Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Media Forum / Pictures / Videos

Media Forum / Pictures / Videos Forum dedicated to media, such as pictures and videos.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #391
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Everyone was going wild with the airplanes, goddamn it was annoying. None flew anywhere close to the racing line though, since it dropped down into the infield in front of the grandstands.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #392
Howie Felter Snatch
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Howie Felter Snatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
^+1. All three mustangs in competition either crashed or spun (Vaughn Gitten). I cant stand Gitten or JTP so Irwindale was a great event regardless of who won.
AMEN to that!

Watching POS 'merican muscle cars bury themselves deep into a concrete wall makes me stiff like a rock.

I also enjoyed watching Walker suck absolute asshole with that V8 under his S13. Should have stayed with the SR20DET buddy; he was consistently doing so much better with that setup last year. Oh well, gotta sell out someday eventually..
Howie Felter Snatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #393
e2blade
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
e2blade is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to e2blade Send a message via MSN to e2blade Send a message via Yahoo to e2blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie Felter Snatch View Post
AMEN to that!

Watching POS 'merican muscle cars bury themselves deep into a concrete wall makes me stiff like a rock.

I also enjoyed watching Walker suck absolute asshole with that V8 under his S13. Should have stayed with the SR20DET buddy; he was consistently doing so much better with that setup last year. Oh well, gotta sell out someday eventually..
I flipped tables over with my boner
Old 10-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #394
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I dont have an issue with V8 swapped cars (and do not want to start a debate about it in this thread). I just cannot stand the American cars in formula drift.. American boats (camaro), and the mustangs shouldnt be in the competition. Its kind of the same scenario as the diehard NASCAR fans who die a little inside seeing Toyota's racing on the circuit.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #395
Slims
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Slims is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
except with NASCAR, nothing is stock. the cars are all custom frames, the only thing that resembles what brand the car is, it the engine used. Im also glad to see something other then a V8 in FD after Powers gave up his KA-T to run one.
Slims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #396
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
I dont have an issue with V8 swapped cars (and do not want to start a debate about it in this thread). I just cannot stand the American cars in formula drift.. American boats (camaro), and the mustangs shouldnt be in the competition. Its kind of the same scenario as the diehard NASCAR fans who die a little inside seeing Toyota's racing on the circuit.
I'm the opposite. I love the American muscle represented but hate the V8 swaps.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #397
xoxide
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slims View Post
except with NASCAR, nothing is stock. the cars are all custom frames, the only thing that resembles what brand the car is, it the engine used. Im also glad to see something other then a V8 in FD after Powers gave up his KA-T to run one.
It was just an analogy...
Old 10-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #398
drift2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
drift2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
whether we pro or cons on the V8 motor, LS Motor are more reliable and affordable in US, in Japan SR, RB, 1J-2J are more affordable, if we watch drifting in Europe, they put M5 motor in S chassis, because its affordable there.
drift2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #399
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
i personally like the diversity. need more FD's and supras and big saloon cars too. I like the new camaros and the mustangs as long as they look bad ass. I think this formula D was probably the most exciting season to watch.

let me remind you guys that daigos 1200 hp 2jz never left the car for the whole season, meaning it was reliable as Fuh. only problem was the ignition problem in irwindale traced back to some fouled plugs and a rain damaged HKS DLI box.

Can you believe that 1138 whp was dynod right before irwindale. for a whole year no probrems.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #400
xoxide
Post Whore!

Didnt they have fuel issues at vegas to? I could be wrong but I thought I read something about that.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #401
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Probably... Vegas is killer on fuel systems. The fuel gets so hot running back/forth to the engine while waiting, we've actually seen it boiling inside the fuel cells on a couple cars. Just about everyone runs some sort of fuel cooler for Vegas.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #402
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvtisupra View Post
i personally like the diversity. need more FD's and supras and big saloon cars too. I like the new camaros and the mustangs as long as they look bad ass. I think this formula D was probably the most exciting season to watch.

let me remind you guys that daigos 1200 hp 2jz never left the car for the whole season, meaning it was reliable as Fuh. only problem was the ignition problem in irwindale traced back to some fouled plugs and a rain damaged HKS DLI box.

Can you believe that 1138 whp was dynod right before irwindale. for a whole year no probrems.
You know how much that engine cost to build?
The tranny alone is a down payment on your first house 15 years from now.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #403
xoxide
Post Whore!

And im fairly positive he didnt just load it up in the trailer and the roll it back out the next event, being good to go...

From what I read on Garrett's facebook page he was sending in the turbo for rebuild (or getting a new one) after each round, and im sure the maintnence did not stop there.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #404
drift2010
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
And im fairly positive he didnt just load it up in the trailer and the roll it back out the next event, being good to go...

From what I read on Garrett's facebook page he was sending in the turbo for rebuild (or getting a new one) after each round, and im sure the maintnence did not stop there.
Yup! And those engine parts are hard to find and expensive, in other hand those guys with LS motor can get most of the part at Pepboys, Autozone or auto part shop around the corner.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #405
drift2010
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
True that LOL, i love Ericcastro.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #406
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
15 grand?

2JZ - YouTube
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #407
mulinmoua
Leaky Injector

mulinmoua will become famous soon enoughmulinmoua will become famous soon enoughmulinmoua will become famous soon enoughmulinmoua will become famous soon enough
^^^^Lmao have to have 10 characters to post.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:39 AM   #408
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
smh ya'll basic

show me where it says they were rebuilding the turbo after every race ?

we caught that he wasn;t running a oil restrictor in atlanta but thats all i can think of

oh yah and that motor cost

2JZ Engine Parts - Brian Crower 2JZGTE 3.4 Liter Stroker Kit

have the machining done and build the block yourself

and that hollinger transmission was used from a jgtc car and was bought off yahoo japan auctions for a lot less than you think. That transmission is actually weaker than a geforce 4 speed tranny.

