Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Silver Mine Motors

This thread is a small review of a good company that probably dosent get as much credit as it should. Silverminemotors.com
Silver Mine Motors

This is mostly a pictorial review of one of their products that i purchased recently and the customer service i received. I am not writing a review of the actual functionality of the parts i bought and while some people would love to share other options to the parts in this thread, please show some respect and make your own thread about where you got them from and not clutter this one. Thanks!

So i ordered their stage 3 BBK kit for the 240sx mostly due to its price and it was what i wanted in regards to the expected braking performance. Prior to this their wasnt a review of the company or any of their products in regards to the 240sx so took the plunge i did on it.

I paid 470.00usd for the front kit w/shipping. Can be found here.

240sx front stage 3 big brake kit - Silver Mine Motors

During the process the owner and operator of the business answered all of my questions and even answered a phone call in the butt crack of the morning on a Saturday (my mistake, forgot time difference). The website was easy to navigate as well and email contact before, during and after shipping was constant and professional.

The product itself was for an s14 or s13. It included refurbished LARGER calipers from another car, slotted and drilled rotors, SS lines, brake pads and necessary hardware for the install. The calipers were refurbished calipers from another car and the refurbishment process seemed to have been done through a company called CentricParts.

WELCOME TO CENTRIC PARTS - Centric Parts

They did a good job to say the least. The calipers and rotors are considerably larger than stock and the ss lines seem to be of good caliper.

Hmm alright i seem to be straying from the point.

So after purchase shipping took 10 days from california. Pretty good i think. All in all im happy with the transaction and would definatly do business with this company again.

Also if anyone wants any other details about the parts i can upload more pics and give a better description. For sub 500usd for this kit, i think it was well worth the money for those wanting a really good upgrade for a street driven vehicle. Thanks to Edan Vhadt!

Old 02-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
bansheeracer2003
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
bansheeracer2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
I have also bout a few bbk from Edan at silver mine motors
I got a bbk kit for my 260z a couple years back, and lately got a kit for my s14 track car

im local so meat up with him to pick up the kit and showed him my car, answered all my question
really nice and helpful guy

Good PRICES! WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIM AND BUY FROM HIM AGAIN
bansheeracer2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
e5s4y
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
e5s4y is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
uhh...are those just q45 brakes?