Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 08-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #61
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
One of the worst fits in a long time IMO
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2011, 03:17 PM   #62
Sideways570sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Sideways570sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Two biggest douches in the game. 250k on a one night bar tab? U gotta be fucking kidding me. Straight slapping everyone in the face. Making me feel worthless lol Well i am a lil right now haha
Old 08-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #63
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontxploitme View Post
i agree the cd isn't as good as i expected from them but i still love it. i would assume collab cd's would be hard to do though since there will always be different opinions on everything. someone name a better rap collab cd.
dj quik & kurupt - blaqkout 2009. Tho its more mature west coast and wasnt really as mainstream as jay z and kanye. and
Old 08-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #64
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Meth and red - Blackout (99)
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #65
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
dj quik & kurupt - blaqkout 2009. Tho its more mature west coast and wasnt really as mainstream as jay z and kanye. and
Wait, there.
Austin, you're connected to me on FB, you can READILY speak to my lack of coastal bias, you see all the DJ Quik I post

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #66
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
That is funny because they sound exactly the same.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #67
Wake
Premium Member

I had no idea you like DJ Quik, Phlip.

he is one of my oldest faves. I didnt mean anything personal about your east coast bias. i just know (directly from you) that you prefer east coast.

Had nothing to do with Pac either lol. I dont feel the way i do about tupac solely because of his music. He meant a lot to me for some reason, maybe the intelligence or the similar upbringing (bay area, BPP affiliated, educated). But I honestly dont really know your opinion on the guy other than the few small questions i have asked.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-17-2011, 06:06 PM   #68
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Jay-Z plus R. Kelly sucked too. Can't think of a better one of the top of my head buuuuuuut....

It's Confirmed! Drake and Lil' Wayne Will Be Doing a Collaborative Album! - on desihits.com

SHOTS FIRED!

On second thought... Best REAL Hip Hop collaboration CD, IMO?

Mos Def & Talib Kweli on BLACKSTAR and Talib Kweli with DJ Hi-Tek as Reflection Eternal with Train of Thought. Game over, young buck.
Blackstar is head and shoulders better than whatever the fuck Weezy/Drake will come out with.

I'm just glad no one is bringing up the Blueprint III. I am EXTREMELY biased towards the Black Album, and compared to that, BPIII was not good in the least.

As far as this Watch the Throne album? Meh. Average.

I will keep my opinions as to whom I think is better than current JayZ and Kanye Zest to myself.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #69
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Kanye Zest... lol! Imma have to use that one!
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #70
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
I stole that from Phlip.

Also, I find Watsky to even be better than Kanye now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E80Nb...&feature=feedu
Old 08-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #71
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
i agree the cd isn't as good as i expected from them but i still love it. i would assume collab cd's would be hard to do though since there will always be different opinions on everything. someone name a better rap collab cd.
Quote:
Jay-Z plus R. Kelly sucked too. Can't think of a better one of the top of my head buuuuuuut....

It's Confirmed! Drake and Lil' Wayne Will Be Doing a Collaborative Album! - on desihits.com

SHOTS FIRED!

On second thought... Best REAL Hip Hop collaboration CD, IMO?

Mos Def & Talib Kweli on BLACKSTAR and Talib Kweli with DJ Hi-Tek as Reflection Eternal with Train of Thought. Game over, young buck.
Jay-Z and Linkin Park. Fanstastic album (although short).
Old 08-17-2011, 10:36 PM   #72
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
As I have recently discovered there are still small amounts of good music being made.

You just have to wade through the dubstep and bigsean/drake clones that mtv is putting out. or just listen to MTV jams for hours at a time until they play 1 good song, then go find the album.
Or go through the Indie Feed Hip Hop podcast list. TONS of good shit there.

Quote:
Btw I'm talking about mainstream
There's your problem. Mainstream stuff tends to lack the heart and creativity of lessen known stuff.

Quote:
someone name a better rap collab cd.
See below.
Quote:
Mos Def & Talib Kweli on BLACKSTAR.
That x1000.

I've never been a big Jay Z fan, though I did enjoy some of his earlier work. I've always disliked Kanye. The way he raps bothers me, and his attitude as a person is just plain shitty. As for the Drake and Weezy collab... I'd rather light firecrackers in my ears than suffer through that.

But what do I know? I'm a 26 year old white guy that grew up listening to punk and metal, and now spend most of my free time listening to 80s hip hop, early 90s gangsta rap, and new hip hop made mostly by white dudes from Minnesota and Rhode Island...
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #73
Wake
Premium Member

Big ups to atmosphere listeners.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #74
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Also, fuck JayZ for dropping Lady Sovereign from Def Jam for absolutely no fucking reason.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:04 AM   #75
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero983 View Post
Also, fuck JayZ for dropping Lady Sovereign from Def Jam for absolutely no fucking reason.
Cuz she is white.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #76
koukidriver
Zilvia Member

koukidriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to koukidriver
Not kool,mang ^^^
koukidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:04 AM   #77
Antihero983
Post Whore!

She's British though.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #78
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
She's British though.
I think the accent is a dead give away.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #79
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
I think the accent is a dead give away.

Her teeth too, lol

And I write too!
Old 08-18-2011, 11:05 AM   #80
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Remember back in the late 90's when you spent a lot of money on a video and people thought it was cool? Like the Victory, and that Busta video with Janet? Lot has changed.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:11 AM   #81
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Her teeth too, lol
Old 08-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #82
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Remember back in the late 90's when you spent a lot of money on a video and people thought it was cool? Like the Victory, and that Busta video with Janet? Lot has changed.
Mainly two things have changed:
  1. The quality of the music as a fan you tended to forgive an expensive video if it was on an album on which the artist didn’t dumb down their talents.
  2. The unemployment rate as a fan you didn’t feel fucking insulted when someone took a plasma torch and sawzall to a $375k automobile in the face of your fruitless job search.

And I write too!
Old 08-18-2011, 11:25 AM   #83
Antihero983
Post Whore!

1. Her teeth aren't that bad.
2. Her following album, as she was left to her own devices, was TERRIBLE. Had she still had influence from Mike D (Beastie Boys) and/or JayZ, it have been far better.

Purtaining to the video comment....

1. Forever was a pretty damned good song, Otis is not.
2. What Phlip said.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #84
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Quote:
I stole that from Phlip.

Also, I find Watsky to even be better than Kanye now.

Watsky- Show Goes On (Lupe Fiasco mini-mix) - YouTube
seriously? this sounds horrible.. if he was another ethnic, no one would care honestly. no emotion in his delivery, he sounds dull and get borred listening to it. Wheres the melody? Kreashawn has more vibe then this. he reminds me of andy milonakis, and mtv gave that fuckface a tv show before.. fuck it, mainstream is lost lol
Old 08-18-2011, 07:13 PM   #85
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Ghostface Killah: “Watch The Throne” (Album Review) « Raps&Hustles

(if you believe this is really Ghostface, I have some ocean front property in Kansas I want to sell you)

And I write too!