Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:09 PM   #1
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
JDS Performance

Hey guys I'm here to rate my transaction with JDS Performance. I sent him my 2k mile old Garrett GT2560R for inspection and necessary action pending condition. It came off my old sr20 which died from oil pump failure, and I was concerned about having damaged it.

Shipped it in the box it came from and everything. I have a PM paper trail and all my shipping stuff, and it will be coming on 3 weeks. He even commented via PM that this thing was in exceptionally great condition, and that my tolerances were within spec. All he would do is replace seals and send it for balance.

After my initial inquiry;

[QUOTE=JDS Performance][QUOTE=bataangpinoy]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy
Quote:
Not sure if I replied to this yet...
Rebuild kit $225
Balance $100
Labor $125
But I will do it for $425 plus shippng to help you out.
Package is confirmed as delivered, let me know when you get started so I can remove my t25 and prep the car for install.

Thanks!
-Galen
Looks like you seals are bad shaft play is within spec... would you like me to still fully rebuild it or just do the rings and balance? Some customers like the peace of mind to have all new internals and some would rather risk it and save money. Lmk thanks!
Are tolerances well within spec? My concern was in the amount of axial play; is that being caused by the bad seals?

If so, and you think that the bb cartridge is still safe to run, lets just do the seals!

-Galen
Yes it should be fine but I don't warranty used parts. Yes the play is within spec... not new specs but in good shape. .. Ok I will do only the seals and balance. The seals are $50 and balance is $100

Sent a PM about a week ago, asking how things are coming along.
On may 8th, I receive this PM in response to my inquiry on time frame.

Quote:
It's in its way back from balance.
Now I understand that G-Pop shop is all the way in AZ, and JDS being in NC, shipping might be a bear. I have agreed to pay shipping, parts and labor costs for services rendered on my turbo. I shipped him my turbo, I want my exact turbo back, with the services we agreed on, performed and complete. I have paypal waiting and ready to go when he lets me know when and where to send said paypal upon completion of these services.

So if my math is correct

50 - seals
100 - balance
125(may change?) - labor

275+ shipping costs.

I've not said anything demeaning, and I've not been aggressive in any way.
I'm only putting this post up to make the public aware of whats going on, just because I don't want to let things get to a boiling point, and have to play ring around the rosie later.
I am merely a bit concerned, and feeling a crunch for time, and JD has been a touch unresponsive.

Been trying to get in contact this week, no such luck. NO idea where my turbo is and now I'm not going to register for the next event on the 30th.

I'm sure he's a good guy, and I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. I pm'd him and haven't heard back, so I'll reserve any further judgment till we sort things out.

God Bless,
Galen

Last edited by bataangpinoy; 05-21-2014 at 10:23 PM..
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2014, 09:24 PM   #2
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (53)
JDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Hope everything is going well - just seen this.
Yes I am a super busy guy - when I am not working (which is always) I am spending time with my family. Yes shipping time is 4-5 days there and then the same back - I did the job in 1 day - G-Pop is even busier than myself...I think they had it for 2-4 days.

So if you could update this post on a postive note that would be great...I can assure you if you sent it to any other shop it would have taken longer... Enjoy!
JDS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:25 PM   #3
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Josh, thanks again, and for all those interested, his work is top notch. the only snag is the turnaround time from g-pop shop for the cartridge balance.

good work, fair price, honest and upfront.

would send another turbo to him.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 03:31 PM   #4
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (53)
JDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
Josh, thanks again, and for all those interested, his work is top notch. the only snag is the turnaround time from g-pop shop for the cartridge balance.

good work, fair price, honest and upfront.

would send another turbo to him.
Not a problem...Enjoy!
JDS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote