Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:05 AM   #1
aga
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
aga is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR who has EIDS?

not the disease man, anyway it's spelled differently.

i'm talking about HKS EIDS , a long forgotten device that fixes some issues with idle and sudden off-throttle rich spots caused by the MAF being a dick.

anyway, even with a recirculated blow off valve and proper tuning on the power fc the car still spits the occasional black cloud on off throttle and i also can see it on the wideband , it just takes a sec to correct itself.

a lot of the evo guys use it too. i'm thinking of getting one. Anybody got any previous experience on it? i hear even the wiring described in the manual is wrong...
Old 03-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #2
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
You can use a SAFC-II to do this
Old 03-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #3
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
I thought you were talking about Ford's EDIS and you just misspelled it.

On that note, what Kingalton stated is true...
Old 03-17-2014, 08:19 PM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Why would he want to piggy back a SAFC to a PFC? Go D-jetro PFC instead of L-jetro?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:14 PM   #5
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Why would he want to piggy back a SAFC to a PFC? Go D-jetro PFC instead of L-jetro?
have you ever tuned a D-jetro? It goes like this:

PFC L-jetro = 5 minuts to tune

PFC D-jetro = 1000 minutes to tune

not really really but sort of yes. Off topic, on an unrelated side note: I have about 6000 minutes of tuning invested and I am still not happy 100%. only 99%. Getting that last 1% is ... unspeakably impossible.
There are some things that a power FC was never meant to do, and tuning circles only goes so far.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:13 AM   #6
aga
Zilvia Junkie

that's true. i have an L-jetro on my car cause it was cheaper and i already had the z32 maf, but i like it in the end.I've been tuning D-jetros all the time and its a lot more time consuming.

i wouldnt use an safc , cause i like flip said i already have a standalone, it takes more space, and its more expensive. the other thing is a little box under the dashboard.

so i guess nobody has used it huh?
Old 03-18-2014, 12:17 AM   #7
Nategreat923
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Nategreat923 is making a name for him/her selfNategreat923 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There were only a few threads I found on other car make forums, I was actually looking because I found one at a local importer. May be a silly question, but why not just recirculate?
Nategreat923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:21 AM   #8
aga
Zilvia Junkie

i do have a reciculating bov. it still does it, to a smaller extent.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:39 AM   #9
Nategreat923
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Nategreat923 is making a name for him/her selfNategreat923 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ah, I reread your post, and now I see that. Sorry. Well, worst case give it a shot and report back to us, because Im curious about it
Nategreat923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:43 AM   #10
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i had one years ago, works well and simple to install/tune. IIRC it taps into the MAF signal, TPS, power and ground. I had it on a non-rec BOV and it worked perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:06 PM   #11
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aga View Post
i do have a reciculating bov. it still does it, to a smaller extent.
something else is wrong. you should not have a problem with metered air if your system is not letting out metered air.

Furthermore, the power FC and stock sr20det ecu both have fuel cut settings for engine rpm vs tps

F/C. A/E [RPM]
F/C. E/L [RPM]
F/C. A/C [RPM]

these will cut ALL fuel (your wideband should go full lean) when tps drops to minimum when above set [RPM]. A/E is normal, E/L is almost never used, A/C is when A/C is on.
try setting them around 1200rpm or less.