Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-01-2001, 03:19 AM   #1

I was just wonderin..... I am going to start next summer and complete an entire fiberglass body  for my 240  (s13 hatch)and change the design a little (like front end, side skirts, rounded door ends....... But then i was thinkin if others would be interested in obtaining a casting from me when i get it complete. i know this is premature since i wont be starting it till next year (working an a couple sculptures that im casting right now), but I am wondering about the interest out there for a product like this and might buy more materials to make more than just a mold for me.
Does anyone think there is interest. it would shave off many pounds off the car instead of having metal panels.
i am in the process of aquiring materials from plastics companies right now so knowing alittle info now would really help in getting things cheaper.

Also, would anyone think that a kit complete with instructions and materials and easy to use molds would be better to sell for people to do themselves. Im thinking that #### if you get in an accidet or hit a speed bumb or run over a pig it would be so economical to just make a new part for yourslef instead of buying say a front end for 600 again to replace the old part. THis is only for bad accidents where fiberglass repair is not an option.

comments would be apprecited

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2001, 04:05 AM   #2
Arcane
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Arcane is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i might buy one off of you if it looks alright ...and when i see some pics installed of course...
Arcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 11:05 AM   #3

Oh yeah i know.....when i get it done. It will mainly look stock since its the molds will be taken directly from the original body...itll just be tweaked a bit depending. I just want a fiberglass body becasue the amount of weight that will be taken off the car, it purely for performance. But it will fit just the same as the regular panels.
Old 12-01-2001, 11:22 AM   #4
jay
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
jay is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unless you are going to put a roll-cage in that thing and use it purley for racing I wouldn't do the whole fibergalss body. Our cars are small enough as it is, I would rather have steel in between me and another car than just carbon-fiber. Just my .02 though.
jay is offline   Reply With Quote