Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:33 AM   #1
drag113
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
drag113 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 A very short and basic review: ISIS HR Coilovers

I know there's alot of controversy on an inexspensive set of coilovers but i have to admit.. For an inexpensive set i've heard good enough things to go ahead and pull the trigger. I own an S14 and bought these to replace a blown set of tokico's and some unknown springs. To make it short it was definately a night and day difference.

Now to go into specifics (no pics just yet):

I'm not a suspension fanboy, i've never owned a set of STANCE or high end coilovers as much as i'd love to. My last 350z i've had a set of Tein Basics which was more than enough for what I was looking for. Just to give everyone a perspective from who's giving the review. I'm an average user pretty much. The car is never tracked.

Build: I like what I saw when I opened the box. They looked very solid. Came out the box as one piece. The springs and the seats are adjustable and looked like they have plenty of height adjustability.

Install: Install was straightforward. I observed 3 flaws.

- The passenger side brake line bracket was warped. I could not get to use the OEM clips to attach the line since it was messed up. Nothing that a few zipties can't fix

- The seat body (or w/e you call it) are painted. Needless to say after installing, bolting them on, adjusting them, etc, the paint definately chipped on some areas of the seat.

- The rear. The body is probably thicker than most coilover sets. I've ran into clearance issues. The rear toe rod bolt touches the body. But didn't notice any discrepancy during driving. The drivers side cleared so i'm thinking maybe an alignment will probably fix it, or a shorter toe rod bolt.

Other than that they seem great. Definately went low enough. I'll post pics later.

Drive: Out for the test drive. No noises, no clunks. The car definately felt more solid on the road. They are very streetable. Not too stiff at all.

For the money i'd say they are a buy. I'll keep posting impressions as time passes by.
drag113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
twyztidmind
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (23)
twyztidmind is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Nice review, keep us updated as time goes on!
twyztidmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Are these full tap or single tap (dual or single height adjustable) suspension?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:56 PM   #4
drag113
Leaky Injector

drag113 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Are these full tap or single tap (dual or single height adjustable) suspension?
They're Dual
drag113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #5
nispower

nispower is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like a good set of coilovers. How low did you lower your car?
nispower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #6
do it sideways
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
do it sideways is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
thx for actually giving your thoughts of owning one, people usually talk down on it and they have never even seen the coilover in person.
do it sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:05 AM   #7
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
update? J/w because I'm looking for a set of coilovers and want some reviews. I don't track the car either.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
RedSiBaron
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RedSiBaron is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
this is a good review...im thinking when the stock suspension finally gives out on my daily s13, ill probably be ordering the isis coilovers...
RedSiBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #9
JKL1031
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
JKL1031 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
update for us. First day says nothing but that it fits.
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #10
mgeronimo

mgeronimo is an unknown quantity at this point
ISIS Set up

240 set up had the teins super street coils ride was good after the car got stolen I bought another 240 and ended up getting the ISIS so far the ISIS has held up pretty well its a bang for the buck and quite happy with them as it is just my daily driver and thats all that it is no track time what so ever. After spending money on better suspension I chose the cheaper route just didnt feel the need for brand name. Yes theres a difference in ride ISIS vs. Teins both coilovers had its negative and positive points.
Buy what makes you feel happy and Im with purchase of the ISIS price and performance
mgeronimo is offline   Reply With Quote