Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #31
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
AWESOME.

First I hear that a new DBZ movie is coming out in 2013

Now I hear that Initial D is coming back?!?! YES.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #32
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Damn. 2012 and 2013 are shaping up to be good years to be into anime. I had a feeling a DragonBall revival was being planned ever since they released this a few years ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDwn4kjmHs
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #33
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
wasn't Keisuke's FD heavily modded the last couple episodes ? like full kit, different rims and more power ? why is the vid of him racing the r34 showing his car back to the old setup ?
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #34
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
That clip is from an earlier race that was never shown during the show.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #35
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
very surprised with this announcement

but I wonder how many seasons it will be and how they will end it seeing as how the manga has been trudging along at the same snails pace for years
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #36
Smurf_240SX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Smurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Smurf_240SX
It's about time!

FS OEM RB25 PARTS
Smurf_240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #37
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
Found takumi's new car

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1343943695538.jpg (75.8 KB, 70 views)
Old 08-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #38
gusisboosted
Zilvia Addict

gusisboosted is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboiblaze View Post
id rather more wangan midnight
after reading this... i youtubed it....

dude thanks.
Such an amazing show.
Never liked initial D too much, never really gave it a chance with all the intense techno sessions.

but wow man that wangan midnight show is just on point.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #39
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I didnt like wangan midnight too much, Initial D gave you that sense of rivaly/competition that I just didnt feel in Wangan midnight.. of course tho I watched wangan midnight when it wasnt even subbed very good at that time.

I got tired of the Initial D arcade games though
Old 08-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #40
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I wanna see Takumi and Bunta go at it.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #41
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
I didnt like wangan midnight too much, Initial D gave you that sense of rivaly/competition that I just didnt feel in Wangan midnight.. of course tho I watched wangan midnight when it wasnt even subbed very good at that time.
I agree. Wangan Midnight's story just wandered aimlessly. They have no goals. They just want to be highway racers forever and ever. And some of those storylines were infuriatingly retarded. Like the guy with the glasses that built the R33 claiming the highway racing was inherently superior to circuit racing... WTF?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverarrow27 View Post
I wanna see Takumi and Bunta go at it.
What? Again? Takumi would just get whooped like he did last time. He hasn't advanced enough to give Bunta any problems or even make him worry, IMO. now, if Takumi had legitamately beat that Godhand racer guy... Maybe then.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #42
Weedm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Weedm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i bet 3/4 of the people in this thread are asian
Old 08-02-2012, 11:47 PM   #43
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #44
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky_180 View Post
Found takumi's new car

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Seems legit!
Old 08-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #45
dawagarage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dawagarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
dont get me wrong, i enjoyed reading/watching/playing initial D
but i just enjoyed watching wangan more. im sure part of it was that
i discovered wangan a little after having bought a 280z. i liked the technical
side of it, not necessarily the wangan aspect as im against street racing aha.

ratsun: dawa (73 datsun 620)
clublexus: properD (97 sc300)
dawagarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #46
DJ-of-E
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
DJ-of-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Damn. 2012 and 2013 are shaping up to be good years to be into anime. I had a feeling a DragonBall revival was being planned ever since they released this a few years ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDwn4kjmHs
That and actually spending money and time cleaning up Dragon Ball Kai. Seriously, the pace of Dragon Ball Kai is what is should be and not like before where it takes 15 episodes and 3 planets later just to charge up a fireball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn View Post
its not "DRIFT" tax its a "IDIOT" tax Period!
DJ-of-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #47
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I agree. Wangan Midnight's story just wandered aimlessly. They have no goals. They just want to be highway racers forever and ever. And some of those storylines were infuriatingly retarded. Like the guy with the glasses that built the R33 claiming the highway racing was inherently superior to circuit racing... WTF?!?
That show didn't have a chance from the jump. It wasn't animated well, the story was WEAK, and overall it didn't draw you in for more. I kept watching, hoping that it would pick up...

...Nope...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:29 AM   #48
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
You'd think someone would make a solid attempt to fill the void in the auto enthusiast market for manga and anime.

