. Looks really nice

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
Jonathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #5789
SoCalDrifter
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
SoCalDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDrifter View Post
i was wondering im going to be changing my clutch this weekend with a new clutch and flywheel is there any bolts i need to torque to a certin torque also any tips or things i should know will help... will be for my s13 KA thanks
can anyone help me?
SoCalDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:28 PM   #5790
srstan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
srstan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDrifter View Post
can anyone help me?
read the fsm. it will have the torque specs for the flywheel and the pressure plate. other than that its a pretty straight forward job.