Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-31-2013, 01:21 AM   #31
4nmscle
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
4nmscle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
you do not need to be giving tuning advice to anyone. jesus christ.

edit: too fucking late. don't listen to this asshole, the maf doesnt 'adapt' for shit. that guy's running a mismatched halfass tune and is asking for trouble all over.
Are you fucking stupid? Research a fucking rom tune dumb ass. You don't have to change a JWT ATALL for ANYTHING except injectors or specialties like launch control and speed limit.

How much power does your shit box make there champ?
4nmscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2013, 01:23 AM   #32
4nmscle
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
you do not need to be giving tuning advice to anyone. jesus christ.

edit: too fucking late. don't listen to this asshole, the maf doesnt 'adapt' for shit. that guy's running a mismatched halfass tune and is asking for trouble all over.
Goddamn you have got under my skin punk. Please show me one FUCKING PAGE that says you have to retune for ANYTHING except injector or maf change. JWT and Enthalpy dont even ask what turbo you run. They ask OCTANE, INJECTORS, AND MAF. That's it. So stfu and post up some numbers big boy. I'm anxious to see how your ride stacks up.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:23 AM   #33
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

OrangeVirus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I didn't want to say, but Relying on the maf to tune "any part" is asking to get your shit blown up. Don't list to that guy at all. Mafs freaking suck, they are are 0-5volt and can only give the ecu "loads" depending on the voltage. guess what.. if you max it out at 5 volts.. the ecu won't correct any further even though it might be getting way more airflow.

Maf's read airflow, and air temp ( if it has an air temp sensor ) and the ecu controls Fuel trims and timing based on load calculations from the maf among other things.

Another thing, the maf doesn't Doesn't compensate anything for weather.. The maf Doesn't do shit except send the ecu a voltage reading. the ecu does all the "compensating." and the Ecu relys on the intake air temp sensor to adjust timing for cold weather...

a hot summer day and bad gas, with the right tune you shouldn't have a bad day. the ecu can and should properly compensate for any knock detection.
and About the summer to winter MAP readings.. we are talking very minimal Kpa differences.. not very noticeable at all unless you live in high elevation.

and mafs can be EASILY tricked. the voltage is based on velocity of the air, and it is very easy, just by placement, orientation, pipe diameter size etc to trick a maf.

If you swap to a bigger turbo and hope your maf compensates and you don't have to retune.. chalk it up as a loss.

as long as the injectors stay the same...because as long as the fuel trims are right, then the tune is spot on? you're retarded.
OrangeVirus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:24 AM   #34
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
lets make more threads of the same topic !!

IG - allen.kerose
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:26 AM   #35
4nmscle
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVirus1 View Post
Yeah I didn't want to say, but Relying on the maf to tune "any part" is asking to get your shit blown up. Don't list to that guy at all. Mafs freaking suck, they are are 0-5volt and can only give the ecu "loads" depending on the voltage. guess what.. if you max it out at 5 volts.. the ecu won't correct any further even though it might be getting way more airflow.

Maf's read airflow, and air temp ( if it has an air temp sensor ) and the ecu controls Fuel trims and timing based on load calculations from the maf among other things.

Another thing, the maf doesn't Doesn't compensate anything for weather.. The maf Doesn't do shit except send the ecu a voltage reading. the ecu does all the "compensating." and the Ecu relys on the intake air temp sensor to adjust timing for cold weather...

and mafs can be EASILY tricked.

If you swap to a bigger turbo and hope your maf compensates and you don't have to retune.. chalk it up as a loss.

Yea mafs suck. Thats why every fucking factory car on earth is produced using them. Orange virus I know your car is a fucking pile so don't even start. I'm still waiting on even a picture from either of your two clowns showing your half assed shit.

I can post my receipts for $12k under the hood right now and we can see who has their green paper right.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:28 AM   #36
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyKid View Post
Ok, so he's wrong. Why Nistune over the others?
Nistune supports real time editing and map tracing. The software's easy to use, and if you do proper research (as in, not making a thread like this), you can learn to tune yourself. At least I'm assuming you're capable. I come from a background in computer programming, I have a very aggressive desire to learn how systems work, and I'm moderately intelligent.

There's no waiting on mail-order tunes which are always rough tunes and only serve as a starting point for a vehicle. With rom tunes, every time you make a significant* change, you need to retune which entails burning endless roms if you do it yourself. With Nistune you cando it yourself in real time.

*here significant includes but is not limited to, changes in injector size, maf type, blowthrough / drawthrough changes, turbo type, octane used / e85 if applicable, cams, piston compression ratio, cylinder bore, headwork, intake / exhaust manifolds used, etc etc etc etc etccccccc
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:29 AM   #37
4nmscle
BANNED

Chalk it up a loss... LMAO.

My 6th turbo. Mitchell Racing built shortblock. From s15 t28 to precision t2 gt30, to 2871, to PTE 5858, to 6262, to a 6266 still going hard.