Both Initial D and Wangan Midnight are pretty weak. The car stuff is on point but everything else is hit and miss.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:08 AM   #49
Kouki_monstr
Zilvia FREAK!

Kouki_monstr is an unknown quantity at this point
Dragon Ball Z-Movie-8-Broly The Legendary Super Saiyan-Part-1/5 - YouTube

old but still my favorite dragon ball z movie

97 Kouki- Third times a charm Instagram@Koukimonstrr
Kouki_monstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:16 AM   #50
sparkyS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
sparkyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
after a long wait..
Old 08-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #51
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedm View Post
i bet 3/4 of the people in this thread are asian
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Spool View Post
It's not racist, just a stereotype

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
You'd think someone would make a solid attempt to fill the void in the auto enthusiast market for manga and anime.

Both Initial D and Wangan Midnight are pretty weak. The car stuff is on point but everything else is hit and miss.
I agree with this. I enjoyed some aspects of Initial D and some aspects of Wangan Midnight, but both of them just seem to drag out each episode almost to the point where it gets kind of boring. I'm curious as to where it will end up at the end? Is there an actual goal? Does Takumi go pro eventually? I only see the storyline ending abruptly after they do the same thing over and over. Hopefully I end up being wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #52
simmode1
Post Whore!

At least Initial D has a goal in mind: Beat the best mountain racing teams in Japan in preparation of taking the pro-racing world by storm. Wangan Midnight just wants to highway race forever. They don't care about careers, girls, their own kids or nothing! It's kinda funny how stupid it is.

And I'm not asian. What kind of damn sense did that even mean?
Old 08-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #53
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Sooooo How about getting moving to actual racing?

<<<<Herra Asian right here.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #54
Kouki_monstr
Zilvia FREAK!

Kouki_monstr is an unknown quantity at this point
For the record, im not asian as well.. Looks like your stereotype is off

97 Kouki- Third times a charm Instagram@Koukimonstrr
Kouki_monstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #55
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
I'm only 1/4 asian, so suck it.

This is probably my favorite part of the whole series. Literally held my breath the first time I saw it. I'm a total fanboy for Keisuke's RE A'd FD, minus the whole yellow thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6PZuHjwWsQ

You silly ninnies stop complaining and just be glad we're getting new content. If they wanted to be more realistic, it'd consist of waking up, going to school, dragging through the work week, eating ramen and hot dogs, and blowing the rest of the minuscule paycheck on parts and gas. I don't wanna see my high school/post-high school life relived.

The animation and car models were pretty good in the last series, excited to see the visuals for the new stuff they're cooking.

Last edited by LoneStarSilvia; 08-08-2012 at 06:40 AM..
LoneStarSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #56
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post

You silly ninnies stop complaining and just be glad we're getting new content. If they wanted to be more realistic, it'd consist of waking up, going to school, dragging through the work week, eating ramen and hot dogs, and blowing the rest of the minuscule paycheck on parts and gas. I don't wanna see my post high school/post-high school life relived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #57
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Personally I think the story of a guy scarping everything he has together to try and make it as a circuit racer could be great.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:49 AM   #58
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
You have no idea how happy this has made me. I still go through the series at least once a year because I love it so much.

YAY!

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #59
Outlaw13
Leaky Injector

Outlaw13 is an unknown quantity at this point
i honestly would not mind tak changing his car. the true point was to show that tak is able to tackle any opponent with the 86 but now that the cars have much more to give i see him changing car. before, you saw tak upgrade his attitute then upgrade his car now he has completeley changed his attitude so its only reasonable he change his car. imo
Old 08-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #60
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
i'm not familiar with 4th stage. i think i may have watched it once out of order or sporadically so i don't remember the details of what cars he goes against. i remember he faced a miata and a bunch of civics and integras with the rx7 competing against all the high horsepower cars.

isn't his car kind of capable for what he deals with and that racing engine? i know he's still running a 1.6L motor, but it's not some ordinary corolla ecobox motor. that thing pulls 240 ponies and still in his light weight well balanced car. do you guys think he needs a car with upwards of 300+ hp and more modern suspension technology or just a new car to keep things interesting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote