Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #211
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Maybe shoot Dan a call
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #212
DDK
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
DDK is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I had the first gen S13 PBM's on my old car. Got an S14 kouki now and thinking about going with the pro coilovers... Anyone heard anything good or have any reviews????
DDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #213
lame_s13
Leaky Injector

lame_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have read a few times that the comp coils are very stiff and much more suited for lower hp cars than the pro coils, but exactly how low are we talking? I had a set of the stance gr+ pro SSD coils that were very stiff and worked well with my ka powered s14, but now I'm running a 13 coupe with sr and basic fmic, exhaust etc. I don't consider my set up high hp by any means but would I be better suited with the pro's or the comps? I just haven't heard any examples of what kind of hp numbers people are referring to when they say the comps are more suited for lower hp cars. Thanks ahead of time for any feedback.
lame_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #214
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Since when did hp have to do with brand of coils?

Wtf is wrong with people
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #215
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post

Wtf is wrong with people
lmaooooo
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #216
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Quote:

Wtf is wrong with people
Not necessary brand but dampening and spring rate definitely has a lot to do with how much power you put out.

Edit: Also just go with the Pro's. You will have a bit more rear grip but you can compensate with more tire pressure if you are having trouble. The ride and traction are well worth it.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #217
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
So he buy some pbms with his ka. Then a couple months later he swaps a sr like the rest of zilvia. Welp time to buy new coils!

Yeah. Cool story bro
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #218
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
other than pbm website anywhere else to buy these

sold out till end of april apparently
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:45 AM   #219
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
They sell factory direct only as to keep the price down.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:38 AM   #220
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
So he buy some pbms with his ka. Then a couple months later he swaps a sr like the rest of zilvia. Welp time to buy new coils!

Yeah. Cool story bro

its not a direct correlation you idiot.

and knock it off with the fun internet quotes. zilvia has been around since you were 8years old. dont act like you know everything. youre fresh outta highschool. you dont know shit

Last edited by Marcus; 02-21-2012 at 12:47 PM..
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:36 AM   #221
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
i know the threads old already but just in case someone searches...

picked up the pros about 3months ago , got 3k miles on them and theyre great, better than all the other coilovers ive tried, can get used to daily driving on these if you arent a bitch about it like the posts ive read before i bought mine, posts exaggerated about the stiffness lmao i go to tgif's every friday and drive home on a full stomach me and my gf and we're fine , great coilovers +1 for sexy colors

IG - allen.kerose
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #222
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:

Yeah. Cool story bro

or just change spring rates......

or be a man and spend the extra 350 and get the better coils....it's really a no brainer.

I just picked up the Pro's, I have a stock Sr in my s13. shake down should be in a few months when the car is done. I'll post an update on how it feels with low power. I'm going to run the 8k/6k swift setup.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:44 AM   #223
lame_s13
Leaky Injector

lame_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
Not necessary brand but dampening and spring rate definitely has a lot to do with how much power you put out.
This is exactly why I asked. When I had a 100whp car with 18's, I needed the super stiff coils and high tire pressure. Now that I have something lighter, with more hp and I want to start trying tandem, I know a softer suspension is going to help. Thanks for the feedback, I'll go with the pros
lame_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:51 AM   #224
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Definitely go with as much traction as your power allows. Makes tandem easier when following because you can check up and lose speed much faster allowing you to stay on their door.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:56 AM   #225
S_13_Sr.
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
S_13_Sr. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
how do the "pro's" compare to "fortune auto 510"

say they are the same price, what is the best bang for the buck?

i know FA have digressive valving and pretty thick piston but that doesn't always mean more durable.

how much softer/streetable are the pros from the comps

is the caster adjustment useful or more of a gimmick?
S_13_Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #226
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_13_Sr. View Post
how do the "pro's" compare to "fortune auto 510"

say they are the same price, what is the best bang for the buck?

i know FA have digressive valving and pretty thick piston but that doesn't always mean more durable.

how much softer/streetable are the pros from the comps

is the caster adjustment useful or more of a gimmick?
The pros are a lot more streetable than the comps. The caster adjustment works well if you decide to set your car up that way. Basically you use the TC rod to center the wheel in the wheel well, you adjust caster at the top mount as advertised and you adjust camber with the LCA.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:31 AM   #227
B-Rod15
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
B-Rod15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
hmm I think ill order a set when they are back in stock .. I've read nothing but good things, pretty convinced I wanna go this direction.
B-Rod15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #228
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone know how their new linear springs compare to swifts? I have the latest gen comps before they made them all copper and shiney like (2nd or 3rd gen) and I'm thinking of just upgrading to their new springs.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:35 AM   #229
GustavoCesare

GustavoCesare is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry for bumping an old thread. I'm looking to buy PBM sometime soon so I was just wondering how these coilovers went for you if you ended up making the purchase? I'll be daily driving and seeing the track as much as I can. Did you go with the pros or the basic ones?

Thanks
GustavoCesare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #230
gallo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
gallo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
daily drove my s13 with cage and they held up great and i drove through some shitty streets. .i had isis and k-sport before. i hated k-sport and isis held up great for the price. but PBM is quality stuff . .
Old 02-08-2014, 10:12 AM   #231
Beas
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Beas is making a name for him/her selfBeas is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
if you are going to daily it, I know martin recommends 8k/6k springs. I have 10/8 in mine and its a bit harsh. can ride low without rubbing though. might want to think about that when u order.
Beas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:24 AM   #232
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
Does anyone know how their new linear springs compare to swifts? I have the latest gen comps before they made them all copper and shiney like (2nd or 3rd gen) and I'm thinking of just upgrading to their new springs.
wtf 2 years and no one answered my question
Old 02-08-2014, 01:18 PM   #233
udon!
Nissanaholic!

udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
lil off topic but has anyone had issues with PBM RUCA coming loose? Mine came loose to the point where I could spin adjustment nuts by hand.. I have the previous generation without the extra jam nut thingy that makes sure settings don't come loose...
udon! is offline   Reply With Quote