What the fuck are you driving again Virus. A 250hp pile of shit? Amirite??
Old 03-31-2013, 01:30 AM   #38
4nmscle
BANNED

OP, look up Codyace's setup. If you want 400hp then point proven. /thread
Old 03-31-2013, 01:30 AM   #39
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nmscle View Post

My 6th turbo. Mitchell Racing built shortblock. From s15 t28 to precision t2 gt30, to 2871, to PTE 5858, to 6262, to a 6266 still going hard.

try again dude. my Shell is a pos, but under the hood, I think I'll take you
I have plenty of $$ under my hood too you.

I'm just going to say this, if you Choose MAF over MAP for boost tuning, when you have the option to use MAP, you're a fucking retarded retard from retard land.

and if you think Cars are being made with MAF's for performance.. you're a fucking retarded retard from retard land. they are making them for MPG because you can get very accurate airflow readings when it is setup correctly and with perfect readings + 0/0 STFT/LTFT you get good MPG OMFG

Because guess what happens when you hit 5 volts on the MAF... uh oh ECU is blind
and another thing.. change the injectors your tune is useless, change the maf your tune is useless.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:32 AM   #40
4nmscle
BANNED

[QUOTE=Frank_Jaeger;5204521 With rom tunes, every time you make a significant* change, you need to retune which entails burning endless roms if you do it yourself. With Nistune you cando it yourself in real time[/QUOTE]

Please show me one ROM company that asks for turbo used.. This is absolutely retarded. Cams, bore size, exhaust??? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?? REALLLY???
Old 03-31-2013, 01:33 AM   #41
4nmscle
BANNED

Quote:
try again dude. my Shell is a pos, but under the hood, I think I'll take you

I'm just going to say this, if you Choose MAF over MAP for boost tuning, when you have the option to use MAP, you're a fucking retarded retard from retard land.

Because guess what happens when you hit 5 volts on the MAF... uh oh ECU is blind

HAHAHAHAHAHA really? IDK what the fuck you are talking about you stupid mofo. My shit goes 6.60's in the 1/8...

Can you read that for me? 6.6's in the 1/8!! Ten second car bitch. Keep trying...
Old 03-31-2013, 01:33 AM   #42
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Are you fucking stupid? Research a fucking rom tune dumb ass. You don't have to change a JWT ATALL for ANYTHING except injectors or specialties like launch control and speed limit.

How much power does your shit box make there champ?
JWT is psychic and can provide a spot on ROM tune for your setup without being severely overly conservative from hundreds of miles away? Do you care about the longevity of your engine? Maximum performance? Neither? Then again, why bother when you can just throw 12k under the hood, am I right? Who gives a shit if you're not utilizing all of your power and get a shitty spool because your maps are all off. Show us the receipts.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:36 AM   #43
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

You've never had to retune?
Old 03-31-2013, 01:37 AM   #44
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA really? IDK what the fuck you are talking about you stupid mofo. My shit goes 6.60's in the 1/8...

Can you read that for me? 6.6's in the 1/8!! Ten second car bitch. Keep trying...
OMFG in the 1/8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Do you even own a wideband? or know what a wideband is..

what AFR's you run in boost.. sorry Air to fuel ratio.. Or Lambda.

How much timing are you running at full boost @ redline?

What is your KR ??

How are you tuning for quicket spool up? lean Wot or rich wot + advanced or retarded timing?

you don't fucking know tuning noob.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:39 AM   #45
4nmscle
BANNED

Edit. Fuck it.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:41 AM   #46
4nmscle
BANNED

Quote:
OMFG in the 1/8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Do you even own a wideband? or know what a wideband is..

what AFR's you run in boost.. sorry Air to fuel ratio.. Or Lambda.

How much timing are you running at full boost @ redline?

What is your KR ??

How are you tuning for quicket spool up? lean Wot or rich wot + advanced or retarded timing?

you don't fucking know tuning noob.
Do you really think I'm using a factory fucking knock sensor to record knock on a factory ecu you fucking idiot.

11.4 in boost..

Just shut the fuck up virus. Just get the fuck out of here. You are a fucking idiot man.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:41 AM   #47
FourtyKid
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
FourtyKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger
Quote:

Originally Posted by FourtyKid

Ok, so he's wrong. Why Nistune over the others?

Nistune supports real time editing and map tracing. The software's easy to use, and if you do proper research (as in, not making a thread like this), you can learn to tune yourself. At least I'm assuming you're capable. I come from a background in computer programming, I have a very aggressive desire to learn how systems work, and I'm moderately intelligent.

There's no waiting on mail-order tunes which are always rough tunes and only serve as a starting point for a vehicle. With rom tunes, every time you make a significant* change, you need to retune which entails burning endless roms if you do it yourself. With Nistune you cando it yourself in real time.

*here significant includes but is not limited to, changes in injector size, maf type, blowthrough / drawthrough changes, turbo type, octane used / e85 if applicable, cams, piston compression ratio, cylinder bore, headwork, intake / exhaust manifolds used, etc etc etc etc etccccccc
Yeah I have some programming experience and I'm very good with computers so I'm sure I can figure it out. So now I'm looking at Nistune vs Nismotronic. Which costs less with everything I'll need? (Just wondering, not influencing my decision)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nmscle
It doesn't matter what everybody drives, they're answering a question; only their knowledge on the subject matters now. Go watch The Fast and the Furious.

