Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-16-2012, 12:17 AM   #31
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
or you could always just wait and use that money on a down an the fr-s/brz
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2012, 12:19 AM   #32
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
lude4life13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbarsuglia View Post
I thank all of you for your input and I didn't not end up buying it. I am happy with my decision. Thanks guys!
Being happy with your decision is the most important thing. One thing I can tell you, though, is when you eventually do find yourself in a Kouki you will never want to have anything else lol.
lude4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:25 AM   #33
chriskilla2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
chriskilla2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lude4life13 View Post
Being happy with your decision is the most important thing. One thing I can tell you, though, is when you eventually do find yourself in a Kouki you will never want to have anything else lol.
word i daily mine. its clean.. i would only trade for cars that i cant afford
chriskilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:08 AM   #34
zbarsuglia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
zbarsuglia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
i have one.. but it was built by the previous owner. now i want a project of my own, but i cant find a clean stock SE kouki
zbarsuglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:22 AM   #35
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
i believe swayray is selling his kouki, my friend just bought amandas s14.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:04 AM   #36
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbarsuglia View Post
i have one.. but it was built by the previous owner. now i want a project of my own, but i cant find a clean stock SE kouki
It is really hard. I have a 96 converted with a salvage title. It sounds bad but it is one of the cleanest ones out there IMO. The entire front end was replaced with OEM nissan parts (bumper/radiator supports included), there is no frame or structural damage whatsoever, and it is mechanically perfect. All stock except for coilovers and a few other suspension parts.

I am not exaggerating when I say I get compliments from people EVERYWHERE I go. Car meets, the store, the mall, anywhere I go it breaks necks . Even people that have no idea what it is compliment me. Out of the 8 cars I have had this is by far the greatest. At first I was hesitant to pay what I did for it but now I feel like I got it for a steal and it would take A LOT for me to ever sell it.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #37
JSimpson
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (15)
JSimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
i love how people think 97-98s are "rare" as if nissan made some super special version. they slowed down production due to financial woes and dollar vs yen prices. i dont have my production figures in front of me, but they made a shitload of 95-96. so besides bumpers/hood/fenders, whats so fucking special about the 97-98? oh, thats right........ NOTHING.

fucking idiots

edit: i never cared much for s14's anyway. not bad looking, but nothing really special either. i swear, too many boy racer wannabees think of slapping some INGS+1 kit and call it a racecar.
You're the "fucking idiot" here in that you cant understand they made less than 4800 '97-'98 S14s. Thats not a whole lot. Thus 15 years later they are pretty damn rare and pretty damn special.
JSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #38
Stooman

Trader Rating: (3)
Stooman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
For some reference, I paid 6k for mine last November.
SE, Auto, 117k miles. Clean interior, minor bodywork.
Only mod was front 300zx brakes.

Big +1 for traveling to find a better deal. Stalk the shit out of Craigslist.
Stooman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:30 AM   #39
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSimpson View Post
You're the "fucking idiot" here in that you cant understand they made less than 4800 '97-'98 S14s. Thats not a whole lot. Thus 15 years later they are pretty damn rare and pretty damn special.
People who don't like them themselves will never understand. There will always be buyers willing to pay high dollar for them if they are looking for one. No use arguing with people about it.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #40
zbarsuglia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
zbarsuglia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
thanks for all the input guys i found one last month. 98 kouki 5 speed 140k miles jdm aero other than that all stock for 6500.
slapped my nardi deep corn and bride zeta 3 in there, now its time for wheels and coils
zbarsuglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #41
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
It is really hard. I have a 96 converted with a salvage title. It sounds bad but it is one of the cleanest ones out there IMO. The entire front end was replaced with OEM nissan parts (bumper/radiator supports included), there is no frame or structural damage whatsoever, and it is mechanically perfect. All stock except for coilovers and a few other suspension parts.

I am not exaggerating when I say I get compliments from people EVERYWHERE I go. Car meets, the store, the mall, anywhere I go it breaks necks . Even people that have no idea what it is compliment me. Out of the 8 cars I have had this is by far the greatest. At first I was hesitant to pay what I did for it but now I feel like I got it for a steal and it would take A LOT for me to ever sell it.
you're 21. you go to car meets and malls, you get complimented by others your age. based on my own personal experience, it doesnt take much to impress a 21 year old.

for shits and giggles, tell us your list of previously owned cars and what you're comparing a 240SX to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSimpson View Post
and you my friend, are from indiana.

people from indiana think rota wheels are rare. they also consider miller light, good beer.

for fun, why dont you tell us what is so special about the 97-98 vs the 95-96. besides aesthetics, what major changes were made to these years and why are they so special? being a 240SX owner since 1996, I can tell you that they werent special then and they still are not special. Do I like them? Yes. Would I want one? Nope.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote