Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:13 AM   #1
VilanKapot1o3

Trader Rating: (0)
VilanKapot1o3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 240sx Tranny Swap

Im planning on getting an 240sx hatch, but the only nice ones that i could get are automatic. how much would everything cost if i change the tranny to manual? i tried searching, but couldnt find anything. Thanks!
VilanKapot1o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2011, 04:31 AM   #2
xDsKuba

xDsKuba is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xDsKuba Send a message via MSN to xDsKuba
Depending on how easy it is to get your hands on parts it should cost somewhere around $300 to even $600. Good luck. Shouldn't be too hard.
xDsKuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:41 AM   #3
VilanKapot1o3

how much would the labor cost to get it done? would it be easy enough to do it yourself or i go to a shop that does it..how much it would it usually cost parts + labor?
Old 07-03-2011, 05:41 AM   #4
JeKyL
Zilvia Junkie

JeKyL is an unknown quantity at this point
im in pomona if you really need help let me know asap txt me at 909.201.9278, theres 50% off at a junkyard and i know they had 4 s13s 3 of which were manual your looking at around 200-300 bucks for everything including transmission if you go this route, and ill even do the conversion for you for 100 bucks
Old 07-03-2011, 06:12 AM   #5
xDsKuba

xDsKuba is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xDsKuba Send a message via MSN to xDsKuba
^ sounds like a great deal right there. =] its pretty easy to do it yourself. I had my brother help me on taking off the auto tranny and lifting up the manual tranny. Pretty easy if you read over and over on how to do it and if you know what you are doing.
xDsKuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
VilanKapot1o3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeKyL View Post
im in pomona if you really need help let me know asap txt me at 909.201.9278, theres 50% off at a junkyard and i know they had 4 s13s 3 of which were manual your looking at around 200-300 bucks for everything including transmission if you go this route, and ill even do the conversion for you for 100 bucks

ok sounds good.. ill keep your number when i pick up the s13 and get the money for it. i dont have the car yet so yeah. you dont live too far from me. i live in west covina.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #7
JeKyL
Zilvia Junkie

Ok well the parts might be more expensive at a later time, and I'm not to far from you, pomona is next to walnut and walnut is next to west covina I can come to you
Old 07-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #8
VilanKapot1o3

Quote:
Ok well the parts might be more expensive at a later time, and I'm not to far from you, pomona is next to walnut and walnut is next to west covina I can come to you
how much would it cost? cuz im barely getting the car and i wont have excess money till my next pay or so.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #9
JeKyL
Zilvia Junkie

your probably looking at around 400, you can probably find stuff for a bit cheaper on craigslist as far as clutch pedal little bs parts dont worry about the break pedal that can be cut so you can save some money, the most expensive part is the transmission
Old 07-03-2011, 11:23 PM   #10
VilanKapot1o3

Quote:
your probably looking at around 400, you can probably find stuff for a bit cheaper on craigslist as far as clutch pedal little bs parts dont worry about the break pedal that can be cut so you can save some money, the most expensive part is the transmission
yeah i wouldnt really know any of those things. would you be willing to meet up one time and helping me out or something? i just bought the 240.. i just need to know how much money to save up for it.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:36 PM   #11
VilanKapot1o3

Quote:
yeah i wouldnt really know any of those things. would you be willing to meet up one time and helping me out or something? i just bought the 240.. i just need to know how much money to save up for it.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:39 PM   #12
JeKyL
Zilvia Junkie

since your in covina, i go to the friday night covina meets at the home depot plaza on azusa by the big baseball stadium, it starts at 9 but people dont go until about 930-10 ish, if you want ill be there and we can talk more about it there is also a thread for the meet which you can post on its in this same section
Old 07-04-2011, 03:27 AM   #13
VilanKapot1o3

Quote:
since your in covina, i go to the friday night covina meets at the home depot plaza on azusa by the big baseball stadium, it starts at 9 but people dont go until about 930-10 ish, if you want ill be there and we can talk more about it there is also a thread for the meet which you can post on its in this same section
I live across from that place. i see car meets there all the time. ill try to make it, but i dont think my 240 is nice enough for that yet.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:38 AM   #14
JeKyL
Zilvia Junkie

It doesn't matter how nice or bad your 240 is its a 240 meet regardless as long as your an enthusiast its all good I rolled in 2 pos 240s there before its no big deal
Old 07-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #15
VilanKapot1o3

Quote:
It doesn't matter how nice or bad your 240 is its a 240 meet regardless as long as your an enthusiast its all good I rolled in 2 pos 240s there before its no big deal
ayt forsure. i was wondering also.. i just got a problem with the 240. while i was making a sharp left with the car.. the dashlight and climate control light suddenly turned off and wont turn back on. do you happen to know whats causing this?
Old 10-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #16
kholistics23

kholistics23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to kholistics23
Quote:
i was wondering if there is anyway you could help me out also. i just picked up 1990 240sx hatch and its automatic. im trying to convert it to a manual tranny. is there anyway you can help me? i live in the west covina area. thanks.
kholistics23 is offline   Reply With Quote