Posted from Zilvia.net App for Android
Old 03-31-2013, 01:41 AM   #48
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

Congratz dude. 14k$ in mods and you Don't even know shit about tuning. Your car is probably seeing so much detonation and the ecu is retarding timing like hell just to keep the rods from blowing holes in your block.

LOL 11.4 in boost now i KNOW YOU ARE RETARDED
LOL 11.4 in boost now I KNOW YOU ARE RETARDED
LOL
Old 03-31-2013, 01:42 AM   #49
4nmscle
BANNED

Edit. no longer worth it. Too many mouth breathers.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:43 AM   #50
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

11.4 in boost.. Please go fucking learn how to tune
Old 03-31-2013, 01:44 AM   #51
4nmscle
BANNED

11.4 afr in boost....

Goddamn you are stupid son of a bitch man. I give up. You win. Just shut the fuck up.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:44 AM   #52
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

yes dude 11.4 in boost YOU ARE RETARDED GO LEARN HOW TO TUNE.

Trying to richen it up to prevent knock because you don't know how to really fucking tune?

or just too dumb to know AFR's for power in boost?

or just choose 11's because google told you too?
Old 03-31-2013, 01:46 AM   #53
4nmscle
BANNED

ITS A GODDAMN ROM TUNE. I DON'T DO ANYTHING TO IT MOTHER FUCKER!!!

Please you fucking pro tell me what your afr is in boost. Please god tell me.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:47 AM   #54
4nmscle
BANNED

Go learn how to tune.... Jesus christ this proves your a fucking inbred mouth breather.

It is a ROM TUNE. get it that time? It is a ROM TUNE.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:48 AM   #55
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Scan the receipts. It's pretty fucking obvious to anyone you don't know what you're talking about. You expect tuning companies to produce PROPER tunes with nothing more than generic injector and universal maf data. You fail to grasp why setup dynamics can't simply be divulged over an email to be factored into a tune. I'll give you a hint, just because it can't be done effectively doesn't mean it's not important. You seem to think it's a good idea to spend an alleged $14k in parts only to get a base rom tune that's given to everyone with your same basic paramters. I really hope you're lying your ass off, for the sake of your setup.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:49 AM   #56
4nmscle
BANNED

Your right Frank. Some how with me being the only person on earth to buy from JWT, they are still in business. You are right my friend. Carry on.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:50 AM   #57
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

Quote:
ITS A GODDAMN ROM TUNE. I DON'T DO ANYTHING TO IT MOTHER FUCKER!!!

Please you fucking pro tell me what your afr is in boost. Please god tell me.
because you don't know god damn shit about tuning and rely on a little fucking chip to do the "tuning" for you.

Tune for 12.4-12.6 AFR @ full boost. Richer than 12.0 is wasting gas, leaner than 12.6 elevates cylinder temps too much.

Go fucking learn how to tune before you tell someone how to fucking tune.

OP don't listen to shit 4nmscle is saying. unless you want a blown engine, blown ring lands, etc.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:53 AM   #58
4nmscle
BANNED

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

12.6 for a boosted application??? Holeeeee fucking shit I'm quoting this for zilvia to see. THANK YOU ASS HAT!!

He's right OP!! I'm running so rich I might blow. Take his advice and lean your shit out to 12.6. That shit will run GREAT!!
Old 03-31-2013, 01:54 AM   #59
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyKid View Post
Yeah I have some programming experience and I'm very good with computers so I'm sure I can figure it out. So now I'm looking at Nistune vs Nismotronic. Which costs less with everything I'll need? (Just wondering, not influencing my decision)

It doesn't matter what everybody drives, they're answering a question; only their knowledge on the subject matters now. Go watch The Fast and the Furious.

Posted from Zilvia.net App for Android
i should probably get the android app. i upgraded my droid 4 to ICS and the physical keyboard isnt working right in the browser.

I believe Nistune does. i looked at Nismotronic in the past and was swayed in favor of Nistune. i don't remember what my exact reasoning was, but I trust my forgotten judgement.

with Nistune you can get the package (board, software, and cable), which is everything you need. the board will need to be soldered by someone with experience onto your existing ECU expansion header. the cable is a good investment, simply because other brand cables sometimes have trouble working with nistune, and that's what you'll use for monitoring / changing data and tracing. the software license is necessary too, obviously.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:54 AM   #60
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

Quote that shit AND go learn you fucking tard. Go learn REAL TUNING not fucking backyard Richen it up because I don't know how to tune tuning.

and if you didn't know that .85 lambda gasoline ( 12.5 AFR ) for boost + proper timing will make serious power... well GO FUCKING LEARN HOW TO TUNE
Just because you don't know proper tuning for maximum lean power, doesn't make everyone else the idiot, it makes you the idiot.