Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-12-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
zenki-s13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
zenki-s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
relay fuse box delete.

New here to the forum. Not new to forums in general or the s-chassis.

I'm sure that most would agree to there being to many wires in the engine bay. To me the biggest eye sores are the 2 big relay boxes inside.

I have searched and searched but I am not able to find the info that I am looking for.

I want to know what I can and cannot delete from these boxes.
What relays and fuses am I able to remove along with its wiring to through the loom without messing up any main functions of the car?

Thanks for any help.

Taylor.
zenki-s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2014, 06:32 PM   #2
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I would leave it alone. If you think its an "eye sore" why not dress it up? Make a custom cover for it? paint it? Put something over it? Make a really cool sticker for it. Be creative.

Basically, if your skill level with car electronics is so low that you need to ask about "how to " on a public forum you probably do not want to mess with it.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #3
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Search better theirs an entire wire tuck thread on this on here u can even just hide ur fuses underneath ur wheel well.
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:01 PM   #4
zenki-s13
Leaky Injector

The main reason of not dressing it up is because I want it out of view and so I dont have to worry about it once i tub my fenders.

Every thing that I try and search just brings me back to the same engine harness tucks. The engine harness is taken care of. I need to know on the main harness.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:06 PM   #5
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/322220-wire...ic-thread.html
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:04 AM   #6
richmond82
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (30)
richmond82 has a spectacular aura aboutrichmond82 has a spectacular aura aboutrichmond82 has a spectacular aura aboutrichmond82 has a spectacular aura aboutrichmond82 has a spectacular aura aboutrichmond82 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
get a wiring harness by Wiring Specialties and delete that OEM engine/chassis harness. Add power and grounds/relays for what you need. I got rid of mine and i havent turned back

Drake: 95 Swapped S15SR Z32 Swapped TT 1991Vert
richmond82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:11 AM   #7
zenki-s13
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmond82 View Post
get a wiring harness by Wiring Specialties and delete that OEM engine/chassis harness. Add power and grounds/relays for what you need. I got rid of mine and i havent turned back
I would like to do that. I just don't have the know-how to rewire everything like that.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #8
DJ-of-E
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
DJ-of-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenki-s13 View Post
I would like to do that. I just don't have the know-how to rewire everything like that.
Then don't touch it.

One of the biggest headaches for any "garage" mechanic is dealing with issues related to electronics. Unless you can read the wiring diagrams and find a solution for it, great. However, one mistake and you could kiss your entire OEM harness goodbye.

Someone people complained about "cost of labor" from mechanics, but this is one of the reason's why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn View Post
its not "DRIFT" tax its a "IDIOT" tax Period!
DJ-of-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:06 PM   #9
g2ic02
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
g2ic02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to g2ic02 Send a message via MSN to g2ic02
Why not leave the 2 relay boxes and start by tucking the remaining wires and reloom them.
g2ic02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:40 PM   #10
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
This is not something for the lower skill levels. Only someone with a relatively advanced understanding should be trying this. Sure you can trace every single wire and cut and shorten em (there's already threads about this) but it's extremely labor intensive and if you make one mistake it will take ages to find and correct it.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:28 PM   #11
unwtdhero
BANNED

unwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-known
You will regret it, and then you will buy this to fix it
ARC - Auto Rod Controls 8000R ARC Flat Touch Switch Control Panel - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS
unwtdhero is offline   Reply With Quote