Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #6841
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Circa 2011:
Old 08-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #6842
blue91

Trader Rating: (1)
blue91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hopefully I'm worthy enough...
blue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #6843
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
deadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed View Post
Looking good man, you're welcome.

I think you should try looking into BrideFG/Nagisa/Circuitsports nagisa rep rails though, they sit super low. I went from something that looks like your setup to Nagisa's and I love sitting that low.

Good shit man
Thanks Brutha, definitely working on getting better rails, and hopefully a 4pt cage. I might come up on bride material, I would not mind working something out with the extra material that matches your arm rest, incase if you needed any?

IG Holy_khal
deadghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #6844
bpat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
bpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
For steering wheel installs on the s14, what did you guys do to unscrew the torx bolts on both sides of the stock wheel? Ive tried about everything and it still wont budge.

Last edited by bpat; 08-16-2013 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: typing error
bpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #6845
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpat View Post
For steering wheel installs on the s14, what did you guys do to unscrew the torx bolts on both sides of the stock wheel? Ive tried about everything and it still wont budge.
Idk...a torx wrench/screwdriver and some force...
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #6846
bpat
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
Idk...a torx wrench/screwdriver and some force...
Tried that for like 2 hours with pb blaster. Didnt move
Old 08-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #6847
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpat View Post
Tried that for like 2 hours with pb blaster. Didnt move
Are you sure you're turning it the correct way?

I mean this honestly when I say, you're one of the few people that have this problem. I've installed a lot of aftermarket units into cars with airbags and I can't say I've have trouble with the torx bolts.

You could use a torx head socket if you own one. I don't use mine because it's really not that difficult to break loose.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #6848
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
arnt those the safety bolts that have the nipple in the middle of the torx bolt? I had to buy a special set of torx bits that were hallow in the middle for those.
stevenrapids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #6849
bpat
Zilvia Member

Yes im turning it the right way. Its so wierd because ive seen people finger unscrew these before.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #6850
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadghost View Post
Thanks Brutha, definitely working on getting better rails, and hopefully a 4pt cage. I might come up on bride material, I would not mind working something out with the extra material that matches your arm rest, incase if you needed any?
I actually have a decent amount leftover. Thanks for the offer though. I don't want to do my door cards or glovebox but I also don't want to have a shop do it and get raped. Just kind of waiting to run into someone who is savy with interior work.

If you do get some, I would recommend DCA garage. I bought a yard of the 'hyper black' from them awhile ago for about $100 and I got a bit more than a yard. Bride fabric is tits though, nice and cushy.
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #6851
MeGusta.jpeg

MeGusta.jpeg is an unknown quantity at this point
just got these seats. s13 seats were disgusting. quick question for people with s14 seats, for the passenger seat do only 3 bolts line up? the front left bolt doesn't go in, not sure if the rail is just like that or if it takes some minor modification.
MeGusta.jpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #6852
ov1989
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
ov1989 will become famous soon enoughov1989 will become famous soon enoughov1989 will become famous soon enoughov1989 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeGusta.jpeg View Post
just got these seats. s13 seats were disgusting. quick question for people with s14 seats, for the passenger seat do only 3 bolts line up? the front left bolt doesn't go in, not sure if the rail is just like that or if it takes some minor modification.
They should all bolt right in man, play with it some more I had the same problem with my recent pair of s14 seats.
ov1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #6853
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
You probably had that problem, because some asshole was letting his overweight girlfriend sit on them in his garage while they were uninstalled. When you let them sit on a hard surface, and apply weight it bends the tabs.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #6854
IAmTheS13

IAmTheS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 08-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #6855
Fracture
Leaky Injector

Fracture is an unknown quantity at this point

Coolest looking gauges I've seen in a long time. Greddy should take this face style and make speedometers and tachometers too.
Fracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #6856
S14_kouki504
Zilvia Member

S14_kouki504 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to S14_kouki504
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post

i really like this interior. It's a clean design.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #6857
94_240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
94_240sx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ov1989 View Post
They should all bolt right in man, play with it some more I had the same problem with my recent pair of s14 seats.
There are two different types. One bolts right up and you have to flatten one mounting point with a hammer on the other one. I've installed both on mine, so I know.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #6858
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fracture View Post

Coolest looking gauges I've seen in a long time. Greddy should take this face style and make speedometers and tachometers too.
If I'm not mistaken these have been discontinued and replaced by the Multi D/A gauges no? I wanted to run these originally in my car but they're getting harder and harder to find matching sets...
Old 08-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #6859
Magoo1222
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Magoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Update on my interior - Wrapped my armrest and glove box. The camera makes it look lighter than it is, in person its near identical to the seats

Magoo1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #6860
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
It's never felt so good to have the interior back together...

Old 08-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #6861
dtfdanyo
Zilvia Addict

dtfdanyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
If I'm not mistaken these have been discontinued and replaced by the Multi D/A gauges no? I wanted to run these originally in my car but they're getting harder and harder to find matching sets...
Yes, black face with green back light and yellow needle is discontinued now. Had one in my old wrx, matched perfectly. Great looking gauges.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #6862
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
You're correct as they've been discontinued for YEARS now (SMI and regular versions). I wish you good luck hunting down a full set.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #6863
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fracture View Post

Or just make them again - stupid expensive used anymore. I ended up with an HKS gauge.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #6864
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
You're correct as they've been discontinued for YEARS now (SMI and regular versions). I wish you good luck hunting down a full set.
Shits so 90's. I just picked up a CB7 - oem interior lights Green on Black. LOVE IT.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #6865
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo1222 View Post
Update on my interior - Wrapped my armrest and glove box. The camera makes it look lighter than it is, in person its near identical to the seats
MUST HAVE! I've been wanting to do my door cars and glove box to make the S14 seats. Where did you get it!!
Old 08-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #6866
dwnshft2drft
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
dwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
It's never felt so good to have the interior back together...

Nice, where did u get ur matts? Looks like they are made for left hand drive

Stuff For Sale
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/40348...dm-excimo.html
dwnshft2drft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #6867
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
they're probably dmax. if so then gtr garage is running a Group Buy on them.
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #6868
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Yep. Not sure he has the right chassis mats, though. By the driver kick panel, the shaping doesn't look to match unless it's just a funny angle. But, yes. GTR-GARAGE is doing a group by either via their site or the vendor/group buy section. I ordered 2 pairs myself. Man, I love 'em.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #6869
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtfdanyo View Post
Yes, black face with green back light and yellow needle is discontinued now. Had one in my old wrx, matched perfectly. Great looking gauges.
Le Sigh, The ones I want (white face green lighting, boost, oil p, water temp) have been popping up for great deals all around me but I can never go get them due to circumstances... The last pair that came up I left for OTS (pretty much officer basic training) the day the guy decided to text me back :/

Anyways, my shitty setup right now, please stay away from megan oil pressure gauges btw, a destroyed rod bearing leads me to believe that it was lying to me.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:17 AM   #6870
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
Yep. Not sure he has the right chassis mats, though. By the driver kick panel, the shaping doesn't look to match unless it's just a funny angle. But, yes. GTR-GARAGE is doing a group by either via their site or the vendor/group buy section. I ordered 2 pairs myself. Man, I love 'em.
Yes, DMax floor mats and they are the correct chassis mats.