All in all cheaper than you think to build a 1200 hp engine. We had fuel problems with robbies car. Not sure about daigos. Go figure a weldon pump wasn't sufficient in providing enough E85. We swapped out to https://radiumauto.com/index.php?p=p...id=76&parent=0

and problem solved. Even with fuel starvation and ignition problems on robbies car motor was untouched for a whole season. Even the turbo was untouched. robbies motor is actually a 2jzge block that came in the craigslist chassis. you can find 2jzge blocks with blown headgaskets for 300 bucks.

Robbies motor is a similar build same turbo, running stock manifold, different cams and dry system for nitrous and made a good 850whp. Only problems we had with robbies car was blowing up diffs and 2 axels. The trd diff is a street/track diff that wasn;t up to the task and overworked the axel from one tire fire. OS Giken rear diff. Problem solved.

So yah if you do the work yourself
i'd say no more than 7k for the engine if you paid retail and did the assembly urself. You don't really need much suspension modifications. Ur simple knuckle cuts using the stock arms and or battle version arms and ur basic BC coilover set up or in daigos case the more exotic DG5 and ikeya formula.

Anyone know how much it cost to build an ls or ford motor to make 850 whp?
Old 10-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #409
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Anyone know how much it cost to build an ls or ford motor to make 850 whp?
I've inquired Texas Speed about building me a 427ci 700 rwhp pump gas setup I've seen them provide for Corvette guys. It was the entire new long block, bored, stroked, forged rods/pistons, heads, cam, valvetrain, fully assembled in house and shipped to me. All I would have to provide is the accessories (pump, alt, pulleys, gaskets, etc). Price came out to roughly $9000.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #410
dustin213

dustin213 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

He is running the BRIAN CROWER 3.4L stroker kit w/ the BC0312 cams and valve train.
dustin213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #411
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2010 View Post
Yup! And those engine parts are hard to find and expensive, in other hand those guys with LS motor can get most of the part at Pepboys, Autozone or auto part shop around the corner.
You do realize, he lives in Japan, not US...
Old 10-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #412
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
You do realize, he lives in Japan, not US...

Also, they have USDM 2jzgte's and toyota still stocks these parts. !

Also a lot of the sc300 parts swap over. Oh did I mention Autozone lifetime warantee on parts !!!! YES !

But really, what are you looking to change on a 2jz. The internals are aftermarket sold by a US based company. Accessories are readily available at any autoparts store. The hardest thing to source is a RHD steering rack. But we found a guy in atlanta that had 2 of them, so we have spares. Also we learned how to rebuild the seals on the racks
Old 10-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #413
xoxide
Post Whore!

The way you're talking has me interested... Are you the mechanic for the Achilles team or what?

Just curious since you keep saying we did this, we do that.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #414
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

I helped in the assembly of robbies car, tiny bit of sheet metalling and maintenance at the track and . I wouldn't say mechanic, we all just do what we can. Last few events I have been spotting.

PSI guys built robbies motor and did the radium fuel system.

Daigo's car was built in japan. When he crashed Gary at design craft fabrications was in charge of the rebuild of the rear carriage and arms. Masuda, we call him M&M, the guy that was by daigos car all the time was his pit crew. He's arguably the hardest working crew member in formula D. All we really did was help him change tires. David who is the engineer of the team was robbies head mechanic. I was suppose to be the mechanic for Amandio but he only ran 2 events the whole season

Gary, Pete and Ben did most of the fab work on robbies car as well.

Pretty much we're just a bunch of friends helping out. All of us have our day jobs so the countless hours that we spent with these cars was just on our spare time.

So yah, when people act like its some gods gift to make 1200 hp or how technologically advanced these cars are, I get defensive because there isn't anything special with building these cars. There isn't much to hide, anyone ask what we're running we don't hesitate or hide anything. What it boils down to is talent and hard work.

and ofcourse we had a lot of help from a lot more people, the list is just way too long.

Also, people like to bring up the fact that daigo's running a 20k transmission, well it was used and the tranny isn't even built for that power in mind, and i don't think he has a spare. So he drives it pretty gingerly. Watch the in car videos on youtube. Honestly I don't even think there is much of an advantage over the Geforce transmission that you can really bang into gear.

Anyways with that said look for them next year which car will daigo bring ?

QUICK WORD WITH ROBBIE NISHIDA & DAIGO SAITO | HPS Silicone Hoses Blog

Quote:

Actually for whatever reason, the rig stayed on the east coast for the 3 events atlanta florida and jersey, so most of the maintenance was done no more than a week in advance at host shops that were nice enough to let us use their space.

I don't know what next year has in store, but I am excited for mainly for robbie because that SC300 was in its development stage. The car kept blowing racks in Atlanta and the car had ingition problems that weren't sorted till after jersey. All these problems have been solved ::knock on wood:: So hopefully robbie can put together a clean season. This is my second year working with robbie ( last year with the yellow 240sx) and he's never really had a solid car since the Hankook 350Z (in which he ripped hard), so yah I'm super excited to see how he'll do next year.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #415
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
My favorite part.

Daigo: I dont know yet. A lot of people have been asking me to bring the IS so I am still deciding.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #416
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
He should bring his chaser.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #417
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
He should bring his chaser.
Hmmmm Dominate in the Chaser or look super badass pimp in the IS?
Old 10-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #418
Flip2Flow
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Flip2Flow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Flip2Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #419
xoxide
Post Whore!

I would love to see the chaser in person. However that IS is equally badass.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:50 AM   #420
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip2Flow View Post
That was his 2011 FD Asia car right?

I'm talking about his 2012 